What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

D Duckdog Thank you Stuart, some of the BBs do come in this lighter chocolate hue, I have a Mini Gunstock in the same lighter coloured bone, pleased with both types!

Regards, Will

Thanks, Jack, and the same to you, albeit a bit later in the day

Well, you certainly have a stalwart crew at hand, Jeff.

A handsome Mutt & Jeff pair, Ron. Kudos.

A great looking knife, Steve. I like the sunk joints (or so they appear to be).

Thank you, Dwight. And, oh, my goodness!! What a handsome old Remington you are totin' today. Stellar jigging.

I see what you did there, Harvey. Sweet touch. That old knife is an honest piece.

- Stuart

I've been working all day on a sports awards banquet taking place tonight, and toted this Smith & Wesson lockback hunter as a backup for breaking down boxes in case my folding boxcutter went awry. It did, and the S&M acquitted itself very well. Boy, will I be glad when this event in in the bag!

BNMGhEq.jpg

NczBafB.jpg

Sunk joint.

ZynvSdm.jpg

- Stuart

Thank you very much Stuart, I'll be hitting the hay soon here ;) Hope your event goes well my friend :) :thumbsup:

I've been working all day on a sports awards banquet taking place tonight, and toted this Smith & Wesson lockback hunter as a backup for breaking down boxes in case my folding boxcutter went awry. It did, and the S&M acquitted itself very well. Boy, will I be glad when this event in in the bag!

BNMGhEq.jpg

NczBafB.jpg

Sunk joint.

ZynvSdm.jpg

- Stuart
My Dad has a S&W fixed blade drop point hunter,70's-80's vintage. Fit and finish equal to any custom I've ever seen. I dont know if they were contracted or built in house,but they're amazing knives. Mirror polish that is flawless, beautiful bevel and edge grinds. S&W used to take pride in things with their name on them.

Between the wet weather, and my surgery, I am way behind in working at the farm this year. I plan on rectifying that today. So, I am leaving my pristine safe queen collectors at home and toting heavy duty users.View attachment 1139887View attachment 1139888 Just kidding~ I have nothing but users.
Which is one reason I enjoy this thread and the knives shown so much.
Hope my buttercups brighten your day;)

Heading inland to work on the old house today, some plumbing and some electrical chores to accomplish. Besides my normal EDC (Medium Stockman), I'm carrying a Buck 110 and an ALOX SAK. I'll have to take a picture later today of the SAK - apparently I don't have one. OH
Buck-110-Two-Dot.jpg

I find it interesting when I see separate posts of almost the same choices made for the day. And what good choices they are to:cool::thumbsup:

A handsome Mutt & Jeff pair, Ron. Kudos.
Thanks buddy! :)

BNMGhEq.jpg

NczBafB.jpg

Sunk joint.

ZynvSdm.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart I hope your banquet went well my friend! Your S&W is a beautiful well made folder! :thumbsup:

That’s one that is not lurking around ever corner! :thumbsup: Congratulations on finding that beautiful grail sir! :D

MAM sheepsfoot is my International Knife this week:
TxDDgoy.jpg

Case mini copperhead is Watch Pocket Knife this week:
dPFMInU.jpg

Rough Rider work knife (sort of a SBJr pattern) is my Big Knife this week (even though it's not very big, but I classified Sodbuster Jr type knives as "big" as a way to carry them more often :rolleyes:):
fz87kSA.jpg

Schrade+ USA UH897, Uncle Henry medium stockman, is Stockman of the Week (thanks, Dean):
XROR3i9.jpg

- GT

BNMGhEq.jpg

NczBafB.jpg

Sunk joint.

ZynvSdm.jpg

- Stuart
That is some handsomely figured wood, Stuart. Thank you for the previous comments.

MAM sheepsfoot is my International Knife this week:
TxDDgoy.jpg

dPFMInU.jpg

Rough Rider work knife (sort of a SBJr pattern) is my Big Knife this week (even though it's not very big, but I classified Sodbuster Jr type knives as "big" as a way to carry them more often :rolleyes:):
fz87kSA.jpg

Schrade+ USA UH897, Uncle Henry medium stockman, is Stockman of the Week (thanks, Dean):
XROR3i9.jpg

- GT
That Case and the Rough Rider, Rules.

Pàdruig Pàdruig Your Dami Lamb has beautiful color, Dylan.

Beautiful wood, Stuart!:thumbsup:
Good luck with your banquet tonight. It seems you have put a lot into this. I hope it rewards you in spades!;)

Thank you very much Stuart, I'll be hitting the hay soon here ;) Hope your event goes well my friend :) :thumbsup:

My Dad has a S&W fixed blade drop point hunter,70's-80's vintage. Fit and finish equal to any custom I've ever seen. I dont know if they were contracted or built in house,but they're amazing knives. Mirror polish that is flawless, beautiful bevel and edge grinds. S&W used to take pride in things with their name on them.

Stuart I hope your banquet went well my friend! Your S&W is a beautiful well made folder! :thumbsup:

That is some handsomely figured wood, Stuart. Thank you for the previous comments.

Thanks for the kind comments on the S&W. It certainly held its own today. Yes, the awards banquet has consumed 6 of the past 4 weeks of my life. We gave 34 youth/high school and 3 adult (coach/booster) sports awards out tonight over a little more than 2 hours. From baseball to ultimate disc, from gymnastics to rifle, we try to cover them all (oh, and ice hockey). We've got kids going to West Point, the Naval Academy, and a slew of other great schools. My favorite was a high school wrestler who has very good grades (close to 4.0), works with disadvantaged youth, and was homeless his sophomore year - having to run a mile and a half from the shelter to his high school each morning to make before-class practices. He had an undefeated season this, his senior year, and is our state champion. Makes you blink a little when you look in the mirror.

I retrieved the Toothpick from my mailbox, it promptly joined the other in my pockets. I guess it is a Stag kind of day.

I am gobsmacked by that toothsome toothpick, Dylan. Great jigging, suitable size, and a pinched bolster!! Kudos to you, and thanks for sharing.

Picked a bunch of peppers today.

Beautiful bounty, and so early.

77/78 Hawbaker Special. One of my grail knives.

It's pretty clear why that would be. A fabulous knife!

That's a fine one, GT. Clean lines give it elegance beyond the mundane.

- Stuart

Back