What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A strawberry on the cherry tree...
View attachment 1578225
Fruit salad, Gus! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, GT.
Luckily the shade moved in about half way through and made it bearable.
Shade is a blessing at this time of year! If I don't have a specific destination for my daily walks this week, when it's very hot and humid, I just go whatever direction has the most shade each time I come to an intersection. :rolleyes:

Must be in a red mood today, whatever that means.
It was really weird to wake up today and not have to go teach.
Had a hard time falling asleep last night, kept prepping math lessons in my head???
Ravishing reds, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Teaching math is something I was pretty good at, and enjoyed more than almost anything, so I'm struggling adjusting to retirement. :eek:

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ thanks as always for your kind and entertaing replies.
My brother in law was last seen with a knife hanging from a pocket clip...🙄
At least you tried with your BIL, Jeff. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Going to take it easy, just a little down in the back today, carried too many heavy boards the other day I guess. It’ll be the Jack again, can’t break the habit.😊View attachment 1578244
Hope the back is better now, Todd.
Is that your summer hat with the TJ?

View attachment 1578254
I bought the #11Camillus at the big flea market a couple of years ago.
The 43 was a much appreciated gift from @Chief coming up on four years ago.
Great pair, Jeff; that Tip Top Barlow is an awesome old knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Took this Old Timer out on the kayak yesterday and got some fishing with my boy in.

GIaZ4Ci.jpg

Killer kolor koordination with knife and kayak, Kory! ;):cool::cool:

After seeing the strawberry Robeson beauty @Un-Chained has, I grabbed mine and its little brother. :)
Really enjoy the "dueling Robesons" you and Gus are posting, JJ! :D:cool::cool:

What a superb pair, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I thought I'd easily prefer the similar size Medium Jack over the Texas Jack because of the slightly smaller pen blade,
but in real life usage, I haven't yet encountered a 'job' specific situation where the pen blade size mattered a great deal.
For my EDC consideration, the Medium Jack and Texas Jack are virtually interchangeable,
although I think I see more Texas Jacks posted here than Medium Jacks.
Wish Case had the Texas Jack pen blade on a knife with round bolsters like the medium jack. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic foursome, Gary; very cool variety of slicers you have assembled! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ. :)

These 2 today in the morning :

Then this one in the afternoon to cut down August Lilly early growth .

Harry
Stunning stag trio, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Really struggling with Imgur this morning, and not for the first time recently :(

Carrying my Hartshead Barlow again, and a Random Tuesday big Sheepsfoot by George Butler :) :thumbsup:

4IbIGVU.jpg

2qdqunG.jpg
Formidable duo, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My internet and TV and phone were all down yesterday, and my usual variety of "resetting tricks" didn't work, but somehow they all healed themselves while I was sleeping! :D:thumbsup::cool:

Today’s carry, a good ole U.C.CO...
View attachment 1578757
A great one to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Gus, that Ka-Bar is just incredible!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is it a muskrat? What's the second blade?

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks Gary!
So true Gary, such a purdy piece that black pocketeze!! The Craftsman whittler is very well built and the Staglon covers and shield just bring back the 60s... I lurve it!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

View attachment 1578766
Schrade with a NYKC blade, a 54 jack, and some of my romaine lettuce.View attachment 1578768And that first cup ‘o coffee...
Given the recent Midwest weather and your trio of knives, you've been "sweatin' with the oldies", Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

One blade. Imagine all the weight it saves me!
Thanks for the info. :)

Super cool old Pruner Electrician, the handles are marvelous. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :)
I think the handle's fascinating, too. Here's a flash pic that shows off the color:
holub.elec.jpg

Thank you, GT. :)
I had to look up the word "hoary"
I hope you found a definition that wasn't too offensive! o_O;)

Happy Tuesday Everybody
Terrific twosome for Timber Twins Tuesday! ;):cool::cool:

Storms predicted for this afternoon so I’m down at the dock for some morning coffee. The Jack will get a companion today Chestnut CV.View attachment 1578832
Pair of classic Cases, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks Gary, she is a Shepard mix.
Thanks for the info, Steve; I was gonna guess German Shepard, but the ears had me second guessing myself. :)

Notable pair, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Feels like a liver and onion day at the Wagon Wheel Cafe.
Sounds great, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Liver and onions used to be my go-to order at restaurants, but I rarely see it on the menu anymore. :(

