What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

VSL3je0.jpg

Today (and all week) I'll carry these knives, among others.
Sowbelly stockman this week is a CV Case chestnut jigged bone model, a treasured gift from the late @Half/Stop:
View attachment 1490538

Regular stockman is another CV Case from their chestnut jigged bone series, a medium stockman with a good dye job but quite severe blade rub:
View attachment 1490539

Budget canoe this week is a Rough Rider Stroke of Luck canoe (if I had planned more carefully, I'd have saved it to carry for St. Patrick's Day in a couple of months):
View attachment 1490540

"Premium" (in the sense of being somewhat harder to find, even though it was originally an inexpensive model) Canoe this week is a Marbles Rams Horn canoe:
View attachment 1490541

- GT

I like the look of your Marbles Rams Horn canoe, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the unique coloration of that one, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad you like it, Dean! ;):cool::cool: I like the drop point blades on those Buck 50x knives much more than the Buck 110-style clip point.

Thanks, Jeff & Dean. :) Jeff, the photo I posted was taken very soon after the knife arrived in almost new condition from Rachel. But I've subsequently carried and used it for at least a couple of weeks. Still in great shape, but some food prep stained up the blade quite quickly, as the pic below probably shows. Dean, I wasn't a BSA scout, but my church denomination had a program for boys called the Calvinist Cadet Corps. We had weekly meetings during the school year, and my impression is that the meetings were like Scout meetings, plus Bible study (and ping-pong tournaments). There were also periodic campouts (some local, some state, some national), but I don't remember my brothers and I ever attending any of those.
View attachment 1490763

Beauty, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I can never make up my mind on my preference for that knife with endocarp or barehead. It seems like the one I'm currently looking at is the style I prefer. :rolleyes:

- GT

Thank you for your kind comments, Gary. Interesting information about your Calvinist Cadet corps. I had never heard of that group having been brought up in the Wesleyan Arminian tradition. :):D Sounds like fun.

Regarding Buck 110/55 series versus the 50x series, I agree with your comment on the blade dynamics; additionally the 50x knives are much lighter also.

Back