What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

My carry tomorrow and a beautiful shot of a double rainbow to share :)
tLuzohR.jpg

s7FqUDR.jpg

Thanks, JJ; I don't think I've heard the Catt survey story before! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Cattaraugus was certainly quite a storied US cutler, from their 1906 "liner lock" Patent to their connection to Admiral Byrd!:eek:
Happy Two Toothpicks Tuesday to all y'all. This BB Winchester 1924 has been hanging around for the past week or so and even joined me for a cocktail last night. I toted it and the L.L. Bean Fisherman to a local pond to see if it had been re-populated with more than frogs and damsel flies. It hadn't been.
X4GSIlU.jpg
Great photo Stuart!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Today, I'm also carrying a Lambsfoot big-un and a cute little teeny-tiny Cattaraugus penknife in mother of pearl.

2eKUrUy.jpg
Wonderful trio Rachel; your Catt pen is super cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your reservation is set. Love that GEC 44 and Case 6347.
Perfect Harvey; thank you!!! The covers on your Joseph Rogers Lamb are astounding; beautiful image too!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Lambsfoot of the Week: 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot (thanks, Jack):
jan18-gl-pile-patina-jpg.1198221

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week: Joker small stag lockback:
lilstaglb-mark-vopen-jpg.1198240

Peanut of the Week: Case chestnut jigged bone CV peanut:
chestnut-mark-closed-jpg.1198243

Big Knife of the Week: Rough Rider Fish Knife (thanks, Mark):
fishknife-lilfriend-open-jpg.1198244
Wonderful shots of your fearsome foursome Gary; you have almost every outdoor activity covered with those beauties!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I was going to vote for the Utica, but that long pull on the Camco!
Yeah! I was being torn between the Utica and the Colonial, but the Camco is kind of fascinating because it seems a lot smaller than the Utica but has an almost as long blade. The shield on the Colonial is beautiful to me, even though it's just a bit of sheet metal with the points bent over. Also, I have even fewer solidly built Colonials than Imperials. Maybe only two.

My eccentric uncle once ran out of shaving foam- nothing coming out, not even a hiss. He figured there must be a little left in there, and stuck one of those old triangular can openers into the can. There was a lot left in there, very briefly.

Here are some possibilities for tomorrow: Colonial, Camco, Utica.
153GSXe.jpg
Oh, wow.... people around me at work are wondering why I keep laughing.... I can visualize a brief blizzard of foam....

If that had been captured on video, it would have gone viral immediately..

(don't try this at home, kids)

Oh, wow.... people around me at work are wondering why I keep laughing.... I can visualize a brief blizzard of foam....

If that had been captured on video, it would have gone viral immediately..

(don't try this at home, kids)
He probably had a pretty good audience once he stumbled out of his trailer with with his geyser. He lived in an Avion trailer after his early retirement, and used to go on mass trips with other Avion owners.
He bought a lot of land in Florida before anybody wanted it, and he invested in Gradall when Gradall was just a couple of foreigners with an idea.

Have I posted this pic of my haunted HSB? If it is haunted, the ghost must like Mollie Katzen. Pretty good focus. [Uncle Reggie owned and operated diners, eventually in Florida.]
WCopHs2.jpg

[I forgot to add the pic; I should have left it like that. Spookier.]
As for today's carry, I think the Case on top has an excellent balance of the rugged and the debonair.
85TkbkB.jpg

Last edited:
........I gave up the barbaric practice of scraping hair off my face.
Amen brother Jeff! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks. The 1100 is from 1979 and is in very fine condition. When I got it, it had a 30" fixed FULL choke barrel, which is of little use to me. I put a new 28" vent rib barrel on it and got some Carlson chokes. Old school fixed up.
Stuart, I’ve got an 870 Wingmaster 12 ga 28” MOD vent rib that I bought new in 1973 and I’ve got an 1100 LT20 with a 21” rifle slug barrel. I love Remington long guns. :thumbsup: :)

I've been carrying my classic 74 Mustang this week.... a beautifully balanced knife. Just might be the most "natural feeling" knife in my collection. Others are very nice, like most of my sheepfoot knives, but this one just feels right when I pick it up.
(thanks to lastrodeo for making this available..)

74%20mark_zpsvwvosoie.jpg

Well it’s Woodsday again and I’m carrying Rosewood! I’ve got my Wright’s Rosewood Bigun Lambsfoot and a dandy Miller Brothers Equal End Jack. Dang, I hope I look this good when I hit the 100 year old mark! :cool: The Miller Brothers Jack was a wonderful gift from my friend Stuart @Duckdog! I’m always thankful Stuart! :D

48753772766_ce64a96410_b_d.jpg

That Miller Bros is a dandy ! :thumbsup:

Back