What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
  2. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    What a drag for Christmas season :( hoping you get fit&well soon Lance :thumbsup:

Regards, Will

3. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Two Great Straights;) But I'm opting for the CASE today.

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, JustinR, Pàdruig and 35 others like this.
  4. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Might need a lawn tractor.
    They will find and send you some shields, but then you have to put them in straight by yourself. They recommend superglue. Epoxy is probably better, but it's messier, and if you have fine motor challenges...
    Predicted high of 55 here today! Down to 40 on Sunday.

Prester John likes this.
  6. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Reading the news on the net about Venice being flooded once again, when on the first photograph I spot something familiar... What a coincidence that I am toting Charlie's ancient barlow today! @waynorth
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  7. SnailOffTheTrail

SnailOffTheTrail

Aug 25, 2018
    Hmm, that Case is what I am going to find under the christmas tree tomorrow. Beautifully made, spring flush in all 3 positions and gorgeous jigging.
    Yes, I have been a naughty boy, checking out the presents in advance.;)

Will Power and Prester John like this.
  8. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Today’s pair
    upload_2019-12-23_8-3-22.jpeg

9. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    This one is actually for the dogs, so I’m reluctant to put it under the tree early. They will do well this year.

And I’ll have the Shuffler with me to help out.

155675B6-FD9A-4874-9048-764A08590D66.jpeg

10. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I was in Venice in 1967, and we saw the waterlines from the previous year's flood, which I believe was the record until this year. Before we left they had put up those sawhorse boardwalks. It was kind of exciting to see such high water where it should have been dry, but kind of rough on the buildings and the residents.
    I can't find my gondola shaped knife, so this will have to do.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not actually carrying the Sino-Venetian choo-choo.
    [​IMG]

11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Blimey, how'd I get so far behind with this thread, I only posted yesterday?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Very nice John :thumbsup:

Beautiful gents :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you Vince :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff :) :thumbsup:

SolstiSaturnaliaChristmaKahTide? :D :thumbsup:

A fine-looking pair Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, really pleased with it :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Terrific Trio Harvey, and a fab pic :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm smiling too Stuart :) Thanks again my friend :) I noticed that about the candies! :D They are very moreish, I had to put the bag in my coat pocket in the hall yesterday, to stop me eating them all! :D :thumbsup:

It might be old age Jeff! :eek: I noticed I had made two payments this time last year, but I must have bought a membership for someone else rather than myself! :D Thanks again to Shawn @Wuurwulf for his generosity, and for saving me a day messing around with my Google and BF settings :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Great pics Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Fab photos of that fine threesome Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

Seems to have been raining a lot all over the northern hemisphere this year o_O Nice to see that one Ron :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ, the Primble and the candy were a thoughtful gift from Stuart @Duckdog :) :thumbsup:

Love that match safe JJ, it's the ideal partner for your Remington Scout :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start, and that you're all in a holiday mood :) Thought I'd carry these two again today :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JustinR, Pàdruig, Laurelbb and 25 others like this.
  12. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    It's a wonderful chilly and foggy morning, I've got some cozy new wool socks and still toting this superb knife. Hope you all have a good 'un today.

IMG_6318.JPG IMG_6319.JPG

JustinR, Pàdruig, Laurelbb and 25 others like this.
  13. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Thanks, Will!

cigarrodog and scrteened porch like this.
  14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Hope you heal up quickly.

Thank you, Jack.

cigarrodog, The Fort and Jack Black like this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Going to watch Star Wars and do a little last-minute shopping...
    [​IMG]

16. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Great scout!!! You and I are of similar mind today. My RS3333 is one of my two favorite camp knives. An absolute work of art in every way. I'll be carrying it for the rest of the week, with Christmas quickly approaching. It's the sort of knife that every young boy once dreamt of getting as a Christmas present, after thumbing thorough the ads in Boys' Life magazine for the thousanth time.

[​IMG]

17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    The main one today. Been anticipating this one most of the year. Not disappointed. Exceeds expectations. Quite extraordinary, actually.

18. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    My task today is to wrap some gifts, and make a run to the market for a rib roast for Christmas Day. Be safe! It's crazy out there!:D
    [​IMG]

19. Knifenorway

Knifenorway

Apr 24, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Rough rider moose knife. Merry Christmas. :)

20. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I like the way epoxy gives you more time to adjust the shield before it sets. Hate superglue. It can get brittle with age, and I have to wear latex gloves that I can slip out of when I glue my hand to the table. :eek:
    I read somewhere that they were trying to calculate how much and at what rate Venice has sunk. They couldn't find written records going back very far, and someone had the brilliant idea of going to the museums to look at the water level depicted in the old paintings. :cool::thumbsup:
    And Festivus, of course!

Today I've got the new Forum knife and this ole butter & molasses.
    [​IMG][​IMG]