1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What knife cut you the worst?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Inkbender, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Elgreco

Elgreco

Mar 25, 2012
    Complacency is usually what gets us in trouble.

2. Took

Took

Jan 23, 2013
    Been cut by most of my blades. Wife gives me a hard time about not messing with anything sharp unless she's her. Recently I was cleaning a little Case my Pop's gifted me. Was cleaning the blade right through the cleaning cloth, flesh and direct connect with index finger bone!!!

3. MajorLonghorn

MajorLonghorn

Jul 6, 2012
    Serrated blades are the worst.

4. Jarhead90

Jarhead90

Mar 2, 2006
    My serrated Xl Voyager closed on my index finger. Not to the bone or anything it just bled a lot.

5. Inkbender

Inkbender

Feb 8, 2012
    Haha I took back a Spyderco Ulize because while one hand closing, that damn thing swung close on me like a guillotine three times in the first night. Great knife, but the blade heft/length + lack of choil + lockback seemed to be the culprit.

Holy moly you guys have some wild stories! Glad to be amongst you :D

Yeah neffarious, I was wondering the same thing when I saw the pic of your leg... gotta hear this one! Haha

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  6. Inkbender

Inkbender

Feb 8, 2012
    Back when I got my Izula, I was so amped on it. Didn't want to put the thing down.
    So I found myself at a friend's late one night (or early one morning) making quesadillas in the kitchen after a night of hitting the sauce pretty good. Instead of setting down the blade on the counter like a normal person and walking the plates of food out, I dropped it into my pocket unsheathed, tip up.

Why oh why?

Forgot about it and when I later went to reach into my pocket for something, well... white light white heat. Haha.
    Luckily it only dug a hole in my thumb and didn't get past that. Hammered and bleeding, trying to stop the hole from opening with super glue...
    ::le sigh::

7. allyourblood

allyourblood

Sep 3, 2003

Ah, the ever-elusive dual wield cut. Nicely done! ;)

8. glubse

glubse

Aug 21, 2011
    haha, every Izula owner I know has cut himself at least once with it. It's probably because we always have to play with it.

My worst cut came from a kukri and I have to give credit to my own stupidity. When I first unsheated it I underestimated the blade length, dropped my arm to get a feeling for the weight and slashed my right calf, now I have a 3 inch scar.

9. Inkbender

Inkbender

Feb 8, 2012
    ^ Haha right? Reading that, I was thinking back to multiple close calls unwaving a few Spyders :eek:

Speaking of close calls, I was training with a Swamp Rat Rodent Rucki one night. On one of the passes, I felt the hair on my head get swiped. Ground was too dark to look for strands... anyhow that was the end of that session.

10. RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm

Feb 29, 2012
    I haven't cut myself in years with a knife, but the last time was by a small stainless buck lock back cutting some string while getting ready to open the pool up for the summer, some how cut my index finger to the bone.

11. Zookie

Zookie

Jan 26, 2012
    A chisel ground CQC8 cut me damn good.

12. Picksmith

Picksmith

Sep 4, 2009
    Endura bit me good last May. Went to wipe my blood off the knife after I got some gauze on my finger, the snap wasn't crisp, and sure enough there was a whisp of pocket fuzz preventing it from fully engaging. The most unfortunate part is that I really like the knife, spent an eternity convexing the edge like that, just finished honing and cleaning it not 48 hours before, and cannot see how I could have reasonably prevented the accident. Now I carry a Para 2.

[​IMG]

13. C_Becker

C_Becker

Oct 7, 2012
    I hear ya, those f***ers are nasty as hell, heals pretty bad too

14. theizzardking

theizzardking

Dec 29, 2012
    kershaw mini-skinner, doctor used the words "partial amputation", i was sharpening a stick in camp, it was getting dark, my wife was going on about something and i hit a knot in the wood, blood all over the place, bled for a week straight till i finally went to the doctor and they plugged the wound. still one of my favorite knives though and learned about this wired stuff called gelfoam by pfizer...good stuff too! never cut myself that bad before, guess that'll teach me for being an idiot!

15. smeecogg

smeecogg

Oct 17, 2012
    My brother in law, Slicey, just cut himself today pretty good, solid blood trail. Slicing gasket with a Native 5

16. Cynic2701

Cynic2701

Mar 31, 2009
    Cut myself within the first few days of getting a CRK Professional Soldier by being unfamiliar with the sheath:

17. UK_CATS_FAN

UK_CATS_FAN

Mar 10, 2008
    Izula, while making a kydex sheath. Didnt tape the edge=7 stitches.

18. solidorange

solidorange

Aug 30, 2011
    Kershaw Zing got me the worst. I popped it through a zip tie and the tip went directly into the palm of my free hand just below the bottom knuckle. If it hadn't hit bone, it probably would have gone all the way through. My entire finger was bruised to the top within an hour, and it took that puncture wound took FOREVER to heal. :eek:

19. neffarious

neffarious Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Yea but the m390 version. Like this:

[​IMG]

I was cutting a zip tie then slipped. I have some amnesia after that. Next thing I remember is the knife oh the floor and lots of blood. Called 911. Argued with them floor a bit. Called back when I got disconnected. Nicked posterior tibial artery, fist sized hematona, and surgery later that's what you see. It was only blade deep to begin with. After the hematona it was 8 inches deep.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  20. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Stanley utility knife, that knife has probably caused more injures then all others.

Chuck