What watch do you wear?

IMG_1327.JPG

Suunto Vector

Here are a bunch that seem to get some individual time sooner or later:

Wenger. Super clear dial. Had to send it back because the second hand started coming loose. They gave me a new one. :thumbup: one year later, it's doing the same thing. :(

Timex Expedition Tide/Temp. I work on the water, and thought this would be useful. It's HUGE. The tide feature is cool, the temp--not so much.

Seiko Chronograph. My first 'quality' watch. Nice and clean. Long second hand is actually the chrono timer.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Here's my small affinity for automatics:

Seiko '5' #1
orig.jpg

Seiko '5' #2 Just got this on the Exchange forum for a steal. Sweet.
orig.jpg

Kreiger. Not much out there on this, but the movement is real quality Swiss, and it's top-quality. Now my very fave.
orig.jpg

Photographing watches, as I am finding, is easily as specialized as knife photography. These are clear, but a GOOD watch photographer would laugh at the n00b. ;)

Coop

Do any any of you who work in an office have an opinion as to whether Marathon's SAR watches would classify as a "dress" watch?

Do any any of you who work in an office have an opinion as to whether Marathon's SAR watches would classify as a "dress" watch?

They are a tool watch but IMO they go will office wear as long as it is not 3 pc suite type clothing.One would look out of place on Donald Trump.

Favorite watch I've ever owned. Wasn't nuts about the stock band, as I felt it was heavy and clunky on my relatively small wrists, but County Comm's three-ring, two-piece band works great on it. Now it's a light weight workhorse. I've worn it every day since 2004. Even got my Wife the ladies' quartz version.

It's been running a few minutes fast for a few months, so probably time for a checkup with my local watchmaker.

Professor.

Attachments

• IMG_0375[1].jpg
    IMG_0375[1].jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 189
Though I no longer live in the Keys I am still on 'Island Time' so - no watch:)

My Casio G-Shock is on me most of the time right now. I need to get the Luminox fixed; the crown broke. :(
IMAG0055.jpg

I rotate between these but have been wearing the Seiko 5 (right) the most lately since getting it last month.
From Left to Right:
Fossil (don't know model), Victorinox Swiss Army Summit XLT Chronograph, Fossil "Blue" Titanium, Guess WaterPro Steel, Seiko 5 SNZF53K1 aka the Baby Monster, Monster Lite, Neo Monster. Missing from the first pic is my Casio G-Shock Aviation (GW2500-1A).
watchcollectionmisc2011.jpg

watchcollectionseikovic.jpg

watchcollectionseikosnz.jpg

watchcollectioncasiogsh.jpg

^^^ Great collection. Even better images. :thumbup:

Nice.

Coop

Thanks Coop! You take some awesome pics as well my friend! I was too lazy to pull out my dSLR, light tent or do any extensive setting up so these were mostly shot with natural light with my Canon S90. Pics are straight out of camera, only resized with logo and border added.

^^^ Great collection. Even better images. :thumbup:

Nice.

Coop

I carry a manual wind Hamilton pocket watch on a daily basis. My parents gave it to me in the '70's.

Here it is in a "pocket dump" picture from a couple of years ago.

08-11-01.jpg

Back