What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Maybe you should try a Buck 301 made by Schrade - BUCK 301 [1966]... Ken
source

Last edited:
Nice Krein! He did a very artistic fade from the full thickness into the swedge.
Is that bone? At first I thought stag...
Thanks, Jeff. It's bone stag, I guess they call it. It's his TK-11 B&T. Nice little fixed blade, and the CPM-D2 is a pretty nice steel. I like the swedge too, very nicely done.
I have a few of Tom's knives, and have let a few get away from me. They are/were all excellent.

Still stuck on my Hartshead Barlow here, and pairing it with an Old Friend today :) Have a good Friday folks :thumbsup:

dEqHqHo.jpg

iqBM06b.jpg

A fine pair, Jack, and though it's always a pleasure to see your Hartshead, I'm really enjoying looking at that I-XL!

That's one you don't see come up too often. My daughter would go bananas over that.

Happy Friday, folks!

0eLXkJP.jpg

Okay! Okay! ;) I know it’s not Wednesday, but I’m totin’ these two today! :D Y’all have a great day! :thumbsup:

49556844047_f3a26717d3_c_d.jpg

Ron, that big Jack knife of yours is one of my favorites that I've seen posted on the site. I know I've seen it here before and it stuck with me then.
Love the dark jigged wood, wenge right?

It really did Ron! It was a very pleasant surprise.
:D :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, it gets better looking with age & use.:thumbsup:

Carried the 29 again today along with a 72 GEC, kicking off the Memorial Day weekend.

View attachment 1345157 View attachment 1345159
OO definitely improves with age! :thumbsup:

Ron, that big Jack knife of yours is one of my favorites that I've seen posted on the site. I know I've seen it here before and it stuck with me then.
Love the dark jigged wood, wenge right?
Thanks a lot Greg! That’s quite a compliment my friend! It’s a #53 Furtaker Trapper and it is Jigged Wenge Wood! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you very much JJ, those two go well together, couple of great-looking Reds :thumbsup:

Still stuck on my Hartshead Barlow here, and pairing it with an Old Friend today :) Have a good Friday folks :thumbsup:

dEqHqHo.jpg

iqBM06b.jpg
Thank you very much Jack!!!
A very fine Spring day image of your HHB, along with your classic IXL lamb, they make a wonderful Friday pair!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
LOL...a fine compliment ! I really enjoy the knife and its little brother gifted to me by Paul :D You have been knocking out of the park with your posts and both the Case and Eureka are eye candy today !!:p Thank you
Thank you very kindly, Gev!!!
Old Friend

29522429440_c013977d0c_b.jpg
It's always a treat to see one of your marvelous old friends; lovely remnants of a golden cutlery era!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gorgeous hafts on both your red boned jacks. Great image.
Thanks a bunch, Harvey!!!
J. Milner&Co. Lambfoot&Pen, Sheffield.
851df6f5-e51c-437a-8c06-461290e67ff1-jpeg.1345047

Cognet Douk Douk - Le Thiers style.
bf6d8e0d-1dab-4f83-9bd1-f0921649c6d3-jpeg.1345048
An amazing and unique pair for you today; love those covers on your J. Milner & Co and I'm fascinated by your Le Thiers Douk-Douk, very cool all around!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lives up to its name ! Looks like the ticket. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gev, I've had it about 2-3 years now, and am really pleased with it. I should get one of the wooden-handled ones, and get a better sheath made for it really :)

Thank you, Pal. An interesting and fine pairing of your Hartshead and Alox SA. What a sweet 1-XL.

J. Milner&Co. Lambfoot&Pen, Sheffield.
View attachment 1345047

Cognet Douk Douk - Le Thiers style.
View attachment 1345048

Thanks a lot Harvey, gorgeous Milner, and that's a very interesting Cognet, I've not seen that model before :cool: :thumbsup:

A fine pair, Jack, and though it's always a pleasure to see your Hartshead, I'm really enjoying looking at that I-XL!

That's one you don't see come up too often. My daughter would go bananas over that.

Happy Friday, folks!

0eLXkJP.jpg

Many thanks Dylan, it's a shame it has the other foot! :D ;) Lovely photo there :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Jack!!!
A very fine Spring day image of your HHB, along with your classic IXL lamb, they make a wonderful Friday pair!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

A beefy five bladed German wearing stag for today. :)

Thank you kindly JJ, that's a wonderfully chunky pocketful of staggy goodness my friend :) :thumbsup:

My Hartshead Barlow is making me into a dull boy! :eek: :D Inspired by cigarrodog cigarrodog , I thought I'd pair it with this Cognet Ecureuil :) Have a great weekend folks :thumbsup:

q72dQhE.jpg

UH2mL9p.jpg

Back