1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Me too! :confused: :)

Hey Stuart - yes, bocote, the size on this is perfect for me, fantastic ergonomics as well. It took maybe 5 minutes to address the gritty closing on it, pretty smooth now. Very sharp and thin behind the edge.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Duckdog likes this.
  2. strokednbored

strokednbored

Aug 8, 2015
    Cutting some foam for the new dirt bike battery and other general maintenance.

[​IMG]

Whetstone39, Half/Stop and Duckdog like this.
  3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Beautiful bocote buster, Tom, and Ron, that's a very handsome pair!

Whetstone39 and Half/Stop like this.
  4. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    For the last several weeks I've been alternating between these two.
    Buck Creek half congress in stainless and stag:
    [​IMG]
    Gerber Silver Knight in Gingami 1 stainless treated to 58-59HRC, and resin impregnated wood.
    [​IMG]

The Gerber is much the better knife, but the Buck Creek is still fun to carry.

5. HeathH

HeathH Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    20171125_140704.jpg Putting up Christmas lights with the kids this morning.... turns out, our inflatable Rudolph lost all his stakes over the summer. The Pioneer helped me make 4 very passable replacements, much to the amazement of the kids!

6. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    You know you gotta have one ;) Come and see us in the Lambsfoot thread my friend :) :D :thumbsup:

Nice Sodbuster Tom :) Goes well with your Beer Scout :thumbsup:

Lovely stuff Ron :) :thumbsup:

Half/Stop and Cutfinger like this.
  7. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend!
    A recycled ♼ pic of what's along for the ride today.
    [​IMG]

8. Rsmith_77

Rsmith_77

Jun 4, 2010
    oh i already done did

9. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    High 30's and sunny, a nice November day:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Duckdog, Jak3 and 14 others like this.
  10. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Sweet, sweet smooth bone, Paul!

11. Nixelplix

Nixelplix

Mar 26, 2003
    I won this beautiful knife a few years back in a give away by @black mamba

Thanks again Jeff! I'm always looking forward to your posts on this forum. Enjoy retirement!

[​IMG]

12. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Congrats Jeff! Looking forward to seeing pictures of that big buck.

13. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    I never tire of seeing that pinched peanut. A real beauty. It holds its own against all that awesomeness next to it.

Nixelplix and Peregrin like this.
  14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Incredible grain on your bocote, Travman!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dazzling duo, Ron, and a great Black Friday idea!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sounds like fun, SVT! Your 72 looks great with that braided leather lanyard! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Those Thanksgiving traditions are actually outside my experience! :D
    I'm honored that I have that fine scrimshaw to admire every day! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

That's a notable pair of GEC classics, Jak3! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Guardian Lambsfoot has a lot of things going for it, I think!! ;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Somehow, we ended up with a leftover 12" diameter pumpkin pie, and I agree with your assessment, Tom! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: (I've been eating mine with a little Hershey's Dark Chocolate Syrup and ReddiWip on it! :p)

Looks like you've got the "keys to the kingdom" there, Clay. ;) Props to you for taking over for the guy so he could be with family!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

:D:D

They don't call that stuff "spirits" for nothing, FBC; pretty scary! :eek::rolleyes:
    Pretty impressive "instant patina"; I've been carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot constantly, but haven't actually used it yet! :confused::thumbsdown:

Thanks for the knife compliments, Will. :) And thanks for the geography remarks; I think I've never been north of 47 degrees!

Thanks for showing that off, Charlie! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I think it's especially fascinating to see what guys who have so much knife goodness to choose from actually carry (and I wonder how they decide).

Hey, when did you polish up your blade, or am I thinking of another TC you have (had)??

Looking good, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Is your knee rehab at the stage where you can help the driver unload, or are you still "supervisor only"?

Great shot of the massive "feathering" on your Guardians Lambsfoot, r8shell! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the retirement, Jeff; sounds like you've definitely earned it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Do you have a special knife to commemorate the occasion? I'll be "done" August 31, and want to get a "special" knife to mark the end of my career. ;)

I think those are four fantastic folders, even though there's nothing exotic!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good stag looks fabulous whether in small doses like on Harry's knives or in huge servings like Falling_rain's!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hope you had a good hike, Jack! :thumbsup: I'm always pleased to see the Abbeydale Jack make an appearance! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Travman, Jack Black, tmd_87 and 4 others like this.
  15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jeff. :)

Thanks Jack. :)

Thanks Gary.:)

Jack Black likes this.
  16. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    GT, I splurged and bought myself an elk #74 Mustang off the exchange last week. Paid about 50% over the original retail, but still worth it for a special knife on a special occasion. I just love GEC's 440C knives.

17. nickadolin

nickadolin

Feb 19, 2012
    This bright Orange Peel trapper to brighten up these grey November days.... Case got this one right....

[​IMG]

Duckdog and paulhilborn like this.
  18. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    "Looking good, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Is your knee rehab at the stage where you can help the driver unload, or are you still "supervisor only"? "

Thanks Gary, knee isn't responding as it should so another follow up appt Monday. Still able to work with a bit of pain but I have this really cool John Wayne swagger:cool:;):D

Duckdog, Jack Black and Cutfinger like this.
  19. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Callimus 67 Stockman and a Yellow Case CV PEANUT!

Duckdog likes this.
  20. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    That is a neat looking sodbuster. How do you like it?