What knife would you like to see with MagnaCut blade steel?

I would like to see it in a PM2, Para 3, and the Manix 2.

It also wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them drag up a Peter Herbst C53PS with Magnacut. The aluminum version I had with ATS-55 was my first Spyderco and has always been one of my favorites, steel not withstanding. Lost it a few years ago and constantly keep my eye out for another one.

I'd like to see it on a Caribbean. It's my favorite knife for everyday carry, but LC200N edge retention is bleh. Since blade corrosion resistance is less important than hardware and liner corrosion resistance, I think Magnacut would work well. Or even S110v or M390. Those are all high corrosion resistance steels with better edge performance than LC200N.
I’d love to see it in the Caribbean too. I actually love the LC200N version since it’s so tough and easy to sharpen, but Magnacut would be a nice option for better edge performance. Larrin’s tests show it to be extremely corrosion resistant, possibly exceeding M390. You would really have to try to rust it so it would be great in that model. I have to say, the Caribbean might be one of Spyderco’s most underrated models. The texturing of the g10 provides amazing traction in hand.

I would love to see some real life testing of this new great steel, can't wait for it to get out there to the masses!

GB1 or in a, at this time still non-existent, 3.5 in Native (Lil Chief).

Spoiler:

on the Spyderco forum Sal stated:

"As far as introduction with Spyderco, I'd druther begin with a bunch of Mule Teams so we can get them out to ELU's. (...) It will be Eric's call on models. We did order quite a bit of steel. For me, I think a Para 2 or 3 and a Shaman."

So no surprises here ;)
Exactly what I was going to say!

I went through all 5 pages of this thread. Someone said that every knife has been suggested. But we missed the most logical knife for this steel. Considering how well MagnaCut tested in 1% and 3.5% salt tests,the most logical knife in this steel is the neck knife! That Swick 5 that I ordered almost a year ago in LC200N, and still hasn't been made? Let's get that out in MagnaCut!! Even better, let Spyderco come up with a blade shape to rival Cold Steel's Mini Tac Bowie-shaped neck knife (which I wear every day)! Coolness factor, great ergos and superior functionality have made this model my go-to knife. (And it's only $18!!) But Cold Steel isn't going to upgrade the Mini Tac's steel. So Spyderco! How about a 3.6" bowie-bladed ARK with recessed finger grooves? Take over Cold Steel's market in the neck knife niche! That cheap 8-series steel is all sweat/rust marked!
opplanet-cold-steel-mini-tac-bowie-6-7-8in-fixed-blade-knife-black-silver-49hcf-24-kn-mntbw-49h-main-1.jpg
Just look at this design, you can stab and not cut your fingers on the blade, food prep, open packages...I'll bet I can skin something with it!! (Folts Minimalist-ish shaped)Soft peel ply handle that hasn't become slippery even once, positive retention sheath... It's the perfect full-time companion, always there, always ready. Spyderco, ARKitize it, PLEASE!

I want the original full-size lockback Manix (Not the crappy Manix 2), Military, or Paramilitary 2.

I need a Military, PM2, Para 3, Shaman, and Police 4 LW in Magnacut. 63 HRC Magnacut holds and edge and sharpens a lot like K390… except stainless

I need a Military, PM2, Para 3, Shaman, and Police 4 LW in Magnacut. 63 HRC Magnacut holds and edge and sharpens a lot like K390… except stainless
Comparing Magnacut to K390 is a bit of a stretch. K390 should have considerably better edge holding properties.

RockJumper
and
Mini Manix

I love the RockJumper. It's a Wharncliffe. There is no choil to force an uncomfortable grip. It thumb-flicks better for me than any other Spyderco lock-back besides the Dragonfly. It's no coincidence that this and the Wharncliffe Dragonfly see a lot of carry time for me. I don't hate VG-10 but I'd love to see either in MagnaCut.

Since I already have a MagnaCut Mule, it really doesn't matter to me but I would like to actually SEE -- live and in person -- the yellow FRN MagnCut Native 5 Salt pictured on page 71 of the 2022 Spyderco Product Guide.

Back