What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This came yesterday... had to sand the heel of the pen's tang due to the tip being ever so proud, and had to reprofile the edges, but now it's good to go. I've always wanted a whaler/ sunfish/ elephant toenail, but as beautiful as they are, the GEC Whaler's pen blade made the knife too uncomfortable to hold when whittling/ wood carving, etc., with the main blade. I'd love a single blade Whaler, but those are as elusive as a white whale. This one's penn blade sits low enough not to be a pain. I also took 1500 grit sandpaper to the spine of the pen to soften it's otherwise acute (though dull) apex. Have a great Sunday!

WcsTcmal.jpg

etPldvul.jpg

gjm946Tl.jpg

Nice knife and always very nice pictures :cool:

You're on top of the world with that pair of lambsfoot knives, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Top-notch knife positioning in your photo! :D:thumbsup::D

Congrats on taking possession of that aged but top drawer Robeson! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I hope the celebration and fish tacos were tip-top, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Top shelf popcorn stag twins, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

ED, looks like it would be tough to top that chowder no matter what you're wearing! :cool::cool:;) Anchors aweigh!

I suppose Big Foot is near the top of the food chain! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I heard a hilarious Sasquatch story on a radio program my wife listened to yesterday. :D

Thanks for the comments on my Cadet, John & Dean. :) Pocket time has to be allocated in an equitable manner for all my Alox SAKs, John; I can't just play favorites! :eek::rolleyes:
(Many of my pics are taken when a knife is new, and sometimes I rarely take more recent photos, so the pics I post often don't represent the current condition of a knife very accurately.)

Looks like you came out on top with that purchase! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Your top of the post (or stump) shots are really nice, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I've never actually handled any version of the #66, but from the photos, I might prefer the Calf Roper Slim with the 2-blade pen configuration. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Case was on top of their game with that stag Barlow, Les! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:):thumbsup:

Wow, Mike, that knife deserves top billing! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You must feel like top dog with that pair in your pockets, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Top of the line choices, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You're always in top form with your scout/fixed blade pairing, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Top shot, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I like how you're able to focus on the knife in the foreground and still avoid blurry background. (I have no clue how to do that. :rolleyes:)

Your stag medium stockman is top banana, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Top Osage Orange twins, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your double stags rise to the top, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Deluxe, indeed! :cool::thumbsup::cool: And top of the morning to you, too! :)

Gotta be near the top of the heap of medium stock knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Great pic, Bruce!

Sorry to hear that sad news, Jack. Condolences to you and his other friends and family as you remember his long and remarkable life.

:thumbsup::)

Top ic of HHB hitting the bricks, Bill! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the top-flight Kissing Cranes whittler, Greg! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the big new folder, Tony! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Whether you got an incredible deal or paid top dollar, sounds like you're very happy with it!

- GT
Hey there GT, looks like you've been busy with the replies...had to page down quite aways to find mine:D. Anyway, hope all's well with you:thumbsup:.

Back