What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Looks like you should wear a Tuxedo when you carry those two nice black ones together Ron.

Harry
Thanks Harry! :) The last time I wore a Tux was Senior Prom! :eek: But I did enjoy it quite well the best I can remember! ;)

;) :thumbsup:

H5CyLzN.jpg

Hope all you true romantics have had a lovely evening, and that it's the start of a fantastic weekend ;) :thumbsup:

SLswfyo.jpg
Your Hartshead suits ole Blackbeard quite well Jack! :thumbsup: Cool photo! :cool: Hope you had a good day my friend! :)

Thanks! Not sure why, but it is the smoothest knife I own as far as the blades opening and closing. And that’s all three blades. The Spey blade extends more straight out of the knife, which I prefer, compared to some others.

559-C9-C58-7-E1-F-4-B79-9833-B70-CF9-B7-E89-F.jpg

I was wondering when we'd see that one in the tote thread. :D

All of my bone 861's are smooth, but the one that I have carried and used is one of the smoothest operating knives I own. It's like greased ice, and snaps so crisp.

Reactions: 315
I was wondering when we'd see that one in the tote thread

I’m off on Fridays so the larger knives get their turn. If I had a big enough slip to protect them I’d carry some of the 4 inch stockmans every now and then. The extra stuff I carry at work would beat them up more than I care for.

I’m off on Fridays so the larger knives get their turn. If I had a big enough slip to protect them I’d carry some of the 4 inch stockmans every now and then. The extra stuff I carry at work would beat them up more than I care for.

Days off are nice for carrying the really good stuff! Stuff that is almost too nice to use. (How silly is that, huh? :D)

I used to like slips for my nicest knives a few years ago and then became fairly anti-slip because I thought they were slow to get the knife in and out of and are bulky in pocket.

A few moths ago I started trying one of the large bison leather slips that came with a GEC I bought from KSF. The slip has a cutout at the top that makes it very easy to get the knife in and out while the slip stays in place. It's also thin. I started carrying one in the usual back pocket spot next to the wallet. Now I really like that method for carrying particular knives such as really nice vintage bone schrades and other really nice condition knives with bone handles. The slip isn't for everything but I like having the protection for particular knives. It's a little easier on my mind (especially at work) to protect those old bones and that slip carried in the back pocket is like it's not even there as far as ease of use.

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Marbles with ram's horn covers:
View attachment 1283565

Regular Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider Eureka stockman:
View attachment 1283566

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider lockback canoe:
View attachment 1283567

Extravagant Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider 4 5/8" closed pearl gunboat:
View attachment 1283577

- GT

The vastness of your collection is always awe inspiring GT. Thank you for sharing...

;) :thumbsup:

H5CyLzN.jpg

Thanks Tom ;) :D :thumbsup:

Well done Barrett, hard having to do that in the middle of the night :thumbsup: That's a cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope all you true romantics have had a lovely evening, and that it's the start of a fantastic weekend ;) :thumbsup:

SLswfyo.jpg

Is that Blackbeard? Or perhaps Sir Francis Drake?. Either way a smashing picture Jack.
1581728231388754339153.jpg
Spent the day pushing some snow then in the shop working on trucks... These were in the pockets doing it all, stripping wire, opening packages and the like.

The vastness of your collection is always awe inspiring GT. Thank you for sharing...

Is that Blackbeard? Or perhaps Sir Francis Drake?. Either way a smashing picture Jack.
View attachment 1283878
Spent the day pushing some snow then in the shop working on trucks... These were in the pockets doing it all, stripping wire, opening packages and the like.

Our local high school where both my kids went is named after Sir Francis Drake....one of the best bets for his West Coast shipwreck is "Drakes Bay" which ain't far from where I live...there is a knife in there, so a proper post!

Our local high school where both my kids went is named after Sir Francis Drake....one of the best bets for his West Coast shipwreck is "Drakes Bay" which ain't far from where I live...there is a knife in there, so a proper post!

Twenty years ago or so, the best clam chower we’ve had was whipped up by the cook at that little cafe on the beach. Haven’t been back for years. Supposing it’s still there.

That's a beautiful pattern JJ, reminds me that I'm overdue to slip one in my own pocket :) Maybe at the weekend, but today, I'm carrying a couple of my SFOs :) Happy Valentine's Day folks, and have a great weekend :thumbsup:

ZrV0VaB.jpg

oxlaTgx.jpg
Thank you very much, Jack!!! Looks like you're all set for a little "off handed" grouse hunt with your 2 fabulous SFO lambs; if a slingshot doesn't get them, a steam locomotive surely will! (Btw, looking forward to your shadow!:)) :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:
Lovely Valentines Day image Gev; better than a bouquet!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
Very nice !
Thanks Steve!!! Great pairing; your tough old Case could show that young turk GEC a thing or two!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
What a tasty pair you have today; a fabulous elder Sheffield gentleman with a sweet young Valentine treat!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
That's just a hilarious shot; Blackbeard's new lamb-sword!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

A good day to crank up the oven.
45Q1NOw.jpg

That looks great Dave :thumbsup:

Your Hartshead suits ole Blackbeard quite well Jack! :thumbsup: Cool photo! :cool: Hope you had a good day my friend! :)

Thanks pal, you too Ron, and I hope you have a smashing weekend :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

That picture gets three thumbs up. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks shipmate ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1283878

Thanks Willie, t's Blackbeard, but I think Drake was the more successful pirate ;) Sounds like a hard day my friend, hope you get a chance to put your feet up this weekend :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Jack!!! Looks like you're all set for a little "off handed" grouse hunt with your 2 fabulous SFO lambs; if a slingshot doesn't get them, a steam locomotive surely will! (Btw, looking forward to your shadow!:)) :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

That's just a hilarious shot; Blackbeard's new lamb-sword!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ :D The Blackbeard pic is left over from International Talk Like a Pirate Day, which JohnDF JohnDF suggested we celebrate in the Guardians thread :) :thumbsup:

Thought I'd tote a couple large Schatt's for Saturday, a Daddy Barlow and Jumbo Gunstock Stockman. :)

Two aces there buddy :) :thumbsup:

I didn't think I'd get a chance to step in here this morning, but thought I'd cast my shadow ;) This Sleeveboard was made in Sheffield for a Liverpool factor by the name of Kelly. Pairing it with my Hartshead Barlow ;) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

hSVOGAa.jpg

PZ4a3Z6.jpg

Back