1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @Duckdog Thank you Stuart, some of the BBs do come in this lighter chocolate hue, I have a Mini Gunstock in the same lighter coloured bone, pleased with both types!

Regards, Will

Duckdog likes this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Stuart, I'll be hitting the hay soon here ;) Hope your event goes well my friend :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, Duckdog, dc50 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Happy Wooden Wednesday!
    [​IMG]

JJ Cahill, Storm 8593, jwb01 and 22 others like this.
  4. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I had this Lambsfoot with me today and when I retrieved the Toothpick from my mailbox, it promptly joined the other in my pockets. I guess it is a Stag kind of day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, JJ Cahill, jwb01 and 30 others like this.
  5. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    My Dad has a S&W fixed blade drop point hunter,70's-80's vintage. Fit and finish equal to any custom I've ever seen. I dont know if they were contracted or built in house,but they're amazing knives. Mirror polish that is flawless, beautiful bevel and edge grinds. S&W used to take pride in things with their name on them.

6. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Picked a bunch of peppers today.

[​IMG]

7. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    I find it interesting when I see separate posts of almost the same choices made for the day. And what good choices they are to:cool::thumbsup:

8. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    42121C5F-FF4B-47B8-AC04-6AFA54259995.jpeg 95FD615D-53CA-4C6E-83FA-5CCB49855B23.jpeg 76638AAD-3684-42F9-ADE7-6A8B1A67F4A5.jpeg

77/78 Hawbaker Special. One of my grail knives.

peanutsxx, JJ Cahill, jwb01 and 25 others like this.
  9. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Case/Bose Whittler warnie & woody wednesday, hope everyone's having a great hump day!
    WW_CaseBoseWhittler.JPG

peanutsxx, JJ Cahill, jwb01 and 24 others like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks buddy! :)

Stuart I hope your banquet went well my friend! Your S&W is a beautiful well made folder! :thumbsup:

That’s one that is not lurking around ever corner! :thumbsup: Congratulations on finding that beautiful grail sir! :D

11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The best kind. Toothpick envy.

Pàdruig likes this.
  12. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    MAM sheepsfoot is my International Knife this week:
    [​IMG]

Case mini copperhead is Watch Pocket Knife this week:
    [​IMG]

Rough Rider work knife (sort of a SBJr pattern) is my Big Knife this week (even though it's not very big, but I classified Sodbuster Jr type knives as "big" as a way to carry them more often :rolleyes:):
    [​IMG]

Schrade+ USA UH897, Uncle Henry medium stockman, is Stockman of the Week (thanks, Dean):
    [​IMG]

- GT

JJ Cahill, jwb01, TFBraden and 26 others like this.
  13. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2015 Black Micarta Bull Nose today, simplistic, tough and super ergo's, yep, I like the Bull:cool:
    [​IMG]

14. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    dc50 and Leslie Tomville like this.
  15. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    fullsizeoutput_2eb8.jpeg

JJ Cahill, Storm 8593, jwb01 and 24 others like this.
  16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Heading to San Antonio for three days to visit my octagenarian uncle.
    [​IMG]
    Will be toting these:
    [​IMG]
    Case trapper.
    And:
    [​IMG]
    A. Wright & Son lambsfoot.

Remember D-Day: 75th anniversary on Thursday.
    [​IMG]
    USS Lexington.

[​IMG]
    USS Texas.

17. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    That is some handsomely figured wood, Stuart. Thank you for the previous comments.

dc50 and Duckdog like this.
  18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    That Case and the Rough Rider, Rules.

@Pàdruig Your Dami Lamb has beautiful color, Dylan.

Pàdruig and dc50 like this.
  19. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks for the kind comments on the S&W. It certainly held its own today. Yes, the awards banquet has consumed 6 of the past 4 weeks of my life. We gave 34 youth/high school and 3 adult (coach/booster) sports awards out tonight over a little more than 2 hours. From baseball to ultimate disc, from gymnastics to rifle, we try to cover them all (oh, and ice hockey). We've got kids going to West Point, the Naval Academy, and a slew of other great schools. My favorite was a high school wrestler who has very good grades (close to 4.0), works with disadvantaged youth, and was homeless his sophomore year - having to run a mile and a half from the shelter to his high school each morning to make before-class practices. He had an undefeated season this, his senior year, and is our state champion. Makes you blink a little when you look in the mirror.

I am gobsmacked by that toothsome toothpick, Dylan. Great jigging, suitable size, and a pinched bolster!! Kudos to you, and thanks for sharing.

Beautiful bounty, and so early.

It's pretty clear why that would be. A fabulous knife!

That's a fine one, GT. Clean lines give it elegance beyond the mundane.

- Stuart

20. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    No matter what pattern the knife, bone done like that is grail level!

@Duckdog ~ That sounds worthy of dedicating 150% of your time:thumbsup:
    Much better than an award for everyone just for showing up:rolleyes:

Speaking of showing up, we have an official outbreak of these little vampires- B22A9090-C154-4A59-9049-F3EA88427F9A.jpeg A377A092-266F-4AF3-91AA-6655113C536C.jpeg