Whatcha got on order ?

The mini bikes arrived yesterday and I got them assembled , after a few hiccups both run great now.

I also got the racks in today and mounted mine.

A few things to note.

1st - they vibrate a decent amount so gloves or some more cushy grips are a good idea.

2nd - the manual makes no mention of it, but don't think you're going to just gas it up a little for a quick test run.
Theres a device ( possibly a float of sorts , not sure ) that prevents you from running the sludge and such that settles in the bottom of the tank.
You've gotta have a decent amount of gas in the tank.

3 - mine was missing the front axle nut and screw plug for the carb bowl, cheap and easy enough to get at the local hardware.

4 - forget about cold vs warm starting, you'll always need the choke on to start 'em regardless of what the manual claims that's just how it is.

5 - theres a throttle travel limiting screw that's adjustable on most mini bikes, Coleman decided to tack weld them in place.
Cut it off with a dremel and you'll go from 18mph to between 21mph and 23mph.

I'm sure the free speedometer app I download is probably not the most accurate, but one of my bikes settles in at a top speed of 21mph while the other settles in at 23mph after this quick " modification ".

Overall I'm very satisfied, they start on the first pull every time and are a ton of fun.

Last edited:
A pair of helmets for riding the Coleman mini bikes.

And a folding trailer from Harbor freight, I went to get one and they're on back order till mid June or so.
I just prepaid and will pick it up when they're in stock.

The mini bikes arrived yesterday and I got them assembled , after a few hiccups both run great now.

I also got the racks in today and mounted mine.

A few things to note.

1st - they vibrate a decent amount so gloves or some more cushy grips are a good idea.

2nd - the manual makes no mention of it, but don't think you're going to just gas it up a little for a quick test run.
Theres a device ( possibly a float of sorts , not sure ) that prevents you from running the sludge and such that settles in the bottom of the tank.
You've gotta have a decent amount of gas in the tank.

3 - mine was missing the front axle nut and screw plug for the carb bowl, cheap and easy enough to get at the local hardware.

4 - forget about cold vs warm starting, you'll always need the choke on to start 'em regardless of what the manual claims that's just how it is.

5 - theres a throttle travel limiting screw that's adjustable on most mini bikes, Coleman decided to tack weld them in place.
Cut it off with a dremel and you'll go from 18mph to between 21mph and 23mph.

I'm sure the free speedometer app I download is probably not the most accurate, but one of my bikes settles in at a top speed of 21mph while the other settles in at 23mph after this quick " modification ".

Overall I'm very satisfied, they start on the first pull every time and are a ton of fun.
pics of them?

Congrats!!! Great looking bikes! I had Honda Monkey as a kid, lots of fun to ride!!! Best of luck with your new bikes!!!
Oh these sure ain't gonna be as good as a Honda z50, but they start on the first pull every time and are generally reliable.

As long as you make sure every fastener is properly tightened where it needs to be these are considered pretty decent by most accounts.

Just earlier I lost the nut off the kill switch ground, something I should have checked.
Only took a minute to scrounge up a replacement though so it's no big deal.

I ordered a pair of Woobies mod1 sneakers.

100% American made, veteran owned, and reasonably priced.

I normally wear Van's slip-ons in the warmer months but honestly they kind of suck where comfortability is concerned and for political reasons I can just no longer support them.

I saw a factory tour video on YouTube and had to look into them right away.
$109 is very reasonable.

Last edited:
Some paracord in various colors. I found that with a half dozen knives all having bright orange lanyards, finding the one I wanted for the day in a timely fashion was becoming a bother.

I ordered a vulcanized rubber watch strap for one of my watches and finally got my first Spyderco Mule.

I ordered a pair of Wellco desert boots with the old school Panama soles to wear trail riding on my mini bike.

I figured a surplus desert boot would be just the ticket because they're rugged affordable and they breathe pretty well so I went looking and ended up ordering these

The current issue USMC desert rat looked like a good option ( I've tried the current ARMY issue boot and didn't like them)
But I couldn't find my size from the usual sources, