What is your dream KMG attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for taking so long to answer this.

The 2nd revision of the MAP arm has arrows engraved on the knuckle to show the direction to turn the nuts to tighten them. It also replaces the small bar screwed to the underside of the table with an adjustable screw. This is to set the table back to horizontal after setting up for "horizontal" grinding. The rev 2 ARM still performes the same as the rev 1 ARM.

If this doesnt make sense, let me know and I can post some pics.

Hi Michael!

Please post a picture of how it's(adjustable screw instead of small bar) done.

Thanks

bump for a great attachment that I dont have yet :)

Any images of this with the flat platen in use?

my dream attchement is being being attached to my very own KMG.. grinding ever thing is sight!

jake

I am in the process of making a grinder and i am very intrigued by your tool rest design. can you go into a little more detail on how it articulates and pivots. how is the tool arm attached to the rest? What type of joints and levers do you use to adjust the positioning.

thanks,
brian

adammichael. Hello how would I go about getting one of your tool rest. I also have a KMG. any infomation that you could forward to me would me great. Thanks Gunny1911

If you send him $430 plus shipping he'll send you an exact replica so that you can see EXACTLY how this goes together. :)

Hey Nick I have been making knives for a while and I am real interested in your designs, can you send me one of your templet so I can get and accurate copy, also instructions of getting my grinds to be nice like yours, thanks :D

Last edited:
Hey Nick I have been making knives for a while and I am real interested in your designs, can you send me one of your temples so I can get and accurate copy, also instructions of getting my grinds to be nice like yours, thanks :D

Temples??? Nick has temples... like to worship at? Wow, he IS that cool. And I thought it was wierd that I had set up a shrine to his GIANT... ehem... anvil. :D

adammichael. Hello how would I go about getting one of your tool rest. I also have a KMG. any infomation that you could forward to me would me great. Thanks Gunny1911

Im sorry for the late response but I was on vacation and I didnt see this untill now. If you send me your address I will get you a shipping quote.

Nick, I would also be interested in your knife designs. It would be easier for me to understand what your doing if you could cut, gring shape, polish and sharpen the blade before you send it to me. While your at it you might as well put a handel on it and make a sheath. Ivory please. Let me know when its ready to ship and I'll send you my address. Thanks Buddy.

Michael

and can you put those in cad files or such... so i can feed it into a cnc thingy and burp out tonnes of product.. ;)

Nick is an art-ieeest, he don't need no stinkin templates..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back