What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A true BEAUTY Gev:cool::thumbsup:

A new Case Tear Drop Jack in CV (very well built) and a Radio Shack red cellidor Electrician today:thumbsup:
9kH76I.jpg
So is that lady in red :D:thumbsup:

I already had a handful of Bull Noses from previous runs, so the Muslin Micarta was the only one I bought that time around. I think it’s one of the more interesting Micartas that GEC uses. I do enjoy the #71! :D

WlXfKMC.jpg
The 71’s are great knives. That’s a great family you’ve got Barrett! :) :thumbsup:

A true BEAUTY Gev:cool::thumbsup:

A new Case Tear Drop Jack in CV (very well built) and a Radio Shack red cellidor Electrician today:thumbsup:
9kH76I.jpg
Nice pairing Paul! The Teardrop Jacks are great little knives. Well worth the modest cost. :) :thumbsup:

I think the licensure requirements vary by state. ;) :D

I already had a handful of Bull Noses from previous runs, so the Muslin Micarta was the only one I bought that time around. I think it’s one of the more interesting Micartas that GEC uses. I do enjoy the #71! :D

WlXfKMC.jpg
Nice collection Barrett:cool::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot of the Week is Union Jack, an A Wright & Son rosewood lambsfoot my wife and daughter got for me in a hardware store in York, England:
UJ.mark.Vflat.post.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a horn Joker:
horn18.mark.open.jpg

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag bone cotton sampler (only like a peanut because it's small :rolleyes:):
scs.mark.V.chair.jpg

- GT

They got the bolsters and handles right on that one, they are great. :cool::thumbsup:
I really wish they had done that same setup with a clip point or drop point blade.
RR seems to be on a kick of running "unique" knives lately. o_O
I have both of these in the small and large both with smooth bone, great knives, i use for slicing and cutting cheese. But what you say is correct, the above bone with a clip point, and i'm all over it. I hope they get back to just making some old patterns.

The 71’s are great knives. That’s a great family you’ve got Barrett! :) :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Paul! The Teardrop Jacks are great little knives. Well worth the modest cost. :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Ron, I agree with the well worth the modest cost statement. This knife is very well executed, centered and solid blades, flush in all three positions, very nice jigged bone but I feel the Case Bose knives are a notch above the others for fit and finish. Now if they pinned the shields;):thumbsup:

Traveling light and this GEC 43 fit the bill. :)

Great pic JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! I don't know when I've every been paid so many compliments by so many nice people! Y'all are making me blush! ;)

Jack, I also have one that is originally for cutting mining belts. It's a Humphreys Radiant. I almost forgot I had it. The blade has led a rough life, but the knife is solid. :thumbsup:

49991638377_9bfe3e8ec0_o.jpg

Jack I found the Stanley knives on line at a bunch of places. They are very economically priced. :thumbsup:

33ef06c5-fbaf-4a16-a883-c3df7ba0f4e3_1.deb1ed59547a6fd9aae50402484ab55f.jpeg

LOL! :D Interesting to see the cant on blade of your Humphrey's Radiant Ron (it has lovely bone too). Mine are by TEW, and the cant of the blade is very different, as you can see :eek: :D Great to see that Stanley still make those knives :cool: :thumbsup:

4w3R0zv.jpg

Nice collection Barrett! :cool: :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot of the Week is Union Jack, an A Wright & Son rosewood lambsfoot my wife and daughter got for me in a hardware store in York, England:
View attachment 1465549

View attachment 1465550

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag bone cotton sampler (only like a peanut because it's small :rolleyes:):
View attachment 1465552

- GT

I miss going to Barnitt's hardware store :( Smashing trio of knives Gary :) :thumbsup:

Stan Shaw has been very much in my thoughts these past few days, and particularly so today, on his 94th birthday, Carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot, along with my regular Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

RBUxqhv.jpg

kUg9WSv.jpg

View attachment 1465549

View attachment 1465550

View attachment 1465552

- GT
The scales look great. I just don't get the choil/tang dohickey with this pattern. Maybe in the hand it might make more sense.

Thank you Harry! :) :cool:

That's a nice pairing there Jeff. :) :thumbsup:

That's a really nice ole Tested Jack, Travis! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! I don't know when I've every been paid so many compliments by so many nice people! Y'all are making me blush! ;)

Jack, I also have one that is originally for cutting mining belts. It's a Humphreys Radiant. I almost forgot I had it. The blade has led a rough life, but the knife is solid. :thumbsup:

49991638377_9bfe3e8ec0_o.jpg

Jack I found the Stanley knives on line at a bunch of places. They are very economically priced. :thumbsup:

33ef06c5-fbaf-4a16-a883-c3df7ba0f4e3_1.deb1ed59547a6fd9aae50402484ab55f.jpeg

Thanks for the compliment Barrett! The Muslin Micarta was the only one I fooled around and didn't get from that run. It pairs nicely with your forum knife! :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Harry. :thumbsup: A nice TEWSday pairing there pal! :cool: :)

Thanks, my amigo!
I’ll bet a LOT of people have one of those Stanleys in their tool pouch or tool box. I’ve had one for a long time.It sharpens easily, which is good because it always gets used on things I’d never touch with a decent pocket knife ~ like asphalt shingles, sandpaper...
I wonder where I left it?

View attachment 1465549

View attachment 1465550

View attachment 1465552

- GT
A great trio of International knives Gary! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, I agree with the well worth the modest cost statement. This knife is very well executed, centered and solid blades, flush in all three positions, very nice jigged bone but I feel the Case Bose knives are a notch above the others for fit and finish. Now if they pinned the shields;):thumbsup:
I agree on all points Paul. Pam and I along with the Etters were lucky to be able to have a private factory tour at Case in 2019! The Bose inspired knives uch as the Teardrop Jack are made on the factory floor along with the regular production. The Case Bose Collaborations are made in a separate area, (not part of the tour)! All assembly and finishing are carried out by a select group of people. :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Interesting to see the cant on blade of your Humphrey's Radiant Ron (it has lovely bone too). Mine are by TEW, and the cant of the blade is very different, as you can see :eek: :D Great to see that Stanley still make those knives :cool: :thumbsup:

4w3R0zv.jpg

I miss going to Barnitt's hardware store :( Smashing trio of knives Gary :) :thumbsup:

Stan Shaw has been very much in my thoughts these past few days, and particularly so today, on his 94th birthday, Carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot, along with my regular Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

RBUxqhv.jpg

kUg9WSv.jpg
There is quite a lot of difference in the cant of the blades Jack. Most probably differing between makers. That's another great stag knife from Stan. :cool: The man really knows his craft. The stag Hartshead is always a pleasure to see! Stay well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, my amigo!
I’ll bet a LOT of people have one of those Stanleys in their tool pouch or tool box. I’ve had one for a long time.It sharpens easily, which is good because it always gets used on things I’d never touch with a decent pocket knife ~ like asphalt shingles, sandpaper...
I wonder where I left it?
That is one of the knives that would probably amaze us if we knew how many were actually used everyday Jeff! :) :thumbsup:

Back