1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very nice Ron :) Black and er...Technicolor! :) :thumbsup:

Oh yes :) :thumbsup:

I didn't go on any Clarion rambles Zieg, but I may have walked with Clarion Ramblers at various rambles I have attended in the past, commemorating the 1932 Kinder Trespass for example. My maternal grandparents were Clarion Ramblers, and I have a collection of the Clarion Ramblers Year Books. I used to write for Climber & Rambler, and also met all the 'Kinder Martyrs' :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Clarion_Ramblers

http://www.kindertrespass.com/

LOL! :eek: :D "Big Red" sounds worth immortalising in an SFO GT! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I don't think it's stainless Paul :thumbsup:

I'm carrying my own ebony Lambsfoot today :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

3. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    More Menefee week. From a group buy, the rounded edges make this a fine user.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Beard&Owl

Beard&Owl KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 26, 2012
    That Zulu is Tops man! Those red liners really make it pop! Gotta get my hands on one of his knives!

Chief likes this.
  5. rswanson

rswanson

Jun 10, 2011
    Just arrived. It's been stated elsewhere but the 78 run has had such amazing variety in the cover choices. I think I prefer my cocobolo but what do ya'll think?
    IMG_4007.JPG

6. rswanson

rswanson

Jun 10, 2011
    Chief, thats a great little knife and as always beautiful captures!

Chief likes this.
  7. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Very handsome. The red liners are the right color to show off the creamy colored micarta. Rounded edges are a nice to feel, but they also help show off the layers of micarta. It gives it a look almost like wood grain.

It looks great. I love stag that looks like that.

This was the 26 on the exchange a few days ago. I do think it looks good in this outdoor slightly overcast lighting. One more...
    A21EADA0-558A-46C0-8BE3-B3AAE674D5ED.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  8. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    @Jack Black - yes, I agree, I'd be surprised if it was stainless too! But it does so look like a belt-finish on a stainless blade ;) :)

[​IMG]

9. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Today's bundle of stuff: Dawson Mercury in Damascus with desert ironwood scales, Victorinox SD Classic with no scales and missing its file, and a Mosin Nagant sight tool for prying and opening bottle caps. The watch is a Breitling Aerospace from 1996. I just got the KSF City Sheath yesterday, soaked and molded it to the Dawson last night, gave it a light beeswax rub this morning, and slid some essentials into the card holder. It's a nice bit of work and I'm looking forward to giving it some pocket time.

The Dawson Mercury is a good little knife. Very bird-n-trout like. I enjoy swapping out the Buck 110 and Opinel N°10 for it every two weeks or so.

Zieg

10. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Recycled picture, but same plan today:

[​IMG]

11. Signalprick

Signalprick Jason Ritchie Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2009
    I'm not big on stag personally but I gotta admit, I do enjoy that one esp. without a shield.

12. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Very pretty Colt, GT, with nice warm stag!

13. strokednbored

strokednbored Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Today I'm carrying my little lamb, little lamb, little lamb... yadda yadda... it's spots are white as snow.

Edit: although looking at this pic, they didn't turn up too brightly... :confused:

[​IMG]

14. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @Travman
    Outdoor slightly overcast lighting is the best. I love it for portraits or knives. haha

Travman likes this.
  15. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    @The Zieg interesting Vic on the keychain, modded?

16. rinos

rinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2008
    [​IMG]
    P.A.Hallstrom,Ekilstuna Sweden,probably oldest folding knife i have,unfortunately original knife scales (bone)where broken.

17. Beard&Owl

Beard&Owl KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 26, 2012
    Chicken chores chickens.jpg

18. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
  19. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Handsome old Camillus bone, beautifully depicted. :thumbsup:

20. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011