1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Atiger

Atiger Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 7, 2016
    This old Southington barlow today...

[​IMG]

JJ Cahill, Duckdog, A.L. and 19 others like this.
  2. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Carrying this well used Utica cattleman today.

[​IMG]

3. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    Back at work gettin high with my ever present 303.
    C55A7416-1942-4CF5-BF9C-A6D4A2106146.jpeg

4. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Nice knives and pics today, folks!
    A new Dozier Arkansas Made for the holidays. It's pretty small at 5 3/8" with a 2 1/4" D2 blade. Nice 3 finger grip though. I wasn't sure I'd like the Blue Maple Burl but it's growing on me. I think these two will pretty much handle any task I come across in my daily travels.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

glennbad, Duckdog, Pomsbz and 13 others like this.
  5. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    D1530A5B-A632-40BD-A6EB-B4E43382F771.jpeg The Craftsman Stockman (Camillus?) and Cam TL 29 are inspecting the Kishwaukee River.
    Might have to go home and grab a rod and see about some late season smallmouths!

6. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you for the compliments, fellas! @donn, hard to beat a nice pipe, especially when accompanied by a campfire and a dram of something to warm the belly.

Harry, that stag is exquisite. You just might convert me yet...

Gorgeous red bone on that TC! I love how the simple spear pairs so nicely with the richly hued bone, a striking picture!

Best of luck on the Bay, Stuart! Looks like you are going well prepared, I hope that filet knife gets a lot of use.

I would have to agree, a striking pair indeed. They have the appearance of being well loved.

I have these two with me today alongside yet another friend. Fall/Winter makes for the best time when it comes to pipe smoking.

[​IMG]

MBeckett, A.L., Pomsbz and 17 others like this.
  7. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Ivory and Unicorn.
    image.jpeg

Duckdog, A.L., Ratbert and 14 others like this.
  8. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Starting to develop a natural brass patina. There is still some coating here and there that I need to remove.
    [​IMG]

Duckdog, Nixelplix, Travman and 2 others like this.
  9. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I know they call it the Farm& Field Bullnose, but it really shines in the kitchen, doesn’t it?

10. Peregrin

Sep 2, 2004
    Love that lock back, Alan. The older Northwoods were some nice knives. The new ones keep up that tradition too.

11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Thanks Gary. I always wanted one ivory knife but most are too rich for me, so this little one was just perfect. I have one other older Northwoods, the stag canoe which is top notch aslso.

12. Jerry D.

Jerry D. Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 17, 2008
    [​IMG]

[Edit] I just noticed that you can see the patina developing on the main blade in this shot. I love carbon steel.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  13. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Great pairing Gary, the Dozier looks like a slicer :thumbsup:

LT Wright Patriot and a copper farmer for me today.

[​IMG]

Duckdog, ecallahan, Pomsbz and 12 others like this.
  14. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I love the look of that Patriot, Tom. It appears to be a handy little knife. What sort of wood are the covers?

15. Peregrin

Sep 2, 2004
    Thanks, Tom. Your Patriot and Farmer make for a nice carry too.

16. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Hey Dylan - they were listed as “dark maple”, they have a bit of a burl to them which is more evident near the top of the tang. Afraid I haven’t captured that very well. It is a 3 finger knife, but I can almost make it a 4 finger by choking up a little.

Thanks Gary!

17. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    What I often carry on Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

18. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks, Dylan. I pulled them out of the box to carry this week, and found some rather deep pits in the blades on the little gunstock. After some wiping down with oil, they're good to go. I'm afraid they were well loved, then neglected, now loved again. 20171129_141202-1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  19. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014

20. oldtymer

oldtymer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Really liking this one since I got it
    20171018_164352.jpg