What would you most like from GEC in 2019?

What would you like to see from GEC in 2019?

• New patterns

• More variety in handle materials in the existing patterns

• ‘Modern’ traditional blade steels e.g. D2, and stainless

• Larger runs so there is less pressure to buy immediately

• Less SFOs

• More SFOs

• Sprint runs of smaller total knife numbers

• Better jigging patterns

• Lower prices on GEC knives

• Smaller runs and more variety

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey, I’m not the only one pining for a bull lock?

The 23 bull lock was one of the first GEC that I saw and thought about buying, but alas I decided the 23 was to large and didn’t. I’m still kicking myself for that. But I picked up a 43 from the recent run and it softened the sting a little. If they made a bull lock on a smaller frame I’m sure it would be extremely popular.

I have put way too much thought into this topic...
I always say I'd like a GEC produced Mini Trapper. While that would certainly be a terrific knife, I have thought of one that would top my list of most desirable productions...

I would like to see GEC produce a #15 Boys Knife, with a single clip point and stainless blade, nail mark, round bolsters, and no half stops. That would be a dream knife for me.

Stainless half Grinling with that big clip and a coping blade, 7 pull weights

Full Grinling would be fine, too. But since any whittler probably needs to be in a different frame, let's make it a 68 or even one of those new big sleeveboards, or a 35. And just call it the Woodworker's Whittler.

The 29 would be good for a split back, too. How about the clip main, coping blade with small clip like they used to put on those old balloon Whittlers?

Last edited:
I absolutely love my 23's!! I would love to see that pattern have another go around. Also really love the standard trappers with clip and spey blades, would love to see a re-run of those.
Bob

Would really like to se them be able to duplicate some of the jigging from the early part of the 20th century, companies like Schrade, New York knife and Challenge really did some incredible bone.
I would also like to see a large run of 38 Whittlers and Farmers jacks.
My gosh, well said, @Augie. I think most everyone would die to get another run of Grinlings.

Yup, such as good old rogers jigging!
QmoQ5kN.jpg

WSVbaJQ.jpg

UpLjwaz.jpg

The thing is, GEC can do nice jigging. Why they don’t do nicer jigging all the time is something of a mystery.

bzjk3rJ.jpg

7G3vBM6.jpg

OiDTeE7.jpg

Last edited:
I missed out on the 92 run(s) with the wharncliiffe main. I hope I get another chance. The 33 whittler would be really nice in a high grade stainless.

Mini Trapper! Mini Trapper! Mini Trapper! Mini Trapper! ....

Ed J

Last edited:
Back