What knife cut you the worst?

Mora #1,
Just about sliced off the tip pf my Left pinky finger.
9 stitches and ican no longer fully feel the tip of the finger
Like a friggen light saber

Imacasa machete I got in Honduras. I was chopping some firewood one thanksgiving and the gut-hook on the back of the blade caught the top of my hand and tore it open. My parents drove to the hospital and I got 7 stitches.

651_512127587146_7435_n_zps7808a0d0.jpg

Tenacious... I was practicing lefty like a dumb%#* and sliced half my middle finger off. It was fresh off the edge pro strop and all too. There was a little myth that the Tenacious will clip you good. Its such an accessible knife and tends to be a user model. That may xplain the incidences.

Delica 4.

Happened about 3 week ago. Straight out of the box new, tried to flick it closed one handed like a dumba$$. Slammed shut on the last joint on my index finger. Severed my extensor tendon and nerves. I couldn't extend the last joint on my finger. Google "mallot finger". Also a patch of skin on top right before my finger nail is now numb. Now I have to keep it in a splint for a few weeks for the tendons to heal. Hopefully the nevers will too.

It goes without saying... be careful with edges.

classic1.jpg

I was jibber jabbering with the wife not paying attention while cutting a cable tie. Thought I had the back end against the side of the knuckle on my middle finger for support, but it was the sharp end of the blade. One quick, hard pull and a sharp pain in my gut (finger was strangely numb initially) told me I screwed up. I looked at the finger, saw the cut and no blood and thought, ok, this isn't so bad. However, while getting a band aid and trying to deal with the stomach nausea, it started to bleed alot. So I kept my cool, applied direct pressure until the bleeding stopped, used some super glue to hold it together and it was fine after a week. I suspect I was lucky to have cut the skin, hit the bone, and no tendons.

Kershaw Skyline last March. Playing around at work. Sliced my left index finger, not deep, but had a gash an inch long and 1/3 inch wide at it's widest. My coworkers were freaking out because of the blood and the flap of skin attached barely by a thread. I told them to get me hydrogen peroxide, paper towels, and gauze. Wrapped it up quite nice. Kept the flap of skin in place. Now it feels like I have a callus there.

306155_343641505697698_1878823527_n.jpg

A Rambo Knife.

No.... not a bowie knife...... and Actual Rambo Knife... As in the Authentic Replica from United Cutlery in 1987. Was pretending I knew WTF I was doing with the sharpening stone when my dog apparently had a seizure and ran directly at me in what I take as an attempt to alert me that things were not right......

Well, once the knife slipped out of my hands it was all downhill.

plenty of stitches and a thumb that has battle scars to prove just how damn sharp those came :) FWIW, when I showed up driving myself to the hospital my jeans were straight COVERED as was the towel I wrapped around my damn near severed thumb... they inquired about blood loss and mentioned transfusions. Yea, she cut me deep

The worst cuts I've had are always from kitchen knives that someone has thrown into a sink of soapy water. Of course, my kitchen knives are razor sharp and your hand is as good a piece of meat as any from their view.

LMFAO well worded man, touche

I haven't had any really bad ones so far (knock on wood), but I've had a LOT of little ones. There are only two that stick out in my mind...

My Tanto Blur folded on my hand a while ago, giving me a pretty mean cut. It took a few stitches, but healed up pretty well. That was probably the worst cut, or at least the only one that I got stitches for...

I sunk a Gerber Mark 2 into my knee when I was in high school IIRC, or maybe university, trying to learn to do neat knife-twirling / five-fingered-fillet tricks like in Aliens. I think liquor might have been a factor... It didn't leave a big hole (being as the knife is only like 1/2 an inch wide at its widest point), but it sunk in a good 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch, right into the bone, and nicked the kneecap besides. Scared the living HECK out of me and took forever to feel normal again, but healed up okay.

[youtube]K3y5GSznNfI[/youtube]

All in all I've been pretty lucky - here's hoping I learned my lesson before I go and actually hurt myself. :eek:

mine was actually not a knife but an axe, i had just sharpened it and it cut me a little bit, it wasnt like i lost an arm or anything but now im a bit more careful

Worst grab I ever had was my XL Espada. About 1 minute after opening it, I tried to close it an because of the stiff Triad lock, it was juuuust about to close and then it slammed shut on my index finger to the bone, and I didn't even feel it for about 5 sec. Scariest thing I have witnessed because it just started getting warm and wet and I thought that was weird, and then I saw. That was about thre months ago and I can still feel a bit of tenderness. Stupid me, and massive knives.

I've accidentally nicked and cut myself here and there with my izula 2. Worst cut ever was working in a restaurant; chopping up some onions and having a conversation with someone. Looked up, chef's knife buried itself into the bone of my middle finger. Might have sheened that bad boy off if it had fallen on the joint! Fun stuff!

Mora 2000. Just a little spasm and...zip...stitches. Wasn't even using it. I was looking at it and sort of admiring the edge I just put on it...which I can say was very keen!

I'm usually really careful with my knives but...

I was at work, trying to fix an end cap and a large sign weighing about 20lbs or so fell from about 10ft and hit me on the head. Went to the hospital to make sure I was ok. (didn't want to but my DM made me) nothing major just a bump and a cut.
IMG_0480.jpg

I get back and I think I'm ok but for some strange reason I decide to take out my knife, a crappy Enlan, and cut off my hospital bracelet while walking..... Needless to say that was stupid (I blame the bump on my head)

IMG_1194.jpg

Had to go back to the hospital (again wrok related). Got blood all over the floor and can't feel a large chunk of my palm.

In 2011 I received stitches after vivisecting a cardboard box with a Military, and later that year got more stitches after killing a cereal box with a CQC-7. Several weeks ago I stabbed myself with a closed Umnumzaan while sitting in church, which is not easy to do, when I reached in my pocket and some of my finger flesh extruded down between the scales enough to hit the tip of the unopened blade. That takes talent.

finger2.jpg

CQC-7.

In 2011 I received stitches after vivisecting a cardboard box with a Military, and later that year got more stitches after killing a cereal box with a CQC-7. Several weeks ago I stabbed myself with a closed Umnumzaan while sitting in church, which is not easy to do, when I reached in my pocket and some of my finger flesh extruded down between the scales enough to hit the tip of the unopened blade. That takes talent.

finger2.jpg

CQC-7.

I think you may want to pick a new hobby lol

I have sliced a little chunk out of the end of my left thumb on 2 occasions, and my left index finger with a razor blade cutting rubber hose. First with an s30v blur and second with a para2. I was cleaning the para2 blade right after i got done sharpening it on the ultra fine stone. I didn't feel it at all, just lots of blood.

While trying to cut the ziptie off of my GF's Spyderco Cat, I cut myself with my Spyderco Sage 2 and her Cat simultaneously. My thumb and index were not happy with me.

Back