1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

Reaper AL, Laurelbb, ISKRA and 38 others like this.
  2. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Sweet Cattle punch ! Looks like a Camillus made knife to me. Probably from the late 40's would be my guess.

20200917_070850.jpg

3. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much Jeff . Much appreciated my friend . Nice to see that your Lambfoot is getting some use .
    @half/st
    @Half/Stop Ron : Thanks for the good wishes my friend . We will be leaving here in 2 hours and heading on down the road for about 7 hours . Nice looking knives and beverage holder that you are using today .
    I have the same old pieces of Stag attired sharp cutting devices in my pockets today as yesterday .

Harry

Amir Fleschwund and EngrSorenson like this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  5. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    One of us will be carrying the Wrattler today...
    [​IMG]

6. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    Man, that's a sweet knife, John! :thumbsup:

7. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, buddy!
    The ebony Churchill is so old timey classic!

Jack Black and EngrSorenson like this.
  8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Marvelous stag EO #85, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the help identifying the cover material of that Case Barlow, Dean; my eyes aren't what they used to be. :rolleyes:
    Thanks also for the canittler bone compliment. :)
    Your Ancient looks aristocratic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sublime cattle knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the good words, JJ. :)

A half-dozen delightful blades! I especially like the bottom knife with the big spearpoint! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Definitely a desirable duo, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hey, I'm surprised to find I have no more quotes compiled here! I was expecting a whole boatload more, but technology gives and technology takes away.:(

- GT

RDaneel, paulhilborn and K33ncutter like this.
  9. llKRAKENll

llKRAKENll Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2017
    Thanks Steve. The tang stamp confirms its a Keen Kutter with an EC Simmons stamp. I’ve seen a pic of an early 1900 Stockman that is somewhat similar but haven’t found the exact match yet

SteveC likes this.
  10. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    That's correct, Simmons Hardware didn't make their own knives but contracted them from knife companies like Camillus under the KeenKutter brand name.

guy g and Cutfinger like this.
  11. JonMcD

JonMcD

Jan 1, 2020
    Rain all day here, but still needing Thursday to be productive. Got the 93 and a new to me Craftsman 4” stockman today. My father-in-law is in town and gave me this stockman he picked up for me because he knows I love these knives. It don’t suck to have good people in yer life!

[​IMG]

12. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today in my pocket I carry this Portuguese J.M.P.-Especiosa in horn.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Still no snow. Day 27 with the 29 :D
    [​IMG]

14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you very much. :)

15. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    019DA318-BDB3-468A-9919-DAA57711C232.jpeg 0A31E763-7CBC-41AD-B456-3CE1ED092EFD.jpeg Good morning! Today I have a High Carbon premium cattle and a pattern I keep coming back to, a TL-29.
    Also, the closest thing in my pockets to an everyday carry~ one of my Wengers.

Maybe I should just stick to TL-29s!! Never been burned on one of them when buying on the internet, even though I have dozens. There’s just something so straightforward and honest about this pattern.
    I bought this one for less than $10, thinking it was going to become a one blade jack in elk or bone. Well, looking at it last night, I realized I can’t do it. It’s basically virgin~ the bolster has a spot, but the blades~ never sharpened, never used. Until now:D
    And truth be told, there’s just no way I could improve this knife.

Which is all a lead up to a request for help. Some months ago, a member posted in this thread~ maybe 6 months or more ago. He is not a frequent poster. He spoke of having served in the armed forces, carried a TL-29, and wished he still had one. Well, I want to send him one, so if anyone remembers that poster, or if he’s reading this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
    @Peregrin ~ if this is the wrong thread for this, pls let me know. It was in this thread that the member posted, so I thought this might be the best place for him to see it.

16. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    That’s a high quality stockman, Jon. I had one, and gave it to my son for Christmas, along with a SAK, and a Camillus TL-29. I figured with just those three, a guy could be set for life.

Take good care of the 93, and you’ll be passing it on to one of your boys before you know it.

guy g, Cutfinger and EngrSorenson like this.
  17. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Thanks, GT! Need to work on putting a better edge on the spearpoint blade and start carrying the knife. :D

18. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks for the compliment Gary and that exact same thing has happened to me before where poof! it's done disappeared:mad::)

Quiet likes this.
  19. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    These two again for work. The small Tinker is always with me as well as a lockback. Usually a 5OT.
    [​IMG]

20. hose56

hose56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Cooler weather means camping. CAMP BIG !!!!
    SDC15714.JPG