What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good morning! I went out around 6 to start Pam's car to warm up and to roll the trash to the curb. It was 21°F with no wind and we had a frost that looked like a young snow! :eek: So my photos are from indoors this morning! :rolleyes: I'm carrying a new Opinel No.8 Sandvik with a Walnut handle, along with my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow! Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50672030392_19b77991b1_o.jpg

My knife for today is my Citadel Coubi. Citadel is a company out of Cambodia led by a Frenchman.

A great little knife with a N690 Blade, black Horn and framelock. One of the sharpest knifes out of the box I have.

Recycled picture due to bad weather.

Gerd
18Y3QDr.jpg
There was a knife shop in Ottawa that sold Citadel knives. While I was on my initial knife buying spree, I was rather intrigued with Citadel knives but always seemed to bypass them and bought something else (usually ones that had a butterfly on them). The assortment of friction folders always drew me, but alas I never bit.

I always bought my knives at the store but meant to view the Citadel knives and handle a few. Unfortunately, the knife store closed last November and my chance to see those knives up close and personal is now gone and likely forever.

For Monday:
0FE3Lvf.jpg

Le Langres et le Laguiole.
Vince, you're an international man of mystery with your French knives and Danish cookies! That Langres always grabs my attention! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

That's a splendid sleeveboard! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Ron, and same to you and yours. :)

Pam and I were able to meet up with Jeff Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund along with his lovely wife and daughter at a local Cracker Barrell for breakfast this morning. Jeff and his family are traveling back home after returning their granddaughters back home to Georgia. I reached out to Jeff and we were able to meet. It was a wonderful time and a great visit. ...
Thanks for breakfast, Ron!
Really great to see you again, buddy, and so glad Vickie got to meet you and Pam! After we pulled back on the road, she said “that was fun, and you’re right. Ron and Pam are really nice folks!”
Ron & Jeff, it's great that you could meet up for a while during Jeff's holiday travels! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, once more, for your kind comments, Gary. And now the requisite smiles: :):):D
Well-played, Dean! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

My Sunday carry this week is a new acquisition, a Buck 503.

View attachment 1463964
Congrats on the new Buck 503, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The 503 (and 501) sure look like fine lockbacks.

Totin' these two today

Sde62u8.jpg
Impressive rojo mojo in that pair of red bone Cases, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Toting a couple Schrades for Sunday. :)
Mighty cute couple, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I really like the canoe pattern, but sometimes worry that most canoes are VERY similar to one another. Your example is certainly a nonstandard example of the pattern! :eek::cool::cool:

Terrific trio of knives, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A stag SAK is pretty much a dream come true!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

IBjVHgW.jpg

pxi5inL.jpg
Delightful duo, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That all-stainless Rodgers is tasteful gentility personified (more accurately, knifified, I suppose :rolleyes:).

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week for me is a Schrade whittler (thanks, Tony):
whit.mark.open.jpg

Big Knife of the Week, a Rough Rider Improved Muskrat, is probably longer than average, but not particularly large overall:
imp.musk.pile.open.jpg

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Chinese Imperial mini canoe (shown here with its big brother):
imp.canoeX2.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

Thanks, Ron, and same to you and yours. :)

Ron & Jeff, it's great that you could meet up for a while during Jeff's holiday travels! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week for me is a Schrade whittler (thanks, Tony):
View attachment 1465783

Big Knife of the Week, a Rough Rider Improved Muskrat, is probably longer than average, but not particularly large overall:
View attachment 1465785

Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is a Chinese Imperial mini canoe (shown here with its big brother):
View attachment 1465788

- GT
Thanks Gary! We had a nice visit! :cool: I like that Schrade Whittler my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Just arrived, Le Thiers Pocket par Fontenille Pataud in stag.:)

Beautiful stag, José. I was going to say both sides match pretty well, then realized it's the same side in both pics! :D I am enjoying my FP Thiers knife too.
Vince, you're an international man of mystery with your French knives and Danish cookies! That Langres always grabs my attention! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
It is a beauty, gift from @Âchillepattada. As for the Danish cookies, I saw my daughter with a small tin. She keeps sewing stuff in it. I mentioned that my grandmother always had a tin of Danish butter cookies around, and wanted to buy some. I guess she went shopping with my wife, because they brought that tin home recently. Didn't last long, even though a "serving size" is four cookies!
Carrying the Laguiole again today:
ZnS7W3m.jpg

I’m enjoying those two. Niiiice.
Why, thank you, Jon. I am certainly enjoying them as well!

That frost is almost as heavy as the one we had this morning pal! ;) That Schrade and that Lambsfoot make a nice pairing Jeff! :) :thumbsup:
They do pair up nicely~ good variety of blades.
Yep. Gettin cold. Durnit!

Wonderful Whittler. :cool::thumbsup:
A wonderful gift from Ron!@Half/Stop!
You’ll have to forgive me, but I’ll probably be totin it quite a bit.

Back