What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This old Southington barlow today...

fgsjEIq.jpg

Nice knives and pics today, folks!
A new Dozier Arkansas Made for the holidays. It's pretty small at 5 3/8" with a 2 1/4" D2 blade. Nice 3 finger grip though. I wasn't sure I'd like the Blue Maple Burl but it's growing on me. I think these two will pretty much handle any task I come across in my daily travels.
rYxrPyx.jpg

2UR8l3b.jpg

Pàdruig Pàdruig That's a fine and fiery looking briar with them purty knives, Dylan. Thanks for showing it.
- Stuart

Not at all Dylan, particularly with that fine-looking briar! :D Cool pic :thumbsup:

What a great shot :thumbsup: Never smoked but I've always liked the thought of a nice pipe....

Very cool (and wet ;)), Dylan!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you for the compliments, fellas! @donn, hard to beat a nice pipe, especially when accompanied by a campfire and a dram of something to warm the belly.

These today :

Harry

Harry, that stag is exquisite. You just might convert me yet...

I put this TC in my pocket this morning.

ruyL63J.jpg

Gorgeous red bone on that TC! I love how the simple spear pairs so nicely with the richly hued bone, a striking picture!

A buddy called me this afternoon: striped bass are biting on the Chesapeake Bay and he's getting his boat ready to head out tomorrow morning. I'm leaving tonight to join him, so this is what I'm carrying tomorrow.

K9St2Kj.jpg

Later.
- Stuart

Best of luck on the Bay, Stuart! Looks like you are going well prepared, I hope that filet knife gets a lot of use.

This pair seem made for each other:

View attachment 805577

I would have to agree, a striking pair indeed. They have the appearance of being well loved.

I have these two with me today alongside yet another friend. Fall/Winter makes for the best time when it comes to pipe smoking.

MXJQhtz.jpg

Thank you very much GT :) Yes, I'm not sure how widespread they are my friend, a Google search revealed lots of other versions, and they are clearly old from their language. More common here in the past I think, and possibly they were already on the decline when I was a boy. The only version I know, or have ever heard, is the one I learned from my headmaster! :D :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot and a Bullnose for me today :) :thumbsup:

I know they call it the Farm& Field Bullnose, but it really shines in the kitchen, doesn’t it?

Thanks Gary. I always wanted one ivory knife but most are too rich for me, so this little one was just perfect. I have one other older Northwoods, the stag canoe which is top notch aslso.

Nice knives and pics today, folks!
A new Dozier Arkansas Made for the holidays. It's pretty small at 5 3/8" with a 2 1/4" D2 blade. Nice 3 finger grip though. I wasn't sure I'd like the Blue Maple Burl but it's growing on me. I think these two will pretty much handle any task I come across in my daily travels.
rYxrPyx.jpg

2UR8l3b.jpg

Great pairing Gary, the Dozier looks like a slicer :thumbsup:

LT Wright Patriot and a copper farmer for me today.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/lx0yd02j9/][/URL]

Great pairing Gary, the Dozier looks like a slicer :thumbsup:

LT Wright Patriot and a copper farmer for me today.

I love the look of that Patriot, Tom. It appears to be a handy little knife. What sort of wood are the covers?

I love the look of that Patriot, Tom. It appears to be a handy little knife. What sort of wood are the covers?

Hey Dylan - they were listed as “dark maple”, they have a bit of a burl to them which is more evident near the top of the tang. Afraid I haven’t captured that very well. It is a 3 finger knife, but I can almost make it a 4 finger by choking up a little.

Thanks, Tom. Your Patriot and Farmer make for a nice carry too.

Thanks Gary!

I would have to agree, a striking pair indeed. They have the appearance of being well loved.
Thanks, Dylan. I pulled them out of the box to carry this week, and found some rather deep pits in the blades on the little gunstock. After some wiping down with oil, they're good to go. I'm afraid they were well loved, then neglected, now loved again.20171129_141202-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back