What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Buck 55 in my watch pocket, Vic Explorer on my belt.

IMG_20191027_42858.jpg

Harry, I’ve been meaning to tell you that I finished up this headknocker a while ago. Flea mkt harness hame on an Ozark red elm shovel handle. It might come in handy after a little ‘scopic knee surgery coming up... :eek::D
View attachment 1237528
That is pretty nice my friend . I have never seen a silver colored one before . The last time I saw you walk , you could have used it . When are you having the surgery ??? Your piano reminds me that we were in your neighborhood , Coronado , last week end to see the Piano Guys .

Harry

The leaves are indeed beautiful...
I pile them a foot deep in my garden beds and my wooded areas. I never have to seek out leaves, but every fall, I pick up acorns and hickory nuts for planting. Actually, I plant very few. I just scatter them, and the squirrels plant them.
Kindred spirits :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

I find myself carrying this 29 frequently, including today :)
XQ6QdwI.jpg

I have to say that the 29's really surprised me. I wasn't very interested until I learned all three blades had half stops, so I ordered one. My blood red bone like yours has become my edc no matter what other knife I have on me. I've tried not to carry it but find myself out of habit reaching for it no matter other plans. Liked it so much I got a few of the different versions for backup and admiration. I think GEC hit it out of the park with the 29's at least IMHO.

I have to say that the 29's really surprised me. I wasn't very interested until I learned all three blades had half stops, so I ordered one. My blood red bone like yours has become my edc no matter what other knife I have on me. I've tried not to carry it but find myself out of habit reaching for it no matter other plans. Liked it so much I got a few of the different versions for backup and admiration. I think GEC hit it out of the park with the 29's at least IMHO.
Totally agree!
aoa5R9A.jpg

That is pretty nice my friend . I have never seen a silver colored one before . The last time I saw you walk , you could have used it . When are you having the surgery ??? Your piano reminds me that we were in your neighborhood , Coronado , last week end to see the Piano Guys .

Harry
It’s brass, just that lousy artificial light indoors.
Tues the 3rd- only a half an hour procedure, but they keep moving it back.
Uh yeah Doc, I can skip breakfast and lunch, no problem. But I WILL be drinking some coffee, even if I have to lie about it!

Kindred spirits :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Us rodents gotta stick together.

Hey did you know that squirrels are more likely to plant nuts and acorns in cleared or mowed areas than in high grass or unmowed meadows? That’s because field mice and meadow voles don’t live in cleared or mowed areas~no cover from predators. They live in high grass and unmowed areas, so squirrels know they will find and steal the nuts the squirrels have buried for winter eating.

Thank you JJ, another beautiful pair there :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, miserable weather here again I'm afraid, so I'm going to hide out in the cinema and watch The Irishman. Just hope I'm not going to fall asleep watching a 3 hour film about house painting :eek: Taking my Ashley's Choice SFO for company (and my girlfriend! :D ):thumbsup:

Txi3O89.jpg
Thanks Jack!!! Lovely photo of you Ashley's Choice beauty!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. A couple of dreaming looking knives with cool covers.
Thanks Harvey!!! You have the main course and dessert covered; both vey sweet!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- gorgeous, Alexandr makes a fine knife..!

- as others, great comp

View attachment 1237663 View attachment 1237664

thanks for the compliments on my pooch. She looks all business, but she is a softie. Lucky for me no one in their right mind would test her.
- very nice comp.

Yes, love your GSD too. Was brought up in Kenya with one.......would truly like to have one myself, but not in our London lifestyle

The indomitable orange Pioneer.

View attachment 1237700
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 10.52.42.png
- such a great pic, great colour compliment!

We'll wait to see that on Netflix on November 27th. We thought about going to see it at one of the NYC theatres on Broadway last week, but they were asking $157.00 a ticket! :eek: I hope you didn't pay that much!

Enjoy the day folks!
gUziseb.jpg
- classy as ever.! What is the folder please...?

Last edited:
Back