Quality pair, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Time for some strawberry 🍓
View attachment 1578942
View attachment 1578943
should suffice ‘till... whenever!
Sublime covers, Gus!!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Dynamic Duo... 🦇 ♂️ and 🐦
Love the "rebus puzzle"! :D:cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Formidable duo, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My internet and TV and phone were all down yesterday, and my usual variety of "resetting tricks" didn't work, but somehow they all healed themselves while I was sleeping! :D:thumbsup::cool:
Thanks buddy :) That must have been frustrating Gary, glad you're all OK today, clearly Rest Aids Recovery! ;) :thumbsup:

Superb pic of that beautiful Barlow Dean :cool: :thumbsup:

LOL! :D That still looks pretty good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ :) :thumbsup:

That is stunning JJ, and the Delrin model pairs very nicely :cool: :) :thumbsup:

It certainly would Dennis :)

20LNwkE.jpg
k6FjH1X.jpg

Stan Shaw made me up this Stockman from old parts, and put horn covers on, instead of wood.

C5BRGVs.jpg

My friend @herder gifted me a regular-sized Stockman :) :thumbsup:

gikikSJ.jpg

And I have this Gunboat Canoe, made during that period, and a thoughtful gift from screened porch screened porch :) :thumbsup:

2wSgdht.jpg

Thanks again buddy, the Queen was a gift from our pal JohnDF JohnDF :) You are doing a storming job with those multi-quotes Dennis :) Hope you're doing OK there, I like your new Sodbuster, goes great with the Lamb :cool: :thumbsup:

Very handsome :) :thumbsup:

I share your pain my friend, but that gorgeous Case Barlow is sure to brighten your day :) :thumbsup:

Piano keys for me today :) Have a good Friday everyone :thumbsup:

I1WbUm8.jpg

htLYU6H.jpg
Mmm. Smooth Ivory Bone! Love it!
I’ll bet that Stockman that Mr Shaw built for you is special to you...
Really nice pair! Great combo.

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ thank you buddy. For some reason, I picture you on your daily walks with a bulging fanny back, pulling a small carry-on bag on wheels.:D

I'm struggling adjusting to retirement. :eek:
I worry about that too Gary, but my neighbor tells me it’s fantastic. I have 3 years before I find out! 👍
Hope the back is better now, Todd.
Is that your summer hat with the TJ?

Getting better each day, will say it’s been hanging on longer then I thought it would. Yes, that’s one of my several hats, a Father’s Day gift many years ago.😊
Pair of classic Cases, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT
Thanks Gary! 👍
Great looking knives Marlinspike, your Otter and a Jack make a great pair! 😎👍

I felt like carrying these two Barlows with smooth bone from ‘70 and ‘72. No particular reason, none at all.
Off to Iowa in a bit for my niece’s wedding. First mask and worry free family gathering in over a year, which is unusual for us.
The only ones that won’t be there are my oldest boy’s daughters, but school is out in Georgia, and they are flying here the day we get back. Really looking forward to having them for almost two weeks.DC4369A0-C7D8-4071-B0D0-4BA9829F37DE.jpeg

Last edited:
I felt like carrying these two Barlows with smooth bone from ‘70 and ‘72. No particular reason, none at all.
Off to Iowa in a bit for my niece’s wedding. First mask and worry free family gathering in over a year, which is unusual for us.
The only ones that won’t be there are my oldest boy’s daughters, but school is out in Georgia, and they are flying here the day we get back. Really looking forward to having them for almost two weeks.
View attachment 1580544View attachment 1580545
Beautiful Barlows Jeff. Have fun at the wedding, mask free! 😊 Sounds like you have a great two weeks ahead of you. Enjoy your family! 😊👍

That one is really great.
Thank you, my friend. :)
A solid knife choice. 🤠:thumbsup:
That still looks pretty good my friend
It's a good little Jack, Jack. :)
Oh my... That's a TREASURE! 🤠:thumbsup:
Sorry your smooth bone didn't win the poll. :(
I'm struggling adjusting to retirement.
It's hard when it becomes such a big part of your identity.
I hope you found a definition that wasn't too offensive!
Lol... I'm glad I spelled it correctly. ;)
Terrific twosome for Timber Twins Tuesday!
Thank you, GT. :)
Off to Iowa in a bit for my niece’s wedding.
Safe travels, Jeff. :)

Back