What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I’m Totin these two today! :)
38983234875_c2332863cf_b_d.jpg

Very nice Ron :) Black and er...Technicolor! :) :thumbsup:

A Wright seems to be well represented today.
JIk7Vr9.jpg

Oh yes :) :thumbsup:

Did you ever walk with the Clarion Ramblers?

Zieg

I didn't go on any Clarion rambles Zieg, but I may have walked with Clarion Ramblers at various rambles I have attended in the past, commemorating the 1932 Kinder Trespass for example. My maternal grandparents were Clarion Ramblers, and I have a collection of the Clarion Ramblers Year Books. I used to write for Climber & Rambler, and also met all the 'Kinder Martyrs' :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Clarion_Ramblers

http://www.kindertrespass.com/

Thanks for the comments, Jack. If Greg keeps whittling gifts for folks, we could put together quite a Frankencreature, starting with your lambsfoot at the bottom and my hatted head at the top! :p:thumbsup:
In my mind, I always think "Big Red" when I see that knife of yours; I think it's a name we had for a statuesque, auburn-haired, unattainable young lady frequently seen in the dining hall back in my college student days. ;):D:rolleyes:

LOL! :eek: :D "Big Red" sounds worth immortalising in an SFO GT! ;) :D :thumbsup:

- mmm, from what I can see, that looks a really nicely made blade.........different in finish and quality to others I've seen, is it because it's stainless.

Forgive me if I'm 'seeing things', but it does look good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't think it's stainless Paul :thumbsup:

I'm carrying my own ebony Lambsfoot today :) :thumbsup:

More Menefee week. From a group buy, the rounded edges make this a fine user.

menefeemicartazulu1.jpg

menefeemicartazulu2.jpg

menefeemicartazulu3.jpg
Very handsome. The red liners are the right color to show off the creamy colored micarta. Rounded edges are a nice to feel, but they also help show off the layers of micarta. It gives it a look almost like wood grain.

Just arrived. It's been stated elsewhere but the 78 run has had such amazing variety in the cover choices. I think I prefer my cocobolo but what do ya'll think?
View attachment 835455
It looks great. I love stag that looks like that.

Is that the one I saw on the exchange the other day? You sure make it look nice!

Fish Zulu for me.
View attachment 835454
This was the 26 on the exchange a few days ago. I do think it looks good in this outdoor slightly overcast lighting. One more...
A21EADA0-558A-46C0-8BE3-B3AAE674D5ED.jpeg

Last edited:
OxXia3e.jpg

Today's bundle of stuff: Dawson Mercury in Damascus with desert ironwood scales, Victorinox SD Classic with no scales and missing its file, and a Mosin Nagant sight tool for prying and opening bottle caps. The watch is a Breitling Aerospace from 1996. I just got the KSF City Sheath yesterday, soaked and molded it to the Dawson last night, gave it a light beeswax rub this morning, and slid some essentials into the card holder. It's a nice bit of work and I'm looking forward to giving it some pocket time.

The Dawson Mercury is a good little knife. Very bird-n-trout like. I enjoy swapping out the Buck 110 and Opinel N°10 for it every two weeks or so.

Zieg

Just arrived. It's been stated elsewhere but the 78 run has had such amazing variety in the cover choices. I think I prefer my cocobolo but what do ya'll think?
View attachment 835455
I'm not big on stag personally but I gotta admit, I do enjoy that one esp. without a shield.

Back