What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Two Great Straights;) But I'm opting for the CASE today.

8cmXlrp.jpg

Thank you, it's great when the holidays overlap on the calendar for SolstiChristmaKah. :)
It's cold but the sun's coming out.
UhH2CLz.jpg

Cold here, too.

fKy8l7l.jpg

- Stuart

Congratulations on the house! (That looks like a big lawn to mow!) I like the icons--beautiful. And that knife is a marvelous gift. :thumbsup:
Might need a lawn tractor.
Case won't just send you the shields? A little two-part epoxy should hold them in.
They will find and send you some shields, but then you have to put them in straight by yourself. They recommend superglue. Epoxy is probably better, but it's messier, and if you have fine motor challenges...
Predicted high of 55 here today! Down to 40 on Sunday.

I was in Venice in 1967, and we saw the waterlines from the previous year's flood, which I believe was the record until this year. Before we left they had put up those sawhorse boardwalks. It was kind of exciting to see such high water where it should have been dry, but kind of rough on the buildings and the residents.
I can't find my gondola shaped knife, so this will have to do.
wBS192R.jpg

I'm not actually carrying the Sino-Venetian choo-choo.
CZpFXV4.jpg

Last edited:
Blimey, how'd I get so far behind with this thread, I only posted yesterday?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. :)

Very nice John :thumbsup:

Some breakfast in my pocket for church this morning: butter & molasses Cut Co jack.

oHbmY2d.jpg

ziEohzl.jpg

Schrade Cut Co
3 & 3/8ths Jack
Butter and Molasses

49255816916_44c70aeca7_b.jpg

Beautiful gents :cool: :thumbsup:

Smashing, Jack! Great gift, @Wurrwulf! :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Vince :) :thumbsup:

Beer scout and lambfoot for today’s carry again. I’ve fallen for the lambfoot and know later in the beer scout will come in handy. Might as well pocket them both!!!
View attachment 1252812 View attachment 1252813

Great stuff :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, it's great when the holidays overlap on the calendar for SolstiChristmaKah. :)
It's cold but the sun's coming out.
UhH2CLz.jpg

SolstiSaturnaliaChristmaKahTide? :D :thumbsup:

Cold here, too.

fKy8l7l.jpg

- Stuart

A fine-looking pair Stuart :) :thumbsup:

That Primble is a stunner !

Thanks pal, really pleased with it :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - What a great looking Primble.:thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Linus the well traveled Ebony Lamb Foot(on the left)with his new discovered “23 and me” Mishpocha.
View attachment 1252861

Terrific Trio Harvey, and a fab pic :cool: :thumbsup:

The Primble seems to be smiling, Jack. By the way, the horehound candies are gluten-free and fat-free and, since they are "medicinal, guilt-free.

I'm smiling too Stuart :) Thanks again my friend :) I noticed that about the candies! :D They are very moreish, I had to put the bag in my coat pocket in the hall yesterday, to stop me eating them all! :D :thumbsup:

That’s the Christmas spirit!:confused:

It might be old age Jeff! :eek: I noticed I had made two payments this time last year, but I must have bought a membership for someone else rather than myself! :D Thanks again to Shawn @Wuurwulf for his generosity, and for saving me a day messing around with my Google and BF settings :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Lazy day in Colorado. Went with the kids to their church (very nice~ much bigger than ours back home, chock full of young families, which is heartening).
The weather is stunning ~ pushing 70 in the sun/cool in the shade.
I’m paying the price for pushing it on our hike the other day. The doc warned me about that too soon after surgery. Oh well, lazy day, taking turns holding the 4 month old.View attachment 1253075
And no tv! Surprisingly just fine without it.View attachment 1253054I call this 72 whittler in a bird house.

Great pics Jeff :) :thumbsup:

I went on a long hike after church today. Here are the knives I carried.

My TC Barlow was with me both at church and on the hike.

View attachment 1253057
The Texas Jack cooled off in the snow.

View attachment 1253058
When I went over the rope bridge, I was sorely tempted to use my BladeForums Rope knife.

View attachment 1253062

Fab photos of that fine threesome Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

We drove 8 hours in torrential rain today and it's still raining! :( It’s supposed to stop sometime tomorrow morning. I got my new 2019 Forum knives in the mail yesterday but I could only manage a quick glance. They will be waiting on me when I get home. I’ve had this Lambsfoot Bigun in PD Stag in my pocket today! :)

49018926326_20a4de9988_o_d.jpg

Seems to have been raining a lot all over the northern hemisphere this year o_O Nice to see that one Ron :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!! Your new Primble pairs up nicely with your HHB; interesting named candy too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ, the Primble and the candy were a thoughtful gift from Stuart @Duckdog :) :thumbsup:

Starting out the week with a bit of scouting; a 30s Remington BSA scout and a much needed waterproof match safe. :)

Love that match safe JJ, it's the ideal partner for your Remington Scout :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start, and that you're all in a holiday mood :) Thought I'd carry these two again today :) :thumbsup:

y6loile.jpg

3WBxBPx.jpg

Starting out the week with a bit of scouting; a 30s Remington BSA scout and a much needed waterproof match safe. :)

Great scout!!! You and I are of similar mind today. My RS3333 is one of my two favorite camp knives. An absolute work of art in every way. I'll be carrying it for the rest of the week, with Christmas quickly approaching. It's the sort of knife that every young boy once dreamt of getting as a Christmas present, after thumbing thorough the ads in Boys' Life magazine for the thousanth time.

Q6qszLFh.jpg

They will find and send you some shields, but then you have to put them in straight by yourself. They recommend superglue. Epoxy is probably better, but it's messier, and if you have fine motor challenges...
Predicted high of 55 here today! Down to 40 on Sunday.
I like the way epoxy gives you more time to adjust the shield before it sets. Hate superglue. It can get brittle with age, and I have to wear latex gloves that I can slip out of when I glue my hand to the table. :eek:
I was in Venice in 1967, and we saw the waterlines from the previous year's flood, which I believe was the record until this year. Before we left they had put up those sawhorse boardwalks. It was kind of exciting to see such high water where it should have been dry, but kind of rough on the buildings and the residents.
I can't find my gondola shaped knife, so this will have to do.
wBS192R.jpg

I'm not actually carrying the Sino-Venetian choo-choo.
CZpFXV4.jpg
I read somewhere that they were trying to calculate how much and at what rate Venice has sunk. They couldn't find written records going back very far, and someone had the brilliant idea of going to the museums to look at the water level depicted in the old paintings. :cool::thumbsup:
SolstiSaturnaliaChristmaKahTide? :D
And Festivus, of course!

Today I've got the new Forum knife and this ole butter & molasses.
bVbsZ3C.jpg
2K72LLZ.jpg

Back