What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That's a good question. I don't know why it isn't more common. I don't know if it's harder to fit, and I guess the extra spring material adds a little weight. I imagine Will Power Will Power prefers it, since it reduces the size of the "dirt trap" on a Jack Knife. :D

:cool::D Not wrong. Wraparound should be obligatory:D I suppose bending the spring demands more skill and might impact on its strength?? Looks a lot better too, the real Dirt Trap magnets are those without any dividing liner leaving an eyesore void :eek:;) But this is another reason single-spring knives are better than Jacks ;) Tight fit means less dirt can fall through the cracks ;)

Grabbed the 66 today as I headed to town for some vehicle maintenance on my daughters Jeep and a birthday lunch for both girls.

7-D397006-C3-E8-47-E9-A982-33-C153365-B71.jpg

My Miscellaneous Knife (oops! I misread my spreadsheet, and this SBJ is my Peanut-like Knife :rolleyes:) this week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
sbj.deck.up.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife this week is a Joker with bull horn covers:
joker.asta.open.out.jpg

Lambsfoot Knife this week is Valley Jack, my 2019 desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot:
VJ.pile.Vopen.fence.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
5K Qs 5K Qs ~ Appreciate your kind and witty comments, my friend. You inspired me to carry the Sabre. Way overdue!

Nice pair! Zooming in, I think I can make out the lines that indicate Ivoroid scales on the Cami. Is that correct? It looks remarkably similar to the Camillus stockman that I put smooth elk on.

Me likey! Split spring?

Love that old bone!

I’m in the same camp. Fortunately, I get pleasure seeing the fine customs and sfos in this thread!

That 15 is a great knife. When I have modded TL-29s the 15 is what I was shooting for.

Thanks for the good news. That would have been a long fishing trip!
Thank you Jeff.

My Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1164472

Stag/Horn Knife this week is a Joker with bull horn covers:
View attachment 1164474

Lambsfoot Knife this week is Valley Jack, my 2019 desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot:
View attachment 1164476

- GT

I thought that ironwood stunner was named Union Jack??? Or am I confused yet again...

I used an Xmas gift card to buy one of those Case swaybacked jacks. It kind of grows on you. Light and slim, and very well fitted. In fact, I am very impressed with the Case knives I’ve been lucky enough to acquire. Long live Case!

I used an Xmas gift card to buy one of those Case swaybacked jacks. It kind of grows on you. Light and slim, and very well fitted. In fact, I am very impressed with the Case knives I’ve been lucky enough to acquire. Long live Case!
I'm impressed too, Jeff. I have more Case knives than any other maker at the moment, and I plan to keep adding more. I usually buy in person and inspect them, but I have had to order a couple for family members. It's a good product. Carried my trapper and peanut today (posted a pic last night). My medium stockman is in my pocket now.

Thank you and good to see those beauties your toting !!
Thanks Gev!!! Your Primble has absolutely gorgeous covers; very cool old watch, too!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
JJ, your impressions matched my initial reaction to a sowbelly pattern. ;):thumbsup: Thanks for your compliments.
Your sowbelly made up my mind for my Saturday carry!;)
Another pristine and praiseworthy pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you!!!:D
Couple of champions, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Has the "Be Prepared" shield been used frequently? There's one on a Rough Rider linesman's knife I have, and I wondered about its "ancestry".
Thanks again!:rolleyes:
The "Be Prepared" shield was used on the first series of official BSA scout knives produced by New York Knife Co, starting in 1911. NYKCo had the monopoly on the official BSA knives through 1922, when in 1923 both Remington and Ulster were also granted the right to produce the official knives. NYKCo kept the "Be Prepared" shield until 1926, joining their 2 new competitors who had been using their own versions the BSA shield since 1923. Unfortunately by 1926 NYKCo had already succumbed to the fierce competition of the newer production techniques that had been introduced following WWI...the rest is history...:(
My Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV Swayback Jack (thanks, Paul):
Awesome threesome today Gary!!! That Desert Ironwood is stunning!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
The obsession is strong.
I feel you pain Harvey!:eek: Great shot!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back