What watch do you wear?

R1lhSpx.jpg

New cheap band. Works just fine ;)

Looks great! Love the SuperOcean. Have always wanted one.
I always wear my Aerospace on a zulu strap, 3 ring. For such a fine watch, the titanium bracelet it came on was crap, IMO. Well, at least the clasp was/is.

All my watches feel better on a zulu.

Nice! I took the plunge and brushed the bracelet and lugs. Turned out great, I am not a polished bling guy!

I did same. Scotch bright. That bracelet is stout and I think they did a good job other than the lack of micro adjustments of some sort (at least on mine this could have changed?)

I wear it on oem rubber. Harder to find aftermarket straps due to unique lug design. Having said that, the clasp is amazing as far as literally push button adjustability while wearing.

I did same. Scotch bright. That bracelet is stout and I think they did a good job other than the lack of micro adjustments of some sort (at least on mine this could have changed?)

With a fold-over clasp (not butterfly) it should be possible to find a replacement with 3 or 4 micro adjustment holes.

This is a fold-over clasp with 2 micro adjustment holes. Measure bracelet width at the clasp and go shopping for a replacement with 3 or 4 micro adjustment holes.

41VF9pSWBCL.jpg

This is a butterfly clasp and they're not adjustable, you're stuck.

41i234BFBEL.jpg

Looks great! Love the SuperOcean. Have always wanted one.
I always wear my Aerospace on a zulu strap, 3 ring. For such a fine watch, the titanium bracelet it came on was crap, IMO. Well, at least the clasp was/is.

All my watches feel better on a zulu.
The bracelet is quality but I am really enjoying the rubber strap. Barton is the brand and I can’t recommend them enough. Quick release spring bars as well, no tools needed. Hard to believe was only $20 but I am convinced that OEM straps are priced artificially high so there is not such a huge price gap when comparing the same watch on bracelet vs strap. I realize some are really nice but I couldn’t see spending 400+ on OEM rubber with deployment clasp. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
The bracelet is quality but I am really enjoying the rubber strap. Barton is the brand and I can’t recommend them enough. Quick release spring bars as well, no tools needed. Hard to believe was only $20 but I am convinced that OEM straps are priced artificially high so there is not such a huge price gap when comparing the same watch on bracelet vs strap. I realize some are really nice not couldn’t see spending 400+ on OEM rubber with deployment clasp. Just my opinion of course.
I agree with your assessment of the Barton

The bracelet is quality but I am really enjoying the rubber strap. Barton is the brand and I can’t recommend them enough. Quick release spring bars as well, no tools needed. Hard to believe was only $20 but I am convinced that OEM straps are priced artificially high so there is not such a huge price gap when comparing the same watch on bracelet vs strap. I realize some are really nice but I couldn’t see spending 400+ on OEM rubber with deployment clasp. Just my opinion of course.

Yeah, I agree the Breitling bracelets are quality materials. And largely construction as well. It is the clasp specifically that I hate. Mine didn't hold well as it came from the dealer. Not at all. I had to work on the "locking clasp" to get it to hold sufficiently. But it still FEELS cheap, even though it isn't. It is amazing to me that brands as cheap as Citizen or Wenger can design/manufacturer a more robust clasp (albeit much cheaper materials) than a top end luxury watch manufacturer.

Yeah, I agree the Breitling bracelets are quality materials. And largely construction as well. It is the clasp specifically that I hate. Mine didn't hold well as it came from the dealer. Not at all. I had to work on the "locking clasp" to get it to hold sufficiently. But it still FEELS cheap, even though it isn't. It is amazing to me that brands as cheap as Citizen or Wenger can design/manufacturer a more robust clasp (albeit much cheaper materials) than a top end luxury watch manufacturer.

I wouldn’t be happy with that either. My locking clasp is tight. I wonder if it is poor design and/or the titanium is partly to blame? Is it full titanium bracelet and clasp?

Edited to add that I only have a few watches and all but one was purchased on a bracelet, but I prefer the majority on rubber, leather, or nylon. Lots of great options out there.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be happy with that either. My locking clasp is tight. I wonder if it is poor design and/or the titanium is partly to blame? Is it full titanium bracelet and clasp?

Edited to add that I only have a few watches and all but one was purchased on a bracelet, but I prefer the majority on rubber, leather, or nylon. Lots of great options out there.
Yes, full titanium bracelet and clasp. The whole works. I think it is partly the titanium, partly the design, and partly specific to my bracelet/clasp. I have friends that have the same watch (albeit different vintage, both older and new) that don't have a problem with their clasps.

Back