Whatcha got on order ?

Came yesterday. Vaultek VT20.

ExV24J1.jpg
I'd look this one up on YouTube and see if The lockpicking lawyer has a video on it.
If it has any defects or flaws in it's security I'm sure he knows how said design errors can be exploited.

Only thing I have coming is a new light. Need another one of those about as much as I need another knife....

(Speaking of which, I'd been talking to a maker about a new fixed blade; but got distracted. Time to restart that discussion)

I have a number of lower priced items in route via Amazon. The first to arrive will be a couple spare camera batteries along with a car charger unit for them. The car charger unit may be a life saver at some point and I intend to keep that inside my truck (somewhere I can find such things). The batteries fly around if you aren't using them in cameras regularly and get misplaced. But I have three camera bodies that take the same battery. So, a few spares are a good thing I think.

I got a set of the T-type metric hex wrenches (allen) a week or so ago. I never had a set of them and I think I'll like them.... maybe even enough to get the SAE version. I don't use such things enough to merit spending big bucks on them.

I got a set of the T-type metric hex wrenches (allen) a week or so ago. I never had a set of them and I think I'll like them.... maybe even enough to get the SAE version. I don't use such things enough to merit spending big bucks on them.
I just can't do imports, and I do use them just enough to justify the $30 the Eklinds will cost when I finally but some T handle hex keys. I'll probably go ball end too.
Eklind is my go-to brand for Hex keys.

I just can't do imports, and I do use them just enough to justify the $30 the Eklinds will cost when I finally but some T handle hex keys. I'll probably go ball end too.
Eklind is my go-to brand for Hex keys.
I certainly lean toward US or German made stuff, but with low use items, I'm okay with Chinese manufacture. I tend not to buy Chinese made power tools however if I am aware of where they are manufactured. I believe the Cobalt brand tools at Lowes are Chinese made and I buy those from time to time. They have a good guarantee if that matters.

I certainly lean toward US or German made stuff, but with low use items, I'm okay with Chinese manufacture. I tend not to buy Chinese made power tools however if I am aware of where they are manufactured. I believe the Cobalt brand tools at Lowes are Chinese made and I buy those from time to time. They have a good guarantee if that matters.
I can't afford American made power tools, not that there are many options new anyways.
I'm not gonna pay a premium for cordless power tools when the batteries are really how they getcha.

Things like my bench grinder I went vintage, and my 1958 Craftsman block grinder is still going strong.

I understand the US bias and supporting US industry. I think you may be right about the power tools being mostly made in China now. Our local Ace has a German made one but it is REALLY expensive even for a drill. Ace generally isn't the place for bargains however. I choose the better brands for stuff like drills and reciprocating saws that I use heavily from time to time. I probably mentioned this before but years ago I bought a Black & Decker recip saw (my intro to them) on the suggestion of another customer... they all wear out; go cheap.... well, I burnt up three on a single two week job and that is the last time I have bought anything B&D since. That was like 10 years ago.

I understand the US bias and supporting US industry. I think you may be right about the power tools being mostly made in China now. Our local Ace has a German made one but it is REALLY expensive even for a drill. Ace generally isn't the place for bargains however. I choose the better brands for stuff like drills and reciprocating saws that I use heavily from time to time. I probably mentioned this before but years ago I bought a Black & Decker recip saw (my intro to them) on the suggestion of another customer... they all wear out; go cheap.... well, I burnt up three on a single two week job and that is the last time I have bought anything B&D since. That was like 10 years ago.
For my DIY use I've had good luck with B&D, but nothing will beat the 20 year old dinosaur of a heavy ass Makita 18V cordless I had.
The switch eventually went and that was a $30 part I don't want to buy, but that original Japanese Nimh battery never quit when I had a couple Mexican made spares that didn't last worth a crap.
Got it used and there's no telling what it had been through.

The B&D cordless stuff my dad was buying in the 90's was complete garbage and just stopped after minor use, but their stuff is much better now.
Still probably only good for a Diy'er like me , but the 90's stuff wasn't even good for that.

