What knife cut you the worst?

Been cut by most of my blades. Wife gives me a hard time about not messing with anything sharp unless she's her. Recently I was cleaning a little Case my Pop's gifted me. Was cleaning the blade right through the cleaning cloth, flesh and direct connect with index finger bone!!!

Haha I took back a Spyderco Ulize because while one hand closing, that damn thing swung close on me like a guillotine three times in the first night. Great knife, but the blade heft/length + lack of choil + lockback seemed to be the culprit.

Holy moly you guys have some wild stories! Glad to be amongst you :D

Sweet Jesus! :eek:

You mean a Barrage like this??

585-2.jpg

Yeah neffarious, I was wondering the same thing when I saw the pic of your leg... gotta hear this one! Haha

Last edited:
Back when I got my Izula, I was so amped on it. Didn't want to put the thing down.
So I found myself at a friend's late one night (or early one morning) making quesadillas in the kitchen after a night of hitting the sauce pretty good. Instead of setting down the blade on the counter like a normal person and walking the plates of food out, I dropped it into my pocket unsheathed, tip up.

Why oh why?

Forgot about it and when I later went to reach into my pocket for something, well... white light white heat. Haha.
Luckily it only dug a hole in my thumb and didn't get past that. Hammered and bleeding, trying to stop the hole from opening with super glue...
::le sigh::

Back when I got my Izula, I was so amped on it. Didn't want to put the thing down.
So I found myself at a friend's late one night (or early one morning) making quesadillas in the kitchen after a night of hitting the sauce pretty good. Instead of setting down the blade on the counter like a normal person and walking the plates of food out, I dropped it into my pocket unsheathed, tip up.

Why oh why?

Forgot about it and when I later went to reach into my pocket for something, well... white light white heat. Haha.
Luckily it only dug a hole in my thumb and didn't get past that. Hammered and bleeding, trying to stop the hole from opening with super glue...
::le sigh::

haha, every Izula owner I know has cut himself at least once with it. It's probably because we always have to play with it.

My worst cut came from a kukri and I have to give credit to my own stupidity. When I first unsheated it I underestimated the blade length, dropped my arm to get a feeling for the weight and slashed my right calf, now I have a 3 inch scar.

Ah, the ever-elusive dual wield cut. Nicely done! ;)

^ Haha right? Reading that, I was thinking back to multiple close calls unwaving a few Spyders :eek:

Speaking of close calls, I was training with a Swamp Rat Rodent Rucki one night. On one of the passes, I felt the hair on my head get swiped. Ground was too dark to look for strands... anyhow that was the end of that session.

I haven't cut myself in years with a knife, but the last time was by a small stainless buck lock back cutting some string while getting ready to open the pool up for the summer, some how cut my index finger to the bone.

Endura bit me good last May. Went to wipe my blood off the knife after I got some gauze on my finger, the snap wasn't crisp, and sure enough there was a whisp of pocket fuzz preventing it from fully engaging. The most unfortunate part is that I really like the knife, spent an eternity convexing the edge like that, just finished honing and cleaning it not 48 hours before, and cannot see how I could have reasonably prevented the accident. Now I carry a Para 2.

IMG_2962.jpg

kershaw mini-skinner, doctor used the words "partial amputation", i was sharpening a stick in camp, it was getting dark, my wife was going on about something and i hit a knot in the wood, blood all over the place, bled for a week straight till i finally went to the doctor and they plugged the wound. still one of my favorite knives though and learned about this wired stuff called gelfoam by pfizer...good stuff too! never cut myself that bad before, guess that'll teach me for being an idiot!

My brother in law, Slicey, just cut himself today pretty good, solid blood trail. Slicing gasket with a Native 5

Cut myself within the first few days of getting a CRK Professional Soldier by being unfamiliar with the sheath:

Not too long ago I managed to cut myself with my newest knife, a CRK Professional Soldier. Guess I'll have to keep her now.

I managed to run out of paper towels in the kitchen shortly before cutting myself. I had to use a coffee cup so I didn't drip blood on the carpet when I ran to grab another roll:

2012-08-10_21-21-42_935.jpg

2012-08-10_21-22-19_762.jpg

It doesn't look too bad afterwards, but man did that bleed everywhere--it even sprayed a bit on the wall!

2012-08-10_21-27-32_934.jpg

And yes, the first thing I thought of when I realized it wasn't hospital-worthy was that I should take pictures to post up on BF...

Kershaw Zing got me the worst. I popped it through a zip tie and the tip went directly into the palm of my free hand just below the bottom knuckle. If it hadn't hit bone, it probably would have gone all the way through. My entire finger was bruised to the top within an hour, and it took that puncture wound took FOREVER to heal. :eek:

Sweet Jesus! :eek:

You mean a Barrage like this??

Yea but the m390 version. Like this:

85100.jpg

I was cutting a zip tie then slipped. I have some amnesia after that. Next thing I remember is the knife oh the floor and lots of blood. Called 911. Argued with them floor a bit. Called back when I got disconnected. Nicked posterior tibial artery, fist sized hematona, and surgery later that's what you see. It was only blade deep to begin with. After the hematona it was 8 inches deep.

Last edited:
Stanley utility knife, that knife has probably caused more injures then all others.

Chuck

Back