What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks Gary! Those 4 are a very versatile and capable quartet my friend! :) :thumbsup:
5K Qs 5K Qs Thanks! It’s a pretty nice example of well matched scales from Case. I really like your core 4. Great choices, lots of useful utility.
I always enjoy seeing your Eternals my friend :) :thumbsup:
Excellent selection of knives to carry during the week, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, Gary. I do have a few Case knives. :) I always like to see your EDC x4 group; and two of them are personalized!
Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)
3 of the 4 knives were chosen for sentimental reasons, but as a group they do turn out to be very versatile and useful.

Thanks GT! I’d bet if I did what I was supposed to do more often I wouldn’t be as good at whittling :D:p.

I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that Rough Ryder you have pictured what has Euler’s identity on it. Math and knives (and beer and cars) are some of my favorite things.:thumbsup:
5K Qs,
Euler's Identity on a knife scale is just awesome. I have to find one.
Gotta prioritize your time usage, I guess. ;)
That little Rough Rider stockman with Euler's Identity scrimshawed on the handle is a thoughtful gift from a BF member with the talent/skills to do it. One of my favorite knives because it represents bringing together in a single artifact my life's vocation and a recent "golden years" avocation. :thumbsup::):cool:

Then it would be a Sowbelly. :p
Yeah!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Z7yZMsb.jpg

My pockets for today, SAK in a sheath on the belt, Modified Opinel 8 in my left, and my TC forum knife in the right. Thanks again Rachel! I used that #15 (and only the #15) to carve the heart key below for my wife. Made out of a scrap of poplar I had laying around. <Just> in time for midnight!
Cool Opinel mod! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Did you add a "safety pin" to the handle and notch the blade to fit over it when closed? I admire the whittled heart key, too! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you kindly Gary :) I'd like to tell you that's the FIRST sign of dementia :rolleyes: I'm not sure what happened there! :eek: I MEANT to carry the big ebony, but that Hartshead Barlow just keeps jumping in my pocket! ;) It did the same today, when I actually meant to carry my Charlie Lamb! :eek: Maybe I should hide it in the sock-drawer for a while :rolleyes:
I'm having trouble remembering the signs of dementia, now that they're relevant. :(:rolleyes:
Those HHBs seem to have disturbing independent streaks! :eek:;)

Here's another old picture, with a glimpse of the wrap-around spring. :)
ajOovZA.jpg
Thanks for the additional pic of your teardrop under attack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT, that knife really has some nice action to it. I'm slowly adjusting in my left eye, have a follow-up appointment in an hour, there are other issues in my eyes besides new lens (right eye procedure on 9/23 - hoping the left can do the work by then!) OH
A 2-week gap between cataract procedures seems quite standard; hope it all goes well for you! Most folks are VERY happy with the results, I think. :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

That Italian sodbuster looks good! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm carrying my Boker Barlow today.

View attachment 1418860
Your Böker Barlow with the beguiling bone and bolster is breathtaking! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

New to me Camillus 69 and a Eureka Jack

Em8iZiP.jpg
Congrats on your new Camillus stockman, Steve; slender and superb!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, much appreciated:thumbsup: As for the Stag, I can strongly recommend that too ;)

2Y5xmF3.jpg
Striking pair of knives, Will! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Love that mellow yellow duo, Dee! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

You remind me of a missed opportunity today. I was just a wee bit late to pick up some new roadkill. Well, ok. Maybe a few days late.
I even had my Schrade Improved Muskrat.
Ok, I probably didn’t need the knife. Like I said, maybe a few days.
Anyway, I missed out because some buzzards beat me to it. And there was more of them than me.
:D:D You spin a good yarn, Jeff!

For Tuesday:
Cws67jY.jpg

Rosewood Harsthead Barlow lambsfoot, a Jack Black Jack Black SFO. Unexpected but welcome gift from @Modoc ED.
Same, but in stag. Thanks, Ed!
EvecI1c.jpg
Congrats on the new lambsfoot Hartshead Barlows, Vince & Rachel; kudos to @Modoc ED for his generosity!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the Black Box Winchester, Joshua! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I hope you're drying out down there.

Today with Case mini trapper in stag and blue scroll on blade.;):thumbsup:
... ...
Excellent mini trapper, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Went on a hike this morning as the weather was pretty nice for a change. I brought my mini Grip with me and my Case mini trapper. Which has veen my main carry for the last few weeks.

