What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Well, it's been a while, but since it's Trapper Tuesday, I thought I'd let this ole #73 Square End out of its tube to spend the day with me. I'm thinking I don't spend near enough time with this one. I'll have to change that.
YqyaP6f.jpg

I would venture to guess, its for a cider press! Having ground and pressed allot of apples as a kid, I've seen those before ;) Its just about that time of year....another thing of my childhood I now miss. Like the smell of freshly sawn and split redoak and hickory, nothing like smell of a fresh cord of hardwood. Aw jeez now I'm being all nostalgic and rambling....:D

Thank you sir for your kind complement. I likewise enjoy your photographs as well. The barrel is from a 150 year old apple cider masher/press. I’m currently working on restoring it. The iron bands were original with the press and were riveted to the old staves. I made new ones and replaced them with screws instead of rivets.
Nice work Jak3, and I am also impressed by David!

@5K Qs ~ Thanks, Gary. You’re very kind. Yes, absolutely. I did practice jigging on scrap first! Not so much for any kind of jigging pattern, but mostly to pick the right bit.

Got a couple of old High Carbon brand Craftsman knives today. View attachment 1197948View attachment 1197952

Outstanding combo!!!! Booth knives get a huge thumbs up.

Great scout. I really love those old Camillus-manufactured Craftsman camp knives. They have great shields, often have amazing bone covers, and the spiral punches just make the whole package even more deluxe.

Thanks, Buzz~ I do as well. Cool old knives.

Spot on about SteveC SteveC ’s totes too!

As always, Ancient and Honorable, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

In addition to the knives prescribed by my rotation schedule, and my 4 literal EDCs, I'll sometimes carry one or two "free choice" knives that I just have a yearning to carry. Last week I carried an old Belknap Blue Grass Barlow and a new Case brown sawcut bone CV Barlow, just because they seemed so similar to me. This week, the Blue Grass Barlow is actually my Miscellaneous Knife of the Week, and I'm still carrying the Case as "free choice". (I've only had the Case for about a month and a half.)
View attachment 1197712

- GT

That you, Gary! That is a beguiling brace of Barlows you are bearing!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) RR's good stag predated my return to the knife world, but I was very fortunate to pick some up from @black mamba . :thumbsup::):cool:

That's an exceptional stockman, Dean; that series from Case is A-1! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :)
Striking bone on your TC! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

I'm overwhelmed by your kind comments, as usual, Gary.

Happy Two Toothpicks Tuesday to all y'all. This BB Winchester 1924 has been hanging around for the past week or so and even joined me for a cocktail last night. I toted it and the L.L. Bean Fisherman to a local pond to see if it had been re-populated with more than frogs and damsel flies. It hadn't been.

X4GSIlU.jpg

- Stuart

Happy Two Toothpicks Tuesday to all y'all. This BB Winchester 1924 has been hanging around for the past week or so and even joined me for a cocktail last night. I toted it and the L.L. Bean Fisherman to a local pond to see if it had been re-populated with more than frogs and damsel flies. It hadn't been.

X4GSIlU.jpg

- Stuart

Terrific Toothpicks, Stuart. I only have one and I have a question: What do you think of the Case fisherman's knife?

Back