What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Pretty nice, Tom! I'm shocked you're not carrying a fixed blade today! :D;)

Me too! :confused: :)

Whetstone39 Whetstone39 Tom, is your Plow in bocote? Very nice excuse for letting your fixed blades rest for the day.
- Stuart

Hey Stuart - yes, bocote, the size on this is perfect for me, fantastic ergonomics as well. It took maybe 5 minutes to address the gritty closing on it, pretty smooth now. Very sharp and thin behind the edge.

Last edited:
Cutting some foam for the new dirt bike battery and other general maintenance.

uByNk76mMorUflvohQMue4cZpiORIfro7_kojX-MvLs0m4eFZGMnN8Gy3ZXD5ocAotLa78h9T3tEJP3IKKiv8v6sjApHWYFidoN53fQHFtMhukObbSuTcMcPGPnS_Q-wyiHcIkOYMgOUlLdDg1wFG75KZESp7M3nBBFEeqQtcrp7GLJ28DxsZ-ljbdGvNmA1m5wvkvwjX_NKHIKi9FsDpWRSaZmyrLyzNm-QvEK7qa0upPLHFyLDUzMBWKpFleA_jk9_mpcA4cUIG2MUVTznY5hwjGfMFp4Z0JJUA1J9zXoClgZICAf0ZxZmqvtaRj-EOq2Mj-neV7KJOC1sM_Y3wZBsBABcyNDmzinwu_43f3sT6uB_0xHDdKqx8dAG7zfiLLXZQZkmaHwvZFCln7rvP4X78qCq1ylfG2SaDhPGwlt4GIkGLYUkQ_9U6I5JLCNEkr-ZA_0MmFybUqh5p37yZKAJNdvuXF9l4cGRuuzsF3MkqnrO1iXXmh7IOR0ThuSkO8GyI4cnjV9OxPS53n3cJNSWb6yGmpiNnHktzYnvoy0MgEjrksV1dxWn9QL56GH4O_SOH4Fhxh4zcBwqhrQaguzb9JzWuA15cfISmGHNGA=w862-h646-no

For the last several weeks I've been alternating between these two.
Buck Creek half congress in stainless and stag:
Jt1VhtR.jpg

Gerber Silver Knight in Gingami 1 stainless treated to 58-59HRC, and resin impregnated wood.
2WHdUqY.jpg

The Gerber is much the better knife, but the Buck Creek is still fun to carry.

also ive notice an explosion of lambsfoot knives since i left
might, just might have to try one of those out...im leery of buying a nice one since i am not sure how edc'ing a lambsfoot will work for me
but i am intrigued

You know you gotta have one ;) Come and see us in the Lambsfoot thread my friend :) :D :thumbsup:

Nice Sodbuster Tom :) Goes well with your Beer Scout :thumbsup:

These two for me today. Hope y'all have a good day! :D
26862644349_d1ae37c257_b.jpg

Lovely stuff Ron :) :thumbsup:

Incredible grain on your bocote, Travman!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

These seem appropriate for Black Friday! :eek::D
37730765725_81c09a9f57_b_d.jpg
Dazzling duo, Ron, and a great Black Friday idea!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Got these two to help haul down decorations and put them up. I love this time with my wife and kiddos.

View attachment 802761
Sounds like fun, SVT! Your 72 looks great with that braided leather lanyard! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Yes! Math games, and vodka martinis, and taking turns reading aloud the stories of H.P.Lovecraft.

That's how everyone celebrates Thanksgiving, right? :p

View attachment 802767

I'm still honored that the little scrimshaw knife is among the pantheon of your every day carries, GT!
:thumbsup:
Those Thanksgiving traditions are actually outside my experience! :D
I'm honored that I have that fine scrimshaw to admire every day! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

That's a notable pair of GEC classics, Jak3! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

LOL! Thanks my friend! :D :thumbsup: Wow, high praise for the Lambsfoot my friend :) :thumbsup:
My Guardian Lambsfoot has a lot of things going for it, I think!! ;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some leftovers are better than others :).

