What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

iJ0Hmng.jpg

Happy birthday, @Pt-Luso!
Well, premium or not, I think it’s mighty sweet. That’s a thing of beauty, my friend.
I see the shield thieves headed down Austin way after hitting my knife drawer!;)
They make the rounds, don't they? ;) I know they have a taste for Bokers, especially. It's alright, though. I can often get a bargain on a nice old knife that's missing the shield. I hope to get some time to tinker this weekend, as I have plans for that one.
Thanks for the additional pic of your teardrop under attack! :cool::thumbsup:
Full Disclosure: it was a fake news staged photo. :p That 'piller was just walking along peacefully, when I plonked the knife down in his path for the shot.
Congrats on the new lambsfoot Hartshead Barlows, Vince & Rachel; kudos to @Modoc ED for his generosity!! :cool::thumbsup:
Speaking of tinkering this weekend, I may need oil up the Lambsfoots for a new picture of the whole flock.

For today, I'm carrying a Blue SAK (farmer? I can never remember the model names) and an old W.H.Morley.
jJaxAmS.jpg

R99xyPI.jpg

Wondering what my sowbelly stockman is this week? Let me show you - it's a Rough Rider carbon steel sowbelly:
carbsow.mark.closed.flat.chair.jpg

Curious about what my "regular" stockman is this week? It's actually somewhat irregular, being a Case humpback stockman with a spear main (thanks, Mike):
hump.mark.3open.sill.jpg

Are you dying to know what economy canoe I have this week? Wait for it ... the ever-popular Marbles with "damascus etch" blades and stag bone covers:
canoe.stagbone.mark.2open.jpg

Itching to see my premium canoe this week? Feast your eyes on this stag Mohawk canoe from AG Russell by way of Germany:
mohawk.mark.main.jpg

- GT

Wondering what my sowbelly stockman is this week? Let me show you - it's a Rough Rider carbon steel sowbelly:
View attachment 1421141

Curious about what my "regular" stockman is this week? It's actually somewhat irregular, being a Case humpback stockman with a spear main (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 1421150

Are you dying to know what economy canoe I have this week? Wait for it ... the ever-popular Marbles with "damascus etch" blades and stag bone covers:
View attachment 1421152

Itching to see my premium canoe this week? Feast your eyes on this stag Mohawk canoe from AG Russell by way of Germany:
View attachment 1421154

- GT
Like em all Gary but that Mohawk Canoe floats above the falls;):)

View attachment 1421141

View attachment 1421150

View attachment 1421152

View attachment 1421154

- GT

Fine selection GT :cool: :thumbsup:

Like em all Gary but that Mohawk Canoe floats above the falls;):)

Nice turn of phrase Paul :) :thumbsup:

Nice pair of Case Knives will lots of steel left in the blades for continuing a useful knife-life. I wouldn't worry too much about what the Goof-ball did with the sandpaper either - its as much a part of the lore of that knife as the patina is to the Moose - as long as the steel is still there the knife continues to function. OH
Thanks, Bruce! I agree~ the sandpaper scratches don’t make it less useful.
Wishing you well with the cataract removals!
Could be frost tonight.
WFaHLaW.jpg
Hey don’t be throwing around the F word around here!
I have a bed replanted in lettuce, spinach, and arugula that’s only 2” high.
As long as that F holds off, I can get a second cool weather harvest.

I enjoy seeing your harvest and canning efforts, Dave. Last Sat I used up the last of my quart mason jars on another batch of mango salsa.

Took me a while to catch up with this thread. Moving fast!
zJvAhS1.jpg
Today it is a new addition to my Opinel collection. A number 8 with an olive wood handle. Sharpened and stropped right after unboxing. I usually prefer the carbon blades, but I really wanted this olive wood which was only in stock in stainless.
That is gorgeous!

For today:
Cws67jY.jpg

And:
Vh88uRT.jpg

Got some great news today: my order from Fontenille Pataud shipped! It is a Thiers Natural (11.5 cm). Can't wait!

Back