1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Invoice

Invoice Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    During the day this bunch has been around me some way or the other.
    [​IMG]

The Zieg, Pinemoon, TFBraden and 23 others like this.
  2. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    39686514-EB06-4B54-AB26-E88A537663B9.jpeg A1DC24EE-AB8D-4D84-B5DD-354369348D2D.jpeg

An instant classic cigar and a vintage classic barlow.

The Case XX is moving north to @NewBlades16 as a thanks for being a good friend and sharing a few most excellent smokes!

3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very nice indeed Ray :) :thumbsup:

Smashing Harvey :) :thumbsup:

The whole world has gone crazy Dave o_O :thumbsdown:

Duckdog, dc50, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Tom. Another lovely duo you have there.

Thank you Jack.

5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Nice camping photo Jack! :thumbsup: The piano keys make a great combo! :thumbsup: :)

I’m late posting today. I took my younger brother and we did some errands today. I’ve had these two in my pocket. A Case 06247Pen from 1974 and a wee Sambar Lambsfoot! Hope everyone has a great day! :D

[​IMG]

6. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I do enjoy my Rough Riders, and my rotation schedule assigned me 5 of them this week!
    Stockman of the Week is a RR red jigged bone "Eureka stockman" with pleasant sunk joints:
    [​IMG]

"Plain" Canoe of the Week is a RR Bolster Stripes canoe with peachseed-ish bone:
    [​IMG]

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a RR clip/spey serpentine pen knife with grooved buffalo horn covers and copper bolsters, pins, and liners:
    [​IMG]

Big Knife of the Week is a RR white smooth bone marlin spike:
    [​IMG]

Peanut-ish Knife of the Week is a RR half-whittler:
    [​IMG]

- GT

Pinemoon, TFBraden, WolfyW and 23 others like this.
  7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Ron, that's a really nice pairing my friend, I love the bone on that Case :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Prester John like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Jack! :) It’s really hard to beat Case Red Bone from say about 1975 and back! :thumbsup:

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with A. Wright & Son, Lambs foot in Pere David stag and also the Portuguese "Veríssimo" as well in stag!;):thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, Paul, always appreciated. Nice pair you're totin' today!

Old Engineer and TheChunk91 like this.
  11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Lovely knives. Reminds me to get flowers for Mother's Day!

Fodderwing, dc50 and JohnDF like this.
  12. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    That is a super cool fixed blade Jack, I was admiring it when you posted it previously :thumbsup: :cool:. And agreed, if I could I would carry a fixed blade on my belt every day (instead of a shorter fixed blade in my pocket). Our knife laws permit it, but my employer does not and you would get some strange looks from the uninitiated :).

I am enjoying your fixed blade phase Stuart, and hoping it lasts a long time :).

Much appreciated Harvey, thank you.

Thanks Dwight!

13. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    You're welcome, and thanks!

14. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Jack Black likes this.
  15. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Apparently it's been a while since I last checked in on this thread, and I've ended up a whopping 90 pages behind! :eek: That's too many pages to try and read, quote, etc., but I did skim through all the photos in the last 90 pages, and I'll just say that y'all have posted some beautiful knives. Except for one. You know who you are. ;) :D

It's been jigged-bone Barlows for me lately. I carried the #15 TC most of the week, and the little #25 Barlow yesterday and today.

[​IMG]

I also used the saw on this SAK (not sure of the model, I've had this one for a long time) to help make a couple rod holders for this storage crate I'll be using in the back of my fishing kayak. I used a proper saw to cut the pipe to length, but the SAK saw was handy for making the notches at the top. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

At one point the SAK saw reminded me to pay attention and not get careless. :confused:

[​IMG]

16. Reitwagen

Reitwagen

Mar 2, 2009
    I had a Kabar just like this when I was a pup. I've been seeking out duplicates of my favorite knives over the years.
    [​IMG]

17. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Dark day, bright knife.
    [​IMG]

18. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Wow! Gary, each one of those is good looking. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Not that it matters, but my favorite is the "RR clip/spey serpentine pen knife with grooved buffalo horn covers" :)

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Jack.
    This pair was perfect today. While in the office, my boss asked to use my pocket knife to open some paper bundles. Out came the little Queen knife which is legal carry at work. Later on, back in my office, I had to trim off some plastic pieces on a model I was putting together. Out came the sturdy Lambsfoot to get the job done. It's nice to have choices appropriate to the job.

20. teddy1093

teddy1093 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2017
    image.jpg Been awhile