What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Recently out of mothballs since around 2008, Father's Day gift from my wife and daughter before our boys were ever thought of
r6BH43ql.jpg

That's my method for marathoning as well:cool:

I kind of think Peanuts in cocobolo must be a little rare, because I'm not sure I've ever seen one besides yours. I like cocobolo.:thumbsup:
After the race, we had lunch on the patio of a restaurant in an art museum overlooking the entrance to our port. That's the USS Lexington, a museum now, which saw action in WWII.
QrAWFgQ.jpg

Don't care for the food there, but I had good company, and there was beer.
6d62Dms.jpg

The Cocobolo Peanut was an SFO from 1990 or so. It was a gift. Had never seen one either. Great knife.

For about three days now it's been brilliant sunshine and warm, up to 22c :D Remember also that up near the roof of the world it stays light now until 11pm and up again before 5am and gaining every day. Makes up for the misery darkness Nov-Jan ;)

Everything has awoken, trees which were bleak with winter just a week or so ago are bursting into leaf, Maple trees in the garden in flower and also a Gage tree I have is a mass of snowy bloom-I've never seen or heard so many Bumble-Bees.:cool:

A Small Stockman paired well with the spring flowers, the Forsythia was too smothered in sun to photo but a beauty look at and rally stands out in he distance. It's a pity Buck decided to stop the Yellow Delrin Small Stockman it really is useful and pleasant, like the current weather.:)

aMIiWGQ.jpg

lCvVLKM.jpg

I got up this morning before 6:00 am and drove 170 miles to get some things from our daughters Town Home near Nashville. I spent about a half hour there and turned around and drove the 170 miles back home so I could eat lunch with my wife! ;) I started out with this Ebony #73 Scout in my pocket. After lunch I switched to the Stag #35 Churchill to fulfill my Saturday requirements! I hope everyone has had a good day! :)

47824538442_5566bec9a4_b_d.jpg

30876204687_993c623da1_b_d.jpg

I'm thinking about putting a giant squid on the pile side.

RUJGdIh.jpg

xXEo2xe.jpg

I'm searching for a good image to use, but squids look pretty difficult to do well. (and I'm afraid if I mess up, it'll look like something not-so-family-friendly, if ya know what I mean) ;)

Good Lord, Ron! I would have used either knife to slash my wrists before the first leg. Good on you, though (nice knives, too).

I'm on a second day of helping a late buddy's family get his house ready for sale. A recent posting and discussion by @Old Engineer (I think) prompted me to put this pair in my pocket today. When I pulled the trapper out to cut twine, I quickly discovered that his two nephews like pocketknives. I pointed out that the etch on the spey on the trapper is RAZOR EDGE, while the etch on the stockman spey is FOR FLESH ONLY which started a pretty fun discussion. A Case large stockman (5347 1940-1964) and a Case large trapper (5254 1965-1969):

6YTGt61.jpg

rR2sjUM.jpg

- Stuart

RUJGdIh.jpg

xXEo2xe.jpg

I'm searching for a good image to use, but squids look pretty difficult to do well. (and I'm afraid if I mess up, it'll look like something not-so-family-friendly, if ya know what I mean) ;)
Nice job on the whale, Rachel! That’s gotta be tough, putting such detail on a small, irregular surface. Quite a talent!

How about Gregory Peck as Captain Ahab?
Ha! :D
Nice job on the whale, Rachel! That’s gotta be tough, putting such detail on a small, irregular surface. Quite a talent!
Thank you. I've been looking at images of old scrimshaw and engravings for ideas, so I'm feeling like quite the amateur compared to what's out there. I'm gonna have to order a bunch of white bone Rough Riders to get some practice! :D

RUJGdIh.jpg

xXEo2xe.jpg

Very nice work! :thumbsup: Maybe a Whaler might be fitting on the pile side! ;)

Good Lord, Ron! I would have used either knife to slash my wrists before the first leg. Good on you, though (nice knives, too).

I'm on a second day of helping a late buddy's family get his house ready for sale. A recent posting and discussion by @Old Engineer (I think) prompted me to put this pair in my pocket today. When I pulled the trapper out to cut twine, I quickly discovered that his two nephews like pocketknives. I pointed out that the etch on the spey on the trapper is RAZOR EDGE, while the etch on the stockman spey is FOR FLESH ONLY which started a pretty fun discussion. A Case large stockman (5347 1940-1964) and a Case large trapper (5254 1965-1969):

6YTGt61.jpg

rR2sjUM.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks for the compliment Stuart! :) The drive was tolerable with the beautiful weather and light traffic! That’s two beautiful Case Stag knives! The 47 Stockman with the two back springs instead of the current three is my favorite Case Stockman pattern. Your a good friend Stuart! :thumbsup: I know your late friends family are very grateful to have your help! :)

Back