1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Gary, I admire not only your carries but the detailed method in which you choose;):thumbsup: Love both your Barlow's, I just rec'd a CASE like yours and it's an exceptional knife:thumbsup:
    Today's carry for me.
    [​IMG]

2. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you Ron!!! You certainly have a pair of wonderful beauties today; ebony is my favorite wood cover!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you Jeff!!! Wonderful Robeson Stockman; their knife builds as well as their version of 1095 was almost unmatched, in my experience!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Thank you very much Gev!!!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Perfect Harvey, set the time machine for both Sheffield and the US east coast!;) My sweet tooth is savoring both of your appetizing marvels today!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Wonderful image of your two excellent Jacks; very cool!:cool::thumbsup:
    Thank you Gary!!! I really like how bone covered knives all have their own unique character.;) Those are the only Wengers that I have and I certainly hope to run across more; Wenger was in a French Canton of Switzerland while Victorinox is in a German Canton; I really like both companies!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    I'm very impressed with the Case CV and yours is gorgeous; the older Blue Grass is super cool too!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  3. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    After rummaging around I came across a Case 6347 stockman I bought 30 years ago. I decided to pair it with a GEC 44, for Tuesday's totes.:D
    [​IMG]

4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    A tasty-looking tribute my friend :) :thumbsup:

I was admiring that knife in the other thread Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, the #44 was a gift from Duncan @Campbellclanman when he visited me earlier this year :) Great-looking pair of Barlows there :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Nice choice Paul :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, got these two in my pockets today :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Gary.:):thumbsup:

6. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Superb pair of Barlows, Gary.;):thumbsup:

7. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Today in my pocket.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

8. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Taking this well used Case with me today along with a lock back as always.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old Hunter, kai76, JJ Cahill and 20 others like this.
  9. HFinn

HFinn

Sep 6, 2012
    Still this Boker. Fast turning in to a favourite. It is light and slim, well made and very, very sharp out of box. I would like it even more with full flat grind.

[​IMG]

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Rosewood Lambsfoot for me today...
    [​IMG]

11. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    Thank you sir for your kind complement. I likewise enjoy your photographs as well. The barrel is from a 150 year old apple cider masher/press. I’m currently working on restoring it. The iron bands were original with the press and were riveted to the old staves. I made new ones and replaced them with screws instead of rivets.

12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you JJ! :) :thumbsup:

Your Rosewood is looking quite colorful this morning John! :thumbsup: Your example does have very nice Rosewood! :thumbsup: :)

@JJ Cahill @Jack Black Gentlemen you both have some great knives in your pockets today! :thumbsup: :)

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Ron. :)
    It's from a limited run of African Rosewood. :cool: :thumbsup:

Cutfinger and Half/Stop like this.
  14. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I’ve got these two along this morning! Hope y’all have a great day! :D

[​IMG]

15. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    78 American Jack with me this morning.
    [​IMG]

16. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
  17. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for noticing, Steve. :)

What a handsome and useful quartet, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Each time I see your DIY jigging, I'm more impressed! :eek::cool::thumbsup: Did you practice on scraps first?

Congrats on the BF Drover, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That looks like a Sears Uncle Henry stockman; really attractive! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Welcome back, and that Parker makes quite a splash for your return! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Breathtaking #38!! :eek::cool::cool:

Tough to beat that jigged bone WCLF and stag 73 combo, Taylor!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) RR's good stag predated my return to the knife world, but I was very fortunate to pick some up from @black mamba . :thumbsup::):cool:

That's an exceptional stockman, Dean; that series from Case is A-1! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You're not Dan Aykroyd, are you, Harvey??? ;):D Sounds like you've had a rich and varied life! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Speaking of life, how about advance warning before you post a heart-stopping image like that trio, Harvey? :eek::thumbsup::cool::cool:

What a classic, Nick! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on picking out a winner; that's a delightful pattern! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, JJ; I don't think I've heard the Catt survey story before! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Another great photo of another superb pair, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The checkered bone on the 78 is sensational!

Thanks, Jack. :)
    Fine old ebony TCs and new WCLFs to celebrate Charlie's birthday, Jack and Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

All the deliberation you invested paid off, Harry; that 93 pair is splendid! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Dignified dark duo, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That Case stockman is a remarkable family heirloom, Todd! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent red Robeson, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's a blue-ribbon sowbelly, David! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :)
    Striking bone on your TC! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Marvelous melon tester, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I'm not familiar with Myers; is the tang stamp some kind of sunburst icon?

- GT

18. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    This Hibbard Spencer and Bartlet refuses to be photographed. This is the best of several attempts on two occasions in differing lights.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe it's haunted.
    I found it in my sock drawer and switched it with the Miller Bros.
    Back to my roots today. Utica Tungsten (grr).
    [​IMG]

19. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! :) :thumbsup:

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Ron, enjoy your Double Lambsfoot Day my friend :) :thumbsup:

Yep, thanks mate :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog, TFBraden and Half/Stop like this.