What is your ideal Swiss Army Knife?

I want a 91mm SAK that violates the laws of physics by incorporating both a small blade and a Pioneer inline awl in the same position. I want both of them.
I almost want to build this…exactly as you state it here.

Just to shake stuff up and do something new.

EDIT:
Done. Had the parts I needed loose. Mocked it up…and it actually works in a couple of arrangements. Crazy.

Last edited:
I had to look that up.

For reference, it's this: https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Artisan
Yeah, it’s too bad they’re too … to fix the page names. It’s really the ‘original’ Craftsman.

It's funny because today I just found out about this guy: https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Victorinox+Master+Craftsman+Small

It's got a metal file on an 84mm model, and would you look at that oldschool bail. Nice.
Yeah, I almost put that on the list…but first things first. Scissors and extra layers. I’d need that and I could build the 84mm Master Craftsman with modern and mostly unmodified parts. 84mm stainless metal saw…no problem.

And I have enough of of those anyway. Even one in box. A couple that need some fixin’.

They used to make the cadet with the pen blade. Called the Cadet II. You can still find them on the secondary market.

From the wiki:
This model was originally produced with horizontally ribbed scales in silver or red Alox, and also featured a small clip-point blade. It was originally known as the Cadet. The model later transitioned to checkered Alox scales and a drop-point blade.
The wiki is missing the fact that ribbed ones are available in both clip blades and drop points AND nail files. So the checkered style change is the last one.

Good suggestion, but the wiki is poorly written on this.

I want a 91mm SAK that violates the laws of physics by incorporating both a small blade and a Pioneer inline awl in the same position. I want both of them.
🙃 Laws of physics violated:

52293205577_b4cce34cd2_w.jpg

52294448589_2e36989691_m.jpg

I‘m gonna need more donor pioneers now.

Also wish they’d move the nail nick on 93mm scissors. Good thing the 111mm scissors drop-in the 93mm frame.

From the wiki:

The wiki is missing the fact that ribbed ones are available in both clip blades and drop points AND nail files. So the checkered style change is the last one.

Good suggestion, but the wiki is poorly written on this.
Fair enough, though my point was that they did produce the cadet with a second blade, not to trace its evolution.

I always thought it odd that it was originally called the cadet, and then when the nail file was introduced, was inexplicably renamed the cadet II (which is why I linked that wiki article).

The Fieldmaster does it all for me, although an inline Phillips would be a nice upgrade if they could do it without adding a layer.

Fair enough, though my point was that they did produce the cadet with a second blade, not to trace its evolution.
Understood. Just adding the info about which types also came with blades or nail files so someone would know what’s available or what to look for.

I always thought it odd that it was originally called the cadet, and then when the nail file was introduced, was inexplicably renamed the cadet II (which is why I linked that wiki article).
A lot of inexplicable stuff ends up in the wiki. Lots to point out whenever it’s cross-referenced. ‘Cadet II’ is one of those things…rewriting history.

Manager. It has the best tools of them all. I've had mine several years. It does everything I need, and is easily carried in my jeans watch pocket with Micro light attached like a fob.

Back