What would you most like from GEC in 2019?

What would you like to see from GEC in 2019?

• New patterns

• More variety in handle materials in the existing patterns

• ‘Modern’ traditional blade steels e.g. D2, and stainless

• Larger runs so there is less pressure to buy immediately

• Less SFOs

• More SFOs

• Sprint runs of smaller total knife numbers

• Better jigging patterns

• Lower prices on GEC knives

• Smaller runs and more variety

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd like to see GEC make another run of #79 3-blade Montana Workhorse Whittlers. At 3 3/4" it makes for an easy carry knife but is very stout; thereby, making it a good, solid, work knife.

wzXNqDv.jpg

ruwdjKo.jpg

but of course, Howard will probably never re-introduce a practical working knife again.
That knife sure ticks a lot of boxes for me.:thumbsup:

77007DFF-7D9C-4F12-B58A-0108D560D87F.jpeg that 79 looks like a linebacker.

i think a svelte and curvy mini trapper two blade, a smaller version of the 48, would be a big hit, and a stainess version would shake the very foundations of the traditional knife world.

here is a Charlie Campagna GEC 48 SFO in chestnut bone. really cool jigging.

Yup, mini trapper, stainless, one or two blade options. Using that exquisite jigging pattern you mention and in the indian paint brush red as used on the 38 - just a gorgeous handle material.

Why oh why didn’t they put this blade on the right end of this knife

Last edited:
Yup, mini trapper, stainless, one or two blade options. Using that exquisite jigging pattern you mention and in the indian paint brush red as used on the 38 - just a gorgeous handle material.
That's THREE... Let's keep this train rollin'

A #77 or #78, harness jack, long pull spear point, with empire style punch, barehead, gimp shield, jigged bone covers,
In other words a modern copy of my Challenge harness jack lol
For reference:

Attachments

• 0920181856_Film1.jpg
    0920181856_Film1.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 21
I didn't see a voting area for more cowbell....

I'd like to see more of the models they have made previously in quantities...09, 25 singles, 38 farmers jack, 45 roughneck- whaler, 55 wharnie, 72 wharnies, and 78 singles (Keep them coming!).

Last edited:
Really, I'd like to make more than 2 choices. More patterns, more availability, and more releases in 440c (or cpm154, or D2, etc)

I'd just mike a few in 440c, I dont even need super steels. But I've used customs in cpm154, and productions in D2 etc).

First and foremost, though, is maintain QC/fit and finish, and keep the company profitable so it does not go under......

Do you hear me GEC? ???? STAY ALIVE AND YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL FIND YOU" (in my best Last of the Mohicans dramatic voice)..

What you are doing now, is supplying this generation, and then next generation with quality heirloom knives that will be passed on!!!!

So even if nothing changes, GEC's quality is still getting it done!!

Back