1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    My carry tomorrow and a beautiful shot of a double rainbow to share :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
  3. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Cattaraugus was certainly quite a storied US cutler, from their 1906 "liner lock" Patent to their connection to Admiral Byrd!:eek:
    Great photo Stuart!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Wonderful trio Rachel; your Catt pen is super cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Perfect Harvey; thank you!!! The covers on your Joseph Rogers Lamb are astounding; beautiful image too!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Wonderful shots of your fearsome foursome Gary; you have almost every outdoor activity covered with those beauties!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

4. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    My totes for wooden Wednesday are two GECs; their recent and well done #29 in Osage and the ever ready #15 in ebony.:D
    [​IMG]

5. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today in my pocket and my wrist.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

6. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Yeah! I was being torn between the Utica and the Colonial, but the Camco is kind of fascinating because it seems a lot smaller than the Utica but has an almost as long blade. The shield on the Colonial is beautiful to me, even though it's just a bit of sheet metal with the points bent over. Also, I have even fewer solidly built Colonials than Imperials. Maybe only two.

Amir Fleschwund likes this.
  7. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Magnificent! That is what all Blood Red strives to be!
    Excellent photo.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RDaneel likes this.
  8. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Oh, wow.... people around me at work are wondering why I keep laughing.... I can visualize a brief blizzard of foam....

If that had been captured on video, it would have gone viral immediately..

(don't try this at home, kids)

scrteened porch likes this.
  9. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    He probably had a pretty good audience once he stumbled out of his trailer with with his geyser. He lived in an Avion trailer after his early retirement, and used to go on mass trips with other Avion owners.
    He bought a lot of land in Florida before anybody wanted it, and he invested in Gradall when Gradall was just a couple of foreigners with an idea.

Have I posted this pic of my haunted HSB? If it is haunted, the ghost must like Mollie Katzen. Pretty good focus. [Uncle Reggie owned and operated diners, eventually in Florida.]
    [​IMG]
    [I forgot to add the pic; I should have left it like that. Spookier.]
    As for today's carry, I think the Case on top has an excellent balance of the rugged and the debonair.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  10. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    That's a different sort of Grohmann. That shield is a nice touch.

mitch13 likes this.
  11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Amen brother Jeff! :thumbsup: :D

Stuart, I’ve got an 870 Wingmaster 12 ga 28” MOD vent rib that I bought new in 1973 and I’ve got an 1100 LT20 with a 21” rifle slug barrel. I love Remington long guns. :thumbsup: :)

Duckdog and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Well it’s Woodsday again and I’m carrying Rosewood! I’ve got my Wright’s Rosewood Bigun Lambsfoot and a dandy Miller Brothers Equal End Jack. Dang, I hope I look this good when I hit the 100 year old mark! :cool: The Miller Brothers Jack was a wonderful gift from my friend Stuart @Duckdog! I’m always thankful Stuart! :D

[​IMG]

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  14. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    I've been carrying my classic 74 Mustang this week.... a beautifully balanced knife. Just might be the most "natural feeling" knife in my collection. Others are very nice, like most of my sheepfoot knives, but this one just feels right when I pick it up.
    (thanks to lastrodeo for making this available..)

[​IMG]

15. hornetguy

Feb 11, 2015
    I agree.... that Case looks sleek... very nice set of jacks... something about a well balanced spear point just looks "right".

scrteened porch likes this.
  16. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017

That Miller Bros is a dandy ! :thumbsup:

Half/Stop and Duckdog like this.
  17. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Have to skip out on wood today in order to keep scratching my Craftsman itch. C03F4784-E7DB-4FC5-8F3B-A2CD4006147E.jpeg Today, I’ve got a 9470 Stockman (pretty certain it was made by Ulster), which sports very nice walk ‘n talk and super snaps, a folding hunter on my belt, and a Cam 72 for fun. 5313BFCA-EC69-42CA-ACB1-EF87FBB70D9D.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  18. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
  19. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Great pic, Alan! I had to carry mine after seeing it. Sometimes my memory needs a jog.
    How many stag did they make? 100, 200?
    [​IMG]

20. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Another beautiful fall day. :)
    IMG_1742.JPG