Whatcha got on order ?

I just ordered an 8" pair of Thorogood 814-4364's from Midwest boots.
And because of a labor day sale they included a free pair of laces and a nice Thorogood T shirt.
The 6" version was 10 bux cheaper and I was tempted but ultimately decided to stick to the 8" height I've come to love with my work boots, I just like the extra support.

I kind of wish there was an option for something besides a wedge sole as they're softer wearing, but as a casual boot they should last me a good while before I ever need to resole them. I'm barely 120 soaking wet anyways so it's not like I can really be too hard on them :D
I figured this was the perfect time to buy so I can gradually break them in before it starts cooling down and it's time to really wear them, not that they aren't known for not needing much break in.

I've been so happy with my Justin's I bought for work so I decided I was done with cheap import boots all together as long as I can afford it, $210 shipped isn't the top of the spectrum by any means but that's as much as I really need to be spending.

Last edited:
Just bought a new wallet.
The Buffalo Billfold Co.
American Bison leather
Awesome in hand!
8y76.jpg

Reactions: MVF
A Sofirn SP33 V2 with a 26650 battery and charger. It won't be here for a bit, but it is ordered.
According to reviewers, it'll do 2500 lumens in 2 min spurts for a total of almost an hour. Two minutes at a time will do to check the other side of the fence and scare off any coyotes who sometimes gather there at night looking to tease a dog into jumping the fence so they can eat it.
Reviewers say, it'll do 1000 lumens for a solid 2 1/2 hours straight. That's long enough and bright enough for all other needs.
The user interface sounds simple enough to be useful for what I need it for. Double click from any setting goes to turbo. Single clicks advance from low, to med, to high. Long hold from off goes to very low.

We'll see. I carry a Sofirn SF14 and have had good luck with it.

Last week I ordered an A&M repop elevation screw for the s102 rear on my Mossberg 26c which I forgot about , but it just barely shipped today anyway.

A new holder for my ID badge at work. The one I've been using hangs around my neck and I want to try something different.

IMG_5119.JPG
IMG_5118.JPG

Scored a great condition 1977 Crosman 38t target off the bay, got a great deal with original box cleaning rod and paperwork.
I also ordered the reseal kit for it in case it doesn't work because the seller didn't say I never thought to ask and because why not it would probably need it eventually anyways.

Ordered a classic EZE-LAP model M pocket sharpening rod.
I've been wanting a fine grit pocket sharpener to keep my knives maintained at work but for some reason keep forgetting about these.

Cripedistributing had the Amrstrong branded version of the Utica multimaster at a good discounted price so I went ahead and ordered one.
They've interested me for a while but I always disliked the price compared to a budget Leatherman.
These days though their new stuff isn't doing much for me so I decided to finally try one of these multimasters out since the price is right.
Like every multitool the tool set isn't perfect for me but I like what it has to offer.

Ordered a classic EZE-LAP model M pocket sharpening rod.
I've been wanting a fine grit pocket sharpener to keep my knives maintained at work but for some reason keep forgetting about these.
I have one of their's in Fine that a bought a number of years ago at the Blade Show. Works just fine.

I have one of their's in Fine that a bought a number of years ago at the Blade Show. Works just fine.
Just realized M is for medium, wish I would have realized that before and looked for a fine grit.
They would be much more suited for keeping my blades touched up at work, oh well I suppose it will mean 1 or two passes on either side gets my edge back.

What are your plans to use the Speed Blaster? Looks kind of interesting.

It hasn’t come yet. Slow boat from China? I have tools in the garage that have a little rust around the edges. I thought I would blast them before painting with a fish oil primer. Most of the rusty items came from flea markets.

It hasn’t come yet. Slow boat from China? I have tools in the garage that have a little rust around the edges. I thought I would blast them before painting with a fish oil primer. Most of the rusty items came from flea markets.
Personally I just wire wheel the rust off a vintage tool and call it good, but I suppose a sandblasting and paint would be better than rust.

Back