What folding lockback knife would James Bond carry?

I have thought alot about this for a while now and I feel like it wouldn't be a lock back but a strider smf cc all black

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well the Rolex back than was a working mans military watch that was not considered extremely expensive but yet rugged and classy. So the knife would have to be something in that class. Classy and rugged with a hint of military in it but yet still affordable for the average working man.

Out from left field: A ZT0450CF. Light. Sleek. Strong. Stabby. Simple. Or an Al Mar Falcon Talon HD. And no, Al Mar does not make one for the rest of us. :(

Sebenza. Small. Micarta inlays. Chisel ground.

Or a British racing green Spyderco of some sort.

A Buck 110 because it's a classic, it's quality, and it can get the job done every time.

Bond was all about the classics.

I agree with an earlier post, bond would likely carry a fixed blade.

What lockback knives are made in Britain today? They are illegal there. No lockbacks allowed.

I don't think carrying a Shirogorov (Russian knife) would be cool .

Maybe one of these Joseph Rogers lock back knives . .. But apparently there illegal in the UK who knew ;)

Last edited:
Something slim, elegant, fast, and stabby. An OTF fits the Bond image.

Protech Dark Angel

protech-dark-angel-steel-damascus-2016-cm.jpg

Of course, it would also be some sort of rfid generator, a tazer and roofie dispenser.

Just realized his pistol is a no go in the UK too. Guess he's reduced to colourful language.

Fixed blade, custom, multi-position concealabe sheath, Bud Nealy Kinzhal at 3.5" with cabon fiber. It's already used by...:)

Just realized his pistol is a no go in the UK too. Guess he's reduced to colourful language.

Like I said, he's a 00. Double 0's would be exempt.

About the only folder I can picture Bond with would be a switchblade made in Italy or maybe a CRK of some sort.

TIRvdymh.jpg

An Emerson custom of some sort, simple, elegant but very very usable and effective knives.

He wouldn't carry any lock back folder.
I must agree.
James Bond is a secret agent. He may be suave and debonair in the Sean Connery-Walther PPK-Rolex-sense, but there needs to be a certain level of pragmatism when it comes to the tools he's going to carry to help him complete his mission(s)--even if they are cinematic. His objective/s and his environment will narrow down what knife he might carry (assuming he's not off the grid and/or globe-hopping, again), but odds are at least 8-to-1 it won't be a folding knife which requires two hands to open.

Back