What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This one for me today - I hope you all have a terrific weekend.

YwyduDj.jpg

To quote Mr. John Cleese, of 'Monte Python's Flying Circus' Infamy: "And now for something completely different ..."

A roll ("gathering"? ... "rendezvous"? ... "mob"? ... "collection"?) of what most would call "penny knives" in their native lands, "back in the day". :)

In right cargo pocket: Cold Steel Kudu. ring lock lockback

In right front pocket: Cold Steel Kudu Lite slipjoint.
Also in right front pocket: (large; 99mm closed) MAM "Operario" X01PU3CK5 (Ref 2042) large Sheepsfoot friction folder (no liner lock version)

I'm not sure how many days this'll last ... However, they do deserve to see some pocket time ...

View attachment 1491595

Picked this up the other day. First production none collab knife I’ve gotten in awhile. Man this thing is sweet. Assembled perfectly also. The half stops and threading set it off just perfectly. The color is awesome. I’m tickled. Straight into the pocket she goes.
View attachment 1491428
That is a really attractive case. What model?

Picked this up the other day. First production none collab knife I’ve gotten in awhile. Man this thing is sweet. Assembled perfectly also. The half stops and threading set it off just perfectly. The color is awesome. I’m tickled. Straight into the pocket she goes.
View attachment 1491428
Nice mini trapper for sure. :thumbsup: Bolsters bone, shield and blade combo all work together so well. I looked those over when they came out and have seen a few listed for sale since. I just never found one at a time when I was ready to add a knife to my collection, foolish me.:)

Carrying this Blade Forums knife while I am just staying in and cataloging some of my Northfields .

Got these done .

Harry
Very nice, Harry! I can certainly appreciate the pleasure they bring you, my friend.
View attachment 1491593 View attachment 1491592

I believe many of us need a bit of a break from the GEC madness. I am going back to the 70’s with one of my all time favorite knives. It’s a six dot Case XX USA Canoe with pretty bone and the best etch ever. A welcome change of pace! Have a great weekend everyone!
I missed out on the latest GEC madness. Again.
I don’t understand it. I check my e-mail once a week whether it’s full or not.

But no ragrets! As long as I can catch a look at some here on the porch!
View attachment 1491705

View attachment 1491593 View attachment 1491592

I believe many of us need a bit of a break from the GEC madness. I am going back to the 70’s with one of my all time favorite knives. It’s a six dot Case XX USA Canoe with pretty bone and the best etch ever. A welcome change of pace! Have a great weekend everyone!
I don't usually like etches on my blades, but I love that one. I bought a Case canoe last year, but haven't carried it much. Gonna tote it this weekend.
D0OpjoB.jpg

Back