What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Pulled this one out for the afternoon.
2pwxm1q.jpg

A beauty Gev! A name not commonly seen my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:
Thank you fine sir !! Have a great weekend my friend :D:thumbsup:

Heavy pockets today. Case/Bose Lockback Whittler, Larry Withrow in CTS-XHP, and Charlie Bell in CPM154.

IMG-20200131-110145.jpg
What a trio :eek::eek::eek: That lockback....swoon :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ebony on top
African Blackwood on bottom

Oid5ahw.jpg
Another fine pairing !!!

Bagels and Lox and olives...gone to heaven right there !!! Super images

take a bite...read Bromfield.....mmmmm;);) turn pages with the Waynorth............the code of wholeness

View attachment 1273962
This thing definitely needs to get more pocket time. Such a great one!
Brass bonanza, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

These today . Gifts from a couple of friends. One from New Zealand and North Dakota . Two special knives to me .
Harry
Congrats on special knives and specialer friends! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

1972 Case barehead two bladed jack, and a 2029 Case barlow that I just received.

Oh, and it's not easy to try to take a picture with a nosy cat poking its head in the frame all the time.

Aat6Ug1.jpg
What could be better than a pic with a couple of Cases and a cat? ;):thumbsup::cool:
Unless it's a pic of a Douk-Douk and a dog, below! :D:cool::thumbsup:
...View attachment 1274028
I'm sure I've worn out posting the douk douk, but that's my normal carry. Thought I'd shake things up and show it with one of the dogs, I'll try to get one with the beagle next time we're out chasing bunnies.

Thank you, Gary. It was one of my first blade grinding, shield scrimming projects and I was insufferably proud of myself. :D

It is a monster, although somewhat accentuated by perspective in that photo. ;)
Your pride was probably somewhat accentuated by perspective! :thumbsup::D

Thanks Gary! I didn't know they existed either although that isn't saying much. I ran across it by pure accident.
:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two Schatt & Morgan knives that I'm carrying today.View attachment 1274032
Both nice, but the one on the right, and its sheath, really grabbed my attention! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Don't tempt me, I've looked at it several times. ;):D
You know you'll feel like you're "Back in the Saddle Again" if you get a Gene Autry knife. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wife is gone to take oldest to dinner (he’s23) so jr (he’s3) is tolerating me in my lap. He does seem to like the Dunlap as much as I do.

View attachment 1274054
He's got both hands full of good stuff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a sweet little pen knife, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. That’s a lovely pen.,Wonderful covers.
Very nice choices today Gary, your LF&C is a real peach!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, John & Harvey & JJ. :) I think the covers on the LF&C are called waterfall celluloid, but I could be way off base with that.

Trapper Totin' Tuesday, anyone??
- Stuart
I'll just watch you tote yours, Stuart; you tote trappers much better than I do (and the trappers you tote are usually better than mine)! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, that sounds like an interesting project :thumbsup:

Three Goodies there ;) :thumbsup:
Having to rush a bit this morning, as I'm behind schedule, but I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and the John Primble English Jack D Duckdog very generously gifted me recently :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words, Jack. :) My "checkering project" would be even more interesting if I actually went beyond the planning stage. :rolleyes:
HHB against the blue sky is very cheerful, and that Primble is primo! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today with SAK alox old cross (KL 89).;):thumbsup:
Excellent Old Cross SAK, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

These two for me today.
Splendid "whiter shade of pale" pair! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT! Yep, I found them at the knife show. The scout jumped out at me, from a case that had dozens of scout patterns. Rick @Railsplitter said "you have to buy that" after seeing it. The Winchester is also a beauty, and one of the few sowbelly examples that I have. In fact, carrying both of them today :).
A pair to be proud of, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I saw Rick's photo of the case of scouts you found yours in; you must have the eyes of an eagle! ;)

Schrade USA 61 OT
That knife is like the "Girl from Ipanema" in the song: tall and tan and young and lovely! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (maybe not so young anymore, but age is all relative)

Thanks!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: no way! I’m from Hudsonville about 20 mins outside of GR. What a small world! Are there any knife shows other than the normal gun/knife shows around here? I find the Gun/knife shows are mainly gun focused.
Thanks to a forum member I was finally able to pick up a black jack near release price! So that’s riding shotgun with the 78 today. In a new black KSF buffalo pocket slip which seems much nicer than the older brown one I have.
HuY0qMt.jpg
Congrats on the new Black Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I used to occasionally stop at the Tractor Supply in Hudsonville to check out their knife display, but I don't think I ever bought a knife there. I'm not aware of knife shows other than the Grand Rapids Gun & Knife Show that comes around 3 or 4 times a year lately. I haven't been to that since they moved to the north side of town, so I don't know if it's different than when it was on 28th Street. I attended it several times in the old location, and even though it's much more about guns than knives, as you noted, I've bought some knives I like at that show. These all came from there (also a Vic Champion and a Vic Huntsman, not pictured):
bothopen.TL29.jpg
colonial.tl29.sharper.jpg
imp.equalend.dock.jpg
remington.canoe.buoy.jpg
case.stag.mark.open.jpg
minichamp.4open.jpg
explorer.top.open.jpg

Nice stag on your RR copperhead, Gary.
Thanks, Dean. :)

- GT

Nice pairing Rachel, I thought the Stockyard Whittler looked like a very useful pattern :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. It's one of my favorite blade combinations.
Your pride was probably somewhat accentuated by perspective! :thumbsup::D
It's all in how you look at it. ;)
Decided to do the Peanut Program today- new ground for me but I have some heavier arn on my hip as a backup. Got this puppy a little edgy and maybe it will be good for something.View attachment 1275491 View attachment 1275493 View attachment 1275494
:cool::thumbsup:

Back