What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Home today... let's see if I can get a little reading done...
9hutlk.jpg

Carrying a Case Mini Trapper today, shown here in a fencepost photo a la Jack Black. :D

47D23199-8B28-4D36-8381-4B6579675988.jpg

Gorgeous bone, Barrett!

Vintage Bottle Caps and Marbles

32200019173_f3bd4c81d8_b.jpg

Nice, Gev! :thumbup: Oh, and those knife thingies are pretty cool, too! (especially Mark's masterpiece)

I've carried my favorite for the last two days.

And as a point of interest, I came across this Osage Orange tree yesterday. I talked to a wood worker while at this tree; he mentioned how hard the wood is and difficult to work.

Brett, nice looking fixed blade... it reminds me of a Humphrey Brute de Forge, but--though I'm not certain--made of thinner stock. Can you tell a little more about it? Very nice.

Brett, nice looking fixed blade... it reminds me of a Humphrey Brute de Forge, but--though I'm not certain--made of thinner stock. Can you tell a little more about it? Very nice.

Appreciate that my friend. It is the first knife I bought off the exchange and the one that kept me hanging around.

Forged from 3/32 52100 steel
Stabilized ash burl handle
Overall length: 7 3/8 inches
Blade: 3 1/2 inches
Twisted Lanyard

^ You really picked out some good ones Chin! That stag looks great :thumbup:

Cheers Jack. If the ones I handpicked are representative of Wright's recent output, this bodes well for them, I think. The C70 carbon bladesteel takes a good keen edge, and dabbing a tiny amount of 1 micron diamond lapping paste with a syringe into some of the action areas and working it open and closed a few times, smoothed out the feel of the walk 'n' talk nicely.

I'm very happy with them. The ebony Lambsfoot is with me today.

Nice TC.

Osage is easier to work with when it is first cut or you have good sharp tools.

Dave
Gorgeous bone, Barrett!

Nice, Gev! :thumbup: Oh, and those knife thingies are pretty cool, too! (especially Mark's masterpiece)

And as a point of interest, I came across this Osage Orange tree yesterday. I talked to a wood worker while at this tree; he mentioned how hard the wood is and difficult to work.

I've carried my favorite for the last two days.

A piece of Candy, Dean! I see why it deserves your pocket :D and affection. A venerable old tree and thanks for the look.

A fine pair indeed!

G.L. Drew Lightweight & Northfield 73

I always enjoy seeing your Drew, Brett. A fine edc for certain. I love its old world look.

Harry

Where is Harry today ?

Appreciate that my friend. It is the first knife I bought off the exchange and the one that kept me hanging around.

Forged from 3/32 52100 steel
Stabilized ash burl handle
Overall length: 7 3/8 inches
Blade: 3 1/2 inches
Twisted Lanyard

Thanks my friend... indeed it is a sweet knife. Just the perfect size to make daily cutting tasks little pleasures!

The knife is nice, but please tell me about the hat!

SVTFreak and freekboi, thanks! The hat is a Dorfman Pacific, waxed cotton and though it came a little weathered, I have worn it on every hike, in every rainstorm, it has been to the mountains and high desert, and has held up great. It also still smells a little like 60 pounds of roast pork:

290xahw.jpg

As if the Indiana Jones hat isn't cool enough it smells like pork!!! Your livin the life my friend![emoji16][emoji1303]

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back