The weather was amazing
As the forest I hiked through was close to the North sea you still come across some signs and remnants of ww2. This is part of the Atlantic wall the Germans build during ww2.
Can't wait for Autumn to arrive, might be an even better combination with the orange jigged bone handle.
Exquisite photos, and a handsome knife!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning! I’ve put these in my pocket for today. A Northfield Jigged Bone #48 Improved Trapper is keeping my Wright’s Ebony large Lambsfoot company. Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:
Big, bold pair, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone's week is going OK, so far. Got my Hartshead Barlow, and a Camillus What-A-Knife, gifted to me by Barrett @btb01 , today :) :thumbsup:
Vbyp8t3.jpg
What a knife indeed, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good morning.
Totin these today~ GEC Oregon Trapper, and a well worn, but still tight ‘n snappy High Carbon cattle knife.
View attachment 1419306 View attachment 1419309 And I snagged this one off the kitchen counter because I have some horticultural activities planned.View attachment 1419308
Thrilling threesome, Jeff, especially that Hen & Rooster pruner! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Some days the schedule is tight and you need to maximize all moments if you want to get your porch participation in.

There's a shot we don't often see! :eek::rolleyes:
"I see London.
I see France..."

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs thanks for the inquiry, getting better and better day by day. Looking forward to having these latest improvements all up to speed by deer season - hope to get back that twilight time that is so productive. Speaking of that, its time to pull out the hunting knives (Bucks) and touch up the edges. OH

I'm having trouble remembering the signs of dementia, now that they're relevant. :(:rolleyes:
Those HHBs seem to have disturbing independent streaks! :eek:;)

What a knife indeed, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

We're a shambles my friend! :eek: :D Yeah, think this one is going through it's teenage years! :D Thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

Toting a couple of tough old cocobolo covered slicers today; love that old steel. :)
Putting a spey on a single blade knife?
Genius.
Nice couple of knives there, JJ.

Happy Almost Friday, folks!

JTLKqfn.jpg
Really nice color on bone and briar.
Classic knives, and classic literature~ life is good:thumbsup:

Today I carry in my pocket this wonderful Lion Steel CK edition, in stag, it arrives precisely on my birthday.:D:thumbsup:

Lovely birthday present! But how did they know?:D

Great matched stag there. I like the ambidextrous nail pull.

Last edited:
Good morning! I’m carrying these two big Ebony clad slicers today. I’ve got a Le Thiers par Chambriard Compagnon at 11.5 cm (Thanks Will!) and a Wright’s large Lambsfoot at just a shade over 4” (Thanks Jack!). Y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

50355544971_298e271d49_o_d.jpg

And what a treat it is Jack! ;) Two classy SFO’s! Have a good one my friend! :) :thumbsup:

That's a great way to get into the weekend, Jack.

Thanks a lot fellers :) :thumbsup:

Good morning! I’m carrying these two big Ebony clad slicers today. I’ve got a Le Thiers par Chambriard Compagnon at 11.5 cm (Thanks Will!) and a Wright’s large Lambsfoot at just a shade over 4” (Thanks Jack!). Y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

50355544971_298e271d49_o_d.jpg

Those two make a nice Black Friday pairing Ron :) Have a good day buddy :thumbsup:

Good day for a Case pairing...
It’s been a couple of weeks, so I am due to enjoy the companionship of this 6275 moose from 1975. The blades are a bit worn and stained, but it is such a well-built knife. The snaps and w&t are perfect ~ firm and smooth.
I don’t know how old the electrician is. All it says is CASE XX, and 2031L. I suspect that the blades must have had signs of a life of honest work like the moose, but some goofball internet knife expert/seller had to “fix” it with sandpaper:confused::(
They both got a little touch up on their edges, some oil for their joints, and I treated the wood with a concoction of beeswax and orange oil.View attachment 1421084View attachment 1421085View attachment 1421094

Good day for a Case pairing...
It’s been a couple of weeks, so I am due to enjoy the companionship of this 6275 moose from 1975. The blades are a bit worn and stained, but it is such a well-built knife. The snaps and w&t are perfect ~ firm and smooth.
I don’t know how old the electrician is. All it says is CASE XX, and 2031L. I suspect that the blades must have had signs of a life of honest work like the moose, but some goofball internet knife expert/seller had to “fix” it with sandpaper:confused::(
They both got a little touch up on their edges, some oil for their joints, and I treated the wood with a concoction of beeswax and orange oil.View attachment 1421084View attachment 1421085View attachment 1421094

Nice pair of Case Knives will lots of steel left in the blades for continuing a useful knife-life. I wouldn't worry too much about what the Goof-ball did with the sandpaper either - its as much a part of the lore of that knife as the patina is to the Moose - as long as the steel is still there the knife continues to function. OH

I was thinking the Alpine green 18, but realized I've been pining for the Kutmaster schizoid jack.
7rpvqaH.jpg

rhw5nSP.jpg

For little blades, a little Robeson:
Roes4Pf.jpg

It's smaller than it looks in this macro shot.
And I doubt I'll put away the Martins today. Fortunately, it's jacket weather!
5bnqG64.jpg

Last edited:
Back