What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

PAthDYZ.jpg

Safe travels to you and Miss Nancy, and give Ron and Pam a safe elbow bump from me.
Thank you very much Jeff . Much appreciated my friend . Nice to see that your Lambfoot is getting some use .
@half/st
@Half/Stop Ron : Thanks for the good wishes my friend . We will be leaving here in 2 hours and heading on down the road for about 7 hours . Nice looking knives and beverage holder that you are using today .
I have the same old pieces of Stag attired sharp cutting devices in my pockets today as yesterday .

Harry

+1 on that :thumbsup:

Great pic of your wonderful Lambsfoot and that bountiful harvest Jeff :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, buddy!
I got my yard work finished yesterday so I’m planning to just take it easy today. ;) I’ve already had my breakfast of bacon, fried eggs and biscuits. I’m on my second cup of coffee and I’ve got my Tidioute #35 Ebony Churchill and my Wright’s large Ironwood Lambsfoot close at hand! It’s raining and the weather is cooler here too! Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

49646930608_837ea95f43_c_d.jpg
The ebony Churchill is so old timey classic!

Fine day out at the country place today but severe storms predicted for tomorrow :eek: Was giving this Stag some time it deserves.
Marvelous stag EO #85, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you for your comments, Gary. The covers on the Barlow are called Deep Canyon Bone by Case, this one was done in an Autumn color.

I have commented before, but I'll say again that the color of the tobacco bone on your canittler is exquisite. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the help identifying the cover material of that Case Barlow, Dean; my eyes aren't what they used to be. :rolleyes:
Thanks also for the canittler bone compliment. :)
Your Ancient looks aristocratic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I may just stick with this a while. It has the functionality I need and pretty old bones that make me happy. Quite a little pocket razor.

View attachment 1419535 View attachment 1419536
Sublime cattle knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very kindly, Gary!!!

These three beauties should add nicely to your cool standard carry!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the good words, JJ. :)

A 6391 and a 6392. Two for Tuesday.
A half-dozen delightful blades! I especially like the bottom knife with the big spearpoint! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying Lamb and Bull today;)
K55pr8.jpg
Definitely a desirable duo, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hey, I'm surprised to find I have no more quotes compiled here! I was expecting a whole boatload more, but technology gives and technology takes away.:(

- GT

A friend gave me this Keen Kutter in rusty condition. Cleaned it up a bit and have been carrying it the last couple days. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the history of this antique?
Sweet Cattle punch ! Looks like a Camillus made knife to me. Probably from the late 40's would be my guess.

View attachment 1420401
Thanks Steve. The tang stamp confirms its a Keen Kutter with an EC Simmons stamp. I’ve seen a pic of an early 1900 Stockman that is somewhat similar but haven’t found the exact match yet

Thanks Steve. The tang stamp confirms its a Keen Kutter with an EC Simmons stamp. I’ve seen a pic of an early 1900 Stockman that is somewhat similar but haven’t found the exact match yet

That's correct, Simmons Hardware didn't make their own knives but contracted them from knife companies like Camillus under the KeenKutter brand name.

View attachment 1420419View attachment 1420421 Good morning! Today I have a High Carbon premium cattle and a pattern I keep coming back to, a TL-29.
Also, the closest thing in my pockets to an everyday carry~ one of my Wengers.

Maybe I should just stick to TL-29s!! Never been burned on one of them when buying on the internet, even though I have dozens. There’s just something so straightforward and honest about this pattern.
I bought this one for less than $10, thinking it was going to become a one blade jack in elk or bone. Well, looking at it last night, I realized I can’t do it. It’s basically virgin~ the bolster has a spot, but the blades~ never sharpened, never used. Until now:D
And truth be told, there’s just no way I could improve this knife.

Which is all a lead up to a request for help. Some months ago, a member posted in this thread~ maybe 6 months or more ago. He is not a frequent poster. He spoke of having served in the armed forces, carried a TL-29, and wished he still had one. Well, I want to send him one, so if anyone remembers that poster, or if he’s reading this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
@Peregrin ~ if this is the wrong thread for this, pls let me know. It was in this thread that the member posted, so I thought this might be the best place for him to see it.

Rain all day here, but still needing Thursday to be productive. Got the 93 and a new to me Craftsman 4” stockman today. My father-in-law is in town and gave me this stockman he picked up for me because he knows I love these knives. It don’t suck to have good people in yer life!

That’s a high quality stockman, Jon. I had one, and gave it to my son for Christmas, along with a SAK, and a Camillus TL-29. I figured with just those three, a guy could be set for life.

Take good care of the 93, and you’ll be passing it on to one of your boys before you know it.

Marvelous stag EO #85, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the help identifying the cover material of that Case Barlow, Dean; my eyes aren't what they used to be. :rolleyes:
Thanks also for the canittler bone compliment. :)
Your Ancient looks aristocratic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sublime cattle knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the good words, JJ. :)

A half-dozen delightful blades! I especially like the bottom knife with the big spearpoint! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Definitely a desirable duo, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hey, I'm surprised to find I have no more quotes compiled here! I was expecting a whole boatload more, but technology gives and technology takes away.:(

- GT
Thanks for the compliment Gary and that exact same thing has happened to me before where poof! it's done disappeared:mad::)

Back