What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

View attachment 1445390 View attachment 1445391

In just a few hours we will literally be in the eye of a hurricane here in southeastern Louisiana. This 35 should be easy to see in the dark! God Speed to all my neighbors and friends! We are tucked in for the night; animals in the barn and generator primed. Oh, and I have a lot of knives ready to use!

Last edited:
A #43 and a Remington Jack both in Cocobolo

Ji7z2Hn.jpg

Small change of pace.
2015 standard production Buck 110.
1960's Ulster Number 10 Barlow. (not a R.J. Reynolds Prince Albert promotion Ulster-Old Timer.)
"Remington" canoe, (no "R" number) most likely made by Camillus sometime in the 1990's, according to the experts over in Mr. Levine's sub-forum.
Anyway, no offshore made to insult/offend anyone for a change. :)

View attachment 1445395

A NIB Stainless Schrade Stockman from the 1950’s or ‘60’s today. Etches are Keen Kutter Hand Made K825RB on one side and Razor Blade Stainless Made in USA on the other side.

https://i.imgur.com/PFl56Lq.jpg[/img]']
Beautiful!

The monument on the other side of the river is "Jackson Barracks ". Where Andrew Jackson camped during the battle of New Orleans.
The river has been closed down till the storm passes through (we are in a fleet).
Hope there is minimal or no damage to the area. Good dayView attachment 1445189 View attachment 1445190 View attachment 1445191
Always enjoy your river photos. Keep her keel-side down!
Today I am carrying a Rough Ryder RR2101 VG10 Trapper. Interesting budget option. I decided to do a budget carry today. Really looking forward to the Rough Ryder Reserve knives. I recently purchased my first GEC and wow, I am impressed. I now own two the #23 Pioneer Trapper in Woodland Micarta and the #97 Beaver Tail. This is my first post in Blade forums.
Rusty
Nice to see ya, Rusty!
View attachment 1445390 View attachment 1445391

In just a few hours we will literally be in the eye of a hurricane here in southeastern Louisiana. This 35 should be easy to see in the dark! God Speed to all my neighbors and friends! We are tucked in for the night; animals in the barn and generator primed. Oh, and I have a lot of knives ready to use!
Not your first go-round, y’all stay dry!
Nice pair of Cammies !
Thank you kindly!
A #43 and a Remington Jack both in Cocobolo

Ji7z2Hn.jpg
These are sweet, Steve!

Finally have my new rotation schedule together, and using it to assign my knives for this week (and the next 59 weeks as well).
Alox of the Week is my favorite, an old cross Pioneer (a lot of favorites seem to show up in Week 1 :rolleyes:):
View attachment 1445380

non-Alox SAK of the Week is Vic Pocket Pal C (one of 3 I currently own):
View attachment 1445381

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Camillus electrician's knife:
View attachment 1445382

International Knife of the Week is a South African Okapi Baby Sable:
View attachment 1445384

- GT

These four are a great beginning to your new rotation schedule, Gary. I've commented on the first three before (or in the case of the Pocket pal, one of the iterations). Your Okapi Baby Sable is a real neat looking design; do you use it at all?

The monument on the other side of the river is "Jackson Barracks ". Where Andrew Jackson camped during the battle of New Orleans.
The river has been closed down till the storm passes through (we are in a fleet).
Hope there is minimal or no damage to the area. Good dayView attachment 1445189 View attachment 1445190 View attachment 1445191
I really look forward to your always interesting posts my friend . We did a cruise up the Rhine a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it immensely . Stay safe out there my friend and good luck . BTW , I like that knife .

Harry

These with me today as I got a haircut , a flu shot , and picked up more leaves .

Harry
I hope you didn’t over do it Harry! ;) It’s always a treat to see that pair of oldies my friend! :thumbsup: I can tell our friends here that I have had both of these knives in my own hands. :D Harry’s photos are great, but to fully appreciate these knives and how they have withstood the test of time, you just have to have them in hand! :) :thumbsup:

I hope you didn’t over do it Harry! ;) It’s always a treat to see that pair of oldies my friend! :thumbsup: I can tell our friends here that I have had both of these knives in my own hands. :D Harry’s photos are great, but to fully appreciate these knives and how they have withstood the test of time, you just have to have them in hand! :) :thumbsup:
Thank you for the very kind words Ron . I am blushing a little bit but I know that you are right . I feel that Anyone who knows knives would like to have them once they held them . I wonder though how many young persons would use them . I Do Not Hesitate to use them . I Can Not wear them out in my life time and they have No Ones name on them like a lot of mine do . Take care my friend .

Harry

Back