What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Almost Friday! Texas Jack joining the Cowbell today :)

JBBWpa4.jpg

I carried this Case Sod Buster Jr. this week at OHSU in Portland, Oregon this week. It's the only knife I carried (didn't want to worry hospital security too much) on the trip. It turned out to have been a good choice as it sliced the mustard packets for hot dogs while traveling easily.

vm5vaah.jpg

Headed to deer camp with two of my brothers for a couple days of bowhunting. Hellize made fixed blade, A.G. Russell and Maserin folders.
The Maserin rides in the pouch on my quiver, saw blade takes care of small branches interfering with stand placement. If I should get so lucky
as to take a deer I'd like to try the Hellize fixed blade and the Russell folder for skinning chores, both are razor sharp and shaped nicely for
that task IMO. My weekend starts soon, hope you all enjoy your weekends too.:thumbsup:
hunting knives - 1.jpeg

Headed to deer camp with two of my brothers for a couple days of bowhunting. Hellize made fixed blade, A.G. Russell and Maserin folders.
The Maserin rides in the pouch on my quiver, saw blade takes care of small branches interfering with stand placement. If I should get so lucky
as to take a deer I'd like to try the Hellize fixed blade and the Russell folder for skinning chores, both are razor sharp and shaped nicely for
that task IMO. My weekend starts soon, hope you all enjoy your weekends too.:thumbsup:
View attachment 1437442
There is a lot to look at in your outstanding photo my friend . Some fine looking knives . I have wondered about that model of Maserin and also the A.G. Russell . Good luck with your quest for a deer Greg .

Harry

View attachment 1437442
Enjoy and good luck!!

Change of pace ... sorta ...
Brass, Ebony, S30V Buck 110
GEC/Northfield 852211 Harness Jack, number 24 of 35 dressed in burnt stag.
Marbles SPORK (no "MR" number on this one) for the can opener and bottle opener found on my normal scout/camp/utility/demo knife.
(I have a "T" handle ratcheting bit driver in the rollator's tote/shopping bag for the screwdriver.)

View attachment 1437499

Last edited:
Sowbelly Stockman of this week is from Rough Rider:
View attachment 1437161

Regular stockman this week is also from Rough Rider, a red jigged bone medium that I consider an almost perfect stockman:
View attachment 1437163 View attachment 1437164

Budget Canoe of the Week is a very nice RR ram's horn bone model:
View attachment 1437165

Fancy (aka "pimped out") canoe of the week is a RR black lip pearl gunboat canoe:
View attachment 1437166

- GT

That's a quality quartet, Gary! I really like the two RR stockman knives.

Almost Friday! Texas Jack joining the Cowbell today :)

JBBWpa4.jpg

Those are beautiful knives, Mike. The Texas jack is a real treasure.

I also had the AG Russell Woods Walker out today...

Love that sheath! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1437442

Nice setup Greg (and good luck :) )

Low quality photo as I rush out the door for a hunting vacation, looking forward to catching up on this thread next week.

Back