What knife cut you the worst?

Just curious what blades have dished out the worst or most recent damage to user.
The fact that we use/play with our knives a lot, it happens.
What's your tale?

Nothing too gnarly, but so far this year, my Emerson Gentleman Jim bit me first and worst. Was doing some light yard work, quickly working the blade through some slim branches when I ran it across the side of my middle finger. That chisel grind works haha... should have been wearing gloves. Anyhow, due to bandaid/taping/training/usage, a blister had formed next to the cut. Definitely one of the weirdest wounds I've had. Been holding out the middle finger every task for almost week now :D

Last edited:
The recurve blade on my crkt summa nice deep hollow grind.............sigh

A gouge chisel buried itself into my thumb bone years ago, still no sensation in that thumb.. unless of course I hit it on something and it feels like it did the day it happened. Stupidity hurts!

3 stitches and a bit of nerve damage on the top of my index finger from a slip while trying to get a brkt Gunny to seat in its brand new sheath. Luckily no major tendon damage thus no sugery.

cut off the right pinkey finger off at the first joint with a Stanley utility knife on the job while cutting drywall with a T-square as a strait edge. I was pulling the knife along the edge of the T-square and it slipped off and across the top of the square right where I was holding the square. Got it fixed up by a plastic surgeon but that finger has never been right since. If i even tap it or bump it my whole had will go numb for like 40 seconds and it hurts like its being smashed by a hammer when its cold.

Brand new Mcusta Tsuchi. Framelock is so stiff it bit me trying to close it. I'll be giving this gentleman's folder away.

A machete to the middle knuckle of my left pointer finger
wasn't great :rolleyes:

my zt 551, about 2 minutes after opening the box, cut my right thumb down to the bone on the knuckle. It had a sticky lock bar and i was watching tv while starting to break it in. blade came down on me and for a second i thought I got away with it....till the blood started flowing. Good thing my lady is in the medical field, didn't even have to go to the hospital.

Dalton Scorpion OTF auto - went deep into the meaty part of my hand. Bled all over my wife's newly upholstered couch.

Several stitches and a crack to the back of the head ensued.

Syn

Kershaw Crown. I went to go close the blade and I left my thumb laying across the knife, right in the path of the blade.

Kellam Wolverine, so sharp I didn't even feel the cut. I was washing it in the sink and not paying attention, never noticed or felt the knife cut into my thumb, finally realized that the knife stopped moving because it was stuck in the bone of my thumb.

my bradley kimura balisong cut me across all 4 fingers on my left hand

Those things come so damn sharp! Laid about 3/4 of the circumference of my finger to the bone :eek: Still have pretty nice scar from flinching and putting the point of a straight razor through my cheek too.

Laid my thumb open while deburring a crappy chefs knife in a piece of wood, found out the hard way that the piece of 2x4 was punky, slid through the wood and right into my thumb. Months later and it's still tender.

Khukri chop to left index finger. I was splitting firewood and put my left hand it shouldn't have been. It was only a light practice swing so I still have my finger. It only took 12 stitches & no nerve or tendon damage. I got lucky & learned to be more respectful without losing anything I couldn't replace.

I made a little knife that looks like a medieval broad head arrow head. I hadn't made a sheath for it yet, I just had it wrapped in card board in my pocket to show to my buddies on UFC night. After a few drinks (ok I was piss drunk) I was sitting on the floor and wiped something off my hand on my pant leg, the knife went through the card board, through my pant leg, and right in to my finger. The razor sharpness and alcohol made it take me a half second longer than it should have to notice so I did some nasty damage. The little flap of skin I glued back down is just now starting to get feeling back 3 months later. My own stupidity amazes me sometimes. Derrr.... a knife designed after a weapon made to penetrate armor pentrated cardboard and jeans... derrr

30j5gzl.jpg

I thought it was a good idea to watch a movie and touch up a carbon opinel #6 on a coffee mug at the same time. It got angry because i wasn't giving it my full attention so it bit my thumb to the bone :D.

I wouldn't call it the worse, but it's certainly the most recent. I cut myself with my new William Henry B7-FT slicing through shrink wrap on a double-flat of small bottled water. :rolleyes: :mad:

Back