What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My carry has been pretty static the last few weeks but I brought along a smaller companion as well today.

tLyJub7.jpg

View attachment 1168853 View attachment 1168852

I have wanted to add a Scrimshaw knife to my collection for quite a while. Several weeks ago, I came across a very talented artist and decided to entrust her with a GEC white bone 78 as her canvas. She normally uses Chinese knives to keep the cost down, but I cannot abide by those products. She did a great job. I can lose myself in the scene she created.

r8shell r8shell , I know you love Scrimshaw and thought you might enjoy seeing this.

@Gevonovich and @meako , as the Porch’s two poet laureates, I thought this knife might fire your imaginations!

Thanks solphilos solphilos , the 78 is a classic. The walk and talk of every one that I have owned has been perfect. I thought the shape and large size of the handles would give her a lot of real estate to draw on.

Thanks Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop !

Last edited:

I have wanted to add a Scrimshaw knife to my collection for quite a while. Several weeks ago, I came across a very talented artist and decided to entrust her with a GEC white bone 78 as her canvas. She did a great job. I can lose myself in the scene she created.

r8shell r8shell , I know you love Scrimshaw and thought you might enjoy seeing this.

@Gevonovich and @meako , as the Porch’s two poet laureates, I thought this knife might fire your imaginations!
Wow! Stunning scrimshaw my friend, and on the perfect medium as well. Though I'm probably biased as I think the #78 is the greatest GEC out there.

I have wanted to add a Scrimshaw knife to my collection for quite a while. Several weeks ago, I came across a very talented artist and decided to entrust her with a GEC white bone 78 as her canvas. She did a great job. I can lose myself in the scene she created.

Beautiful Scrimshaw! :thumbsup: Congratulations on that one of a kind jewel! :)

img_7407.jpg

Clerk’s Knife and ebony Calf Roper. Going with me to the hospital today as my chemo security knives. Silly, but makes me feel better.
Don't worry, anyone who would think that's silly wouldn't be reading this forum. :p Heck, I've taken a couple knives out to a movie (a documentary about British soldiers in WW1, I wanted to carry a few 100 year old knives in my pocket - one English and one German made) :D
Best wishes for your health. :):thumbsup:

I have wanted to add a Scrimshaw knife to my collection for quite a while. Several weeks ago, I came across a very talented artist and decided to entrust her with a GEC white bone 78 as her canvas. She normally uses Chinese knives to keep the cost down, but I cannot abide by those products. She did a great job. I can lose myself in the scene she created.

Thanks solphilos solphilos , the 78 is a classic. The walk and talk of every one that I have owned has been perfect. I thought the shape and large size of the handles would give her a lot of real estate to draw on.

Thanks Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop !
So cool! That's great work, thanks for showing it. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm a huge fan of the TL-29 but that Robeson EO jack is very cool!:thumbsup::cool:
‘Preciate it JJ!

Grabbed this trapper off VCM3 VCM3 a week ago and it’s been riding in the pocket ever since. John Lloyd makes a fine working knife and this one will live a full life.
Another great day here on the plains.
RD612kK.jpg
Great knife, and I love the photo with the rain in the distance.

I’m totin these two today! Hope y’all have a blessed weekend! :)

30486270407_193c66bdac_b_d.jpg
Nice pair, especially ‘Ol Scratchy there on the right. But my eyes are drawn to that beautiful walnut crotch wood your knives are posing on.

You have a blessed weekend as well, Ron! So far, so good...

After an extremely late start due to our wettest May in recorded history, the vegetable garden is catching up nicely. Broccoli heads are 3 or 4 inches across, a bunch of sweet grilling peppers are almost ready, and beans and squashes are blooming. I’m looking forward to the entire day in the perennial borders moving plants, battling the creeping charlie, and transplanting some young walnuts and oaks planted by the squirrels, so todays knives were picked with that in mind.

If you look closely in the squash blossom, you can see a bee doing what bees do...View attachment 1168862

Back