What knife would you like to see with MagnaCut blade steel?

BangBang77

Basic Member
I would like to see it in a PM2, Para 3, and the Manix 2.

It also wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them drag up a Peter Herbst C53PS with Magnacut. The aluminum version I had with ATS-55 was my first Spyderco and has always been one of my favorites, steel not withstanding. Lost it a few years ago and constantly keep my eye out for another one.

jstn

Gold Member
I'd like to see it on a Caribbean. It's my favorite knife for everyday carry, but LC200N edge retention is bleh. Since blade corrosion resistance is less important than hardware and liner corrosion resistance, I think Magnacut would work well. Or even S110v or M390. Those are all high corrosion resistance steels with better edge performance than LC200N.
I’d love to see it in the Caribbean too. I actually love the LC200N version since it’s so tough and easy to sharpen, but Magnacut would be a nice option for better edge performance. Larrin’s tests show it to be extremely corrosion resistant, possibly exceeding M390. You would really have to try to rust it so it would be great in that model. I have to say, the Caribbean might be one of Spyderco’s most underrated models. The texturing of the g10 provides amazing traction in hand.

I would love to see some real life testing of this new great steel, can't wait for it to get out there to the masses!

Spoiler:

on the Spyderco forum Sal stated:

"As far as introduction with Spyderco, I'd druther begin with a bunch of Mule Teams so we can get them out to ELU's. (...) It will be Eric's call on models. We did order quite a bit of steel. For me, I think a Para 2 or 3 and a Shaman."

So no surprises here ;)
Exactly what I was going to say!