What knife cut you the worst?

It was a Camillus Boy Scout knife back in about 1977. I was 8yrs old at the time and cut the back of my thumb open while whittling a stick. Not too bad. About 7 or 8 stiches.

Luckily that was the worst of my life. But I never did it again.

Dozier Large Outdoorsman.
I was pulling it out of the kydex sheath to show a friend.
Unfortunately, the web of skin between my thumb and forefinger on the right hand was
covering the open slit of the knife on the blade side.
One quick pull to release the knife from the sheath, and bang, right to the bone, muscle, nerve everything.
There was very little blood but the pain almost made me pass out.
A few weeks later, after some microsurgery, all was good; except for the constant numbness on the inside of my index finger.
Lenny

Para 2 bit me while cutting some zip ties on my buddies boat. Went into my left hand, cut both tendons in my pink, had surgery need more surgery to fix my hook pinky lol

this is as far as a i can straighten it
20130117_083148.jpg

I wasn't paying attention and I was flipping open my Gerber Paraframe (I know...lol It was my first real knife) and I flipped it open and my thumb (I don't know how) slipped off the thumb stud and slid right down the serrations. Not to much blood but I had a flap of skin hanging. No scar tho :D

My first experience with an auto (it was a Benchmade HK) ended with a cut to the bone on my left ring finger, lots of blood and four stitches.

I've posted a couple of mishaps on here. One was by a Blackie Collins designed knife with some horrible lock system and the other was with Livesay RTAK. Neither was particularly bad although the RTAK incident could easily have been much worse.

Worse: a grocery store box knife. 10 stitches in my palm because I was being a putz with it a chuch when I was 15. Still have a pretty scar with perfectt stitch marks. Most surprising: last week my Boker AF fixed blade, freshly sharpened. Barely touched, not sliced, but touched, the blade, and sliced the width of my finger. That was a bite.

I asked my friend to toss me my Benchmade Kulgera (bad idea yeah), it ended up opening a little and stabbing my palm, I now have a inch long scar haha

The worst cuts I've had are always from kitchen knives that someone has thrown into a sink of soapy water. Of course, my kitchen knives are razor sharp and your hand is as good a piece of meat as any from their view.

I was with a friend and he had a cardboard box that needed to be opened and I saw I'd do it. I had my Kershaw Blur with me and flipped it open (didn't have it de-assisted at the time) and I didn't have my left hand far enough out of the path of the blade and it put about a 1/2 cut to the left of my point fingers first knuckle.

The worst cuts I've had are always from kitchen knives that someone has thrown into a sink of soapy water. Of course, my kitchen knives are razor sharp and your hand is as good a piece of meat as any from their view.

Not me. I never wash my knives. They're pretty nasty now, but, look ma, 10 fingers!

Cut myself to the bone on my left hand with a cold steel master hunter about 17 years ago. Didn't sever tendons, nerves because of the direction. I was sharpening it when someone walked in and asked me a question. Looked up for a second and felt it rake across the bone.

My Bk2 almost cut my left index off, it was hanging by a little piece of flesh...yep, think about that moment everyday. Waited 9 hours at the hospital to get surgery, dark days...lol

man...some pretty bad ones in here.

Last time for me was few weeks before this last xmas, my present which was a custom griptilian came in. I was so excited that while holding and admiring it, the phone rang and I reached for it with the hand that was holding the knife and stuck that sucker right in my forearm. At least I knew it wasn't defective XD

My Bk2 almost cut my left index off, it was hanging by a little piece of flesh...yep, think about that moment everyday. Waited 9 hours at the hospital to get surgery, dark days...lol

After I read 9 hours I thought Canada......sure enough. That's nuts. Then again in the us it may have been quicker, but can ruin your credit!

I've never had any especially nasty wounds, but my most recent one was with my 1 ton. I had just started teaching myself to sharpen and had honed it up to a razors edge, and let's just say it had been a long time since I had used a razor sharp blade. It went straight through the bag I was opening and slashed across my right index finger. It bled like mad until I found a little super glue to fix it. No stitches or anything major.

I dropped a Cold Steel AK-47 and went to grab it before it fell. I grabbed it in a reverse grip and caught it but accidentally stabbed the top of my left hand about 1/4" in. It bled....a lot.

Spyderco Manix 2 (my favorite knife yet!) 2 weeks ago cutting up some boxs foe recycle. Got 5 stiches left index finger. The good news found out about a place close to home here in NJ called "Urgent Care" took me in 10 minutes ON A SUNDAY.. No apointment needed..took my medical plan , whole job cost $20 Co-Pay.

Victorinox serrated steak knife. I was cutting up a green pepper and somehow when gunning right through the pad of my left thumb. Got right down into that orangey-red sinew and was really close to the bone. I'd like to say I'm a little wiser now, but I imagine it'll happen again when I'm not paying close enough attention.

Back