I have a corded Makata drill as a backup I bought a number of years ago for work stuff. I have only used it once when a cordless drill failed. Lots of torque. My most used cordless drill is a little 12v and used primarily for removing screws or nuts (tearing stuff apart) or putting in a new one.

I seldom use things like allen wrenches which is where we started on this latest tool discussion. But when I need one, I have one. But the use is very short lived hence why I buy Chinese made ones.

Last edited:
I’m expecting a Backspacer from RockScale Design today. It’s for my Benchmade Bailout. I recently picked up the new aluminum handled version with the M4 blade and couldn’t be happier with it, I just don’t need the glass breaker. The RSD backspacer will fix that right up and also make the knife look even better.

My Sams Club membership is up for renewal in about a month. I visited the store last week and made some of my usual purchases there. Some of my usual purchases are no longer carried in the store. They convinced me to spend the $1 to upgrade my membership until renewal time. I ordered some stuff that they do not carry in the local store and this is a test case to see the shipping time and convenience of the Plus account. So, with renewal, I may decide to up the membership level for 2020. We'll see? For info, with the Plus account, shipping is "free" and I am certainly getting my dollar's worth with the short term upgrade. Shipping time is important as much of the stuff is for work and I seldom included shipping time in my need calculation in the past.

I traditionally buy a lot of bulky items at Sams Club and until recently it was much of the reason I have a membership as the items were available at the local store. I tend to buy the same things there over and over again.

Added: I had ordered some liquid items in gallon jugs. They need to pack them better. The box they packed stuff in was wet. Fortunately no punctures, just one loose cap caused the wetness. All & all, they did okay and stuff arrived when they said it would.

Last edited:
I generally stick to regular airguns these days aside from the cheap spring shotgun I use for shooting spiders and wasps, but I just had to have this little guy.
It's the smallest green gas blowback airsoft pistol on the market, and is a pretty faithful replica of the Colt junior / Astra Cub.

Ordered the pistol plus a spare magazine, a can of green gas , and some ammo.

Ordered some more American made tools from HJE, a pair of Channellock #424 ( their smallest tongue and groove pliers ) an awl, and a replacement screwdriver for one I recently damaged.

I generally stick to regular airguns these days aside from the cheap spring shotgun I use for shooting spiders and wasps, but I just had to have this little guy.
It's the smallest green gas blowback airsoft pistol on the market, and is a pretty faithful replica of the Colt junior / Astra Cub.

Ordered the pistol plus a spare magazine, a can of green gas , and some ammo.
Think I would rather own the Colt Junior which I have several specimen on hand (22 Short version). They are pretty much collector pieces for me as I have owned them for years and never shot any of them. From an investment point of view, they were a poor choice as pretty much nobody is interested in them.

I don't have anything on order right now but I do have a cart on Amazon and another retailer that I have yet to order.

Last edited:
Think I would rather own the Colt Junior which I have several specimen on hand (22 Short version). They are pretty much collector pieces for me as I have owned them for years and never shot any of them. From an investment point of view, they were a poor choice as pretty much nobody is interested in them.

I don't have anything on order right now but I do have a cart on Amazon and another retailer that I have yet to order.

I would love to have a real Colt junior, but I can't shoot a firearm in my house or backyard any random time I feel like as I can with my 30+ airguns or this airsoft replica when it arrives.
I'd love to get one someday, but in the meantime I can have fun shooting this.

Last edited:
Just ordered an 8pc Stanley 100 plus screwdriver set.
I like the handles , the tip fitment, and the quality of the steel in the few I've owned over the years.
Can't confirm but I suspect they're probably produced in the Proto facility, they're just higher quality than your typical Stanley stuff these days US made or otherwise.
I've recently decided I wanted something different out in the garage than my WF Craftsman drivers.
I have been relatively satisfied with them over the years, but I just wanna try something different.

I ordered a corded rota tiller/cultivator for my little garden. My old gasoline one wouldn't start and after fiddling with it a while, I decided to try out the electric. I am generally anti corded lawn tools, but the garden is close to my house and I think it will work out. We'll see? I can always fix the old one but it will require parts from the factory at this point. I should have it tomorrow. So, if the rain stops and there is a little drying, I'll try it out this week.

Back