What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

uS8w6Tf.jpg

Can you make a recommendation?
One available stateside, won’t break the bank (<$55 USD), and of acceptable fit and finish.
I would recommend that you communicate with Jack Black Jack Black for his thoughts on suppliers of lambfoot knives. I cost wasn't a factor I would look for a Waynorth Cutlery Lambfoot made by GEC. Other than that the fit and finish can be hit or miss for those knives made in Sheffield. But again, I defer to Jack on his perspective regarding the purchase of a lambfoot.

Uno teeny tiny itty bitty change.
I just swapped the 2015 standard production Buck 110 for my August, 2020 Web Special Buck 110, equipped with real genuine solid actual Ebony scales, real polished to fingerprint and smudge magnet status genuine actual brass bolsters and liners, and not so long ago latest and greatest best thing since sliced bread "everyone's" favorite gotta have it S30V "super steel" (clip point) blade inna genuine bovine "type two" black leather belt sheath/pouch.

(Please refer to post 117341 for picture/photo)

The (large) Rough Ryder Stockman, Marbles "Demo Knife", and GEC/Northfield UN-X-LD Harness Jack remain the same.

(Please refer to post 117341 for picture/photo)

Please try to stay warm and dry, and avoid earthquakes, sink holes, wild fires, blizzards, tornados, hurricanes, hungry vampire mosquitos and flies, sand storms, tsunami, sun burn, coffee and/or tea prepared how you don't like it, those killer tomatoes, over cooked tuna, murderous carrots, and them crazed Gerbils bent on world conquest, when you be with Anna Bout today.

Last edited:
That Patina is awesome :thumbsup:

I'm very flattered to hear that :cool: But you know, it was only done by cutting up fruits and raw veggies from time to time and rinsing it under boiling tapwater:) The reward of patience ;) I could have hoarded it in the tube and now demand a huge sum for alleged MIT :rolleyes: But, I believe I made the right choice.

Thanks, Will

Can you make a recommendation?
One available stateside, won’t break the bank (<$55 USD), and of acceptable fit and finish.

I would recommend that you communicate with Jack Black Jack Black for his thoughts on suppliers of lambfoot knives. I cost wasn't a factor I would look for a Waynorth Cutlery Lambfoot made by GEC. Other than that the fit and finish can be hit or miss for those knives made in Sheffield. But again, I defer to Jack on his perspective regarding the purchase of a lambfoot.

Thanks Bill :thumbsup: I'd be happy to try and help if you send me a PM Peter, questions about buying are best answered privately to avoid violating the sub-forum guidelines. I'd certainly recommend the Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot if you can find one though :thumbsup:

My most often carried traditional knife with me today.
eDrXk8f.jpg

Nice to see you eating well too Gary ;) :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Thanks to Miss Eleanor drawing my name from the hat, I was the lucky winner of the Beaver Tail in Barrett’s GAW! :D :thumbsup:

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that, great giveaway :) :thumbsup:

I can certainly see why; your HHB is one fine pocket tote!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, I don't think I've ever had a knife take over my pocket like this before. I certainly don't want the other knives getting jealous! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

I'll be pocketing it again tomorrow I reckon :thumbsup:

ENiobkS.jpg

Thanks, guys! The breakfast was good. The amazing thing is, I made it myself!:D

I never grow tired of carrying the Lloyd trapper.
Nothing wrong with a man being able to prepare a good meal. :thumbsup: I usually do our breakfast every morning while Pam is getting ready for work! The least I can do is to fix her a good breakfast! ;) I often looked for a Lloyd like yours but I’ve never found one! :)

Nothing wrong with a man being able to prepare a good meal. :thumbsup: I usually do our breakfast every morning while Pam is getting ready for work! The least I can do is to fix her a good breakfast! ;) I often looked for a Lloyd like yours but I’ve never found one! :)
Breakfast is usually my domain, Ron. My wife makes dinner, except for outdoor grilling. We used to dine out fairly often, but haven't in awhile now.

I lucked out 4 years ago, when I jumped on that Lloyd on the Exchange. I don't think I've seen another like it either.

Back