What Fiddlebacks are you looking for?

I'm into the stainless as well, although it is less of a priority for me.

Wasps and a stainless Scorpions with a guard. I had a beautiful Wasp that I patina'ed with mustard and loved but I gifted it to a family member. I want a replacement Wasp and I've been on the hunt for that Scorpion for over a year, although I've recently slipped in my fanatical hunt.

I'm into the stainless as well, although it is less of a priority for me.

Wasps and a stainless Scorpions with a guard. I had a beautiful Wasp that I patina'ed with mustard and loved but I gifted it to a family member. I want a replacement Wasp and I've been on the hunt for that Scorpion for over a year, although I've recently slipped in my fanatical hunt.
dont look at last weeks thread
check in more regularly and welcome back

Wow. That's like when you are in the shower and the water suddenly turns ice cold. What a nice piece!

For me, most models with bolsters and synthetic handles. 3/32 and 1/8 TT all the way!

I own 2 fiddlebacks so far.
I'm currently watching for an Esquire, Minimuk TT and a Sneaky Pete TT.
I like a lot of handle configurations, just looking for the 1 that appeals to me.

Kephart with 1/8" tapered tang, bolstered synthetic over synthetic, dove-tailed in the old school style.

Woodsmans seem few and far between these days.
5/32" A2 TT with dark colored burlap, no bolsters, green pinstripes.

I'm looking for a Handyman convex ground with a thicker handle in 1/8 or 3/32 SFT. Bolstered with straight grain wood, shadetree, or just plain canvas micarta (all neutral colors) are my preferred handle configurations. Seems like many of them lately have been scandi ground, have burl handles, or both. One will pop up eventually, and I plan to get a production hiking buddy in the meantime.

Woodsman, Ladyfingers, Runt and Stubby Muk with wood handles. Wood and OD (and some other) bolster configurations. Love bocote & OD. A bolstered woodsman is my number one thing right now. It seems like I just keep getting busy and hitting the thread too late.

I'm waiting for a 1/8 convex Stainless terrasaur with micarta handles. Haven't seen many like that but I'm patient haha

For me, a 1/8" convex Recluse with white micarta...:excitement:

I'm looking for a small one for skinning game, in 154..,not sure the thickness, I guess the thinner ones, maybe the runt is the way to go, what do ya'll suggest? Thanks.:confused:

Bow Legged Chopper, 3 Finger Joe, Snub Nose, Wood Pecker, Palmer, Scandi Carver, EDC 1, Old School 2 Finger Karda Scandi, anything with the old style popcorn spalting, SS Nesmuk, a .25" Runt, and a Toothpick.

Edit:

Oh, a TT Camp Knife and a Comp Cutter would be killer as well!

Last edited:
I have been wanting a Handyman with convex grind and synthetic handles (if bolstered i prefer them black).

Back