Somehow, we ended up with a leftover 12" diameter pumpkin pie, and I agree with your assessment, Tom! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: (I've been eating mine with a little Hershey's Dark Chocolate Syrup and ReddiWip on it! :p)

New guy got stuck working today. I figured I go in and let him off early to spend some time with his family. Guessing me and the 303 can handle this...
View attachment 802853
Looks like you've got the "keys to the kingdom" there, Clay. ;) Props to you for taking over for the guy so he could be with family!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Your job looks like mine on nights, weekends and holidays. If so, man, I feel ya. It takes a lot of years of experience to make it look that easy!
:D:D

Thanks, guys. I would have answered yesterday but somebody doubled all the letters on my keyboard while I was off pouring myself another drink! :eek::D
Gary, that patina is from one big juicy steak.... Now I want steak again. :D
They don't call that stuff "spirits" for nothing, FBC; pretty scary! :eek::rolleyes:
Pretty impressive "instant patina"; I've been carrying my Guardians Lambsfoot constantly, but haven't actually used it yet! :confused::thumbsdown:

GT Nice CASE Chestnut and a Rat-Tail Lambfoot you show today.

Actually, the latitude where I live is 63 but I got a puukko from a supermarket the other day that is made in a place called Kolari (means accident....) and that's on 67 degrees....Mind you, Utsjoki in the far, far north is nearly 70 degrees!!!:eek::eek::eek::D I have no interest in going there;)...
Thanks for the knife compliments, Will. :) And thanks for the geography remarks; I think I've never been north of 47 degrees!

I hardly ever post here, but enjoy lurking and seeing what people are carrying and doing whilst carrying!!
I must contribute, to be fair;
A 3 1/2" <D-E> serpentine jack, made by Schrade Cut Co in the 30s most likely, has been in my pocket for about a month. Hasn't needed a strop until today.
And a little silver for luck, thanks to Paul Hilborn!!
View attachment 802945
Thanks for showing that off, Charlie! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I think it's especially fascinating to see what guys who have so much knife goodness to choose from actually carry (and I wonder how they decide).

UtvWjEA.jpg

Putting up Christmas lights!
Hey, when did you polish up your blade, or am I thinking of another TC you have (had)??

Like Clay, I'm flying solo at work. Closed an hour ago but I'm waiting for the truck driver to bring us 19pc's of assorted sofa's, loveseats, recliners, dining room sets etc... Then headed home. My carry is similar to Charlies albeit not the vintage cutter today...
mYbDif.jpg

Enjoy the weekend everyone:thumbsup:
Looking good, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Is your knee rehab at the stage where you can help the driver unload, or are you still "supervisor only"?

Great shot of the massive "feathering" on your Guardians Lambsfoot, r8shell! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I retired today, my last day of work, and the wife and I are going out to a nice steak house for dinner to celebrate.
I grabbed the little Hornet to accompany me.

IjcSDDL.jpg
Thanks, everyone, you're all too kind! I turned 62 earlier this year, and worked 45-70 hours a week for most of my adult life. I'm whipped! I'm still strong enough to do a pretty physical job, but I just have so much pain that it isn't worth it any longer. Lots of arthritis, 3 bad disks in my neck/shoulder area, a torn meniscus, etc. We had a lovely couple of ribeyes at a newish chop house in town, after they threw me a little bash at work, with a nice jelly filled sheet cake iced with "Good Luck Jeff." A very pleasant day, indeed. Now it's a life of leisure and "honey dos," at least for a while. I'll probably get back to hafting some fixed blades, and buying and selling more knives now that I have the time. First up is the second half of deer season in Illinois next weekend, then a nice rest.
Congrats on the retirement, Jeff; sounds like you've definitely earned it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Do you have a special knife to commemorate the occasion? I'll be "done" August 31, and want to get a "special" knife to mark the end of my career. ;)

An assortment of blades and good coffee. A good way to start the day.
xv6bT1b.jpg
I think those are four fantastic folders, even though there's nothing exotic!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just got back from a Granddaughter's engagement party down in North Chicago area and it is too late to get some newer pictures of these Little Guys . I do not mind having these little jewels in my pockets at all . I like them both a lot . Great little knives with decent Stag .

Harry
Stag indeed is the perfect carry for Saturday.

Good stag looks fabulous whether in small doses like on Harry's knives or in huge servings like Falling_rain's!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

After 10 weeks, my sciatica has finally eased up, so I'm off for a hobble on Ilkley Moor today. Cold weather here, so I'll definitely have my hat! Along with these two ;) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Ilkla_Moor_Baht_'at
Hope you had a good hike, Jack! :thumbsup: I'm always pleased to see the Abbeydale Jack make an appearance! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

GT, I splurged and bought myself an elk #74 Mustang off the exchange last week. Paid about 50% over the original retail, but still worth it for a special knife on a special occasion. I just love GEC's 440C knives.

"Looking good, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Is your knee rehab at the stage where you can help the driver unload, or are you still "supervisor only"? "

Thanks Gary, knee isn't responding as it should so another follow up appt Monday. Still able to work with a bit of pain but I have this really cool John Wayne swagger:cool:;):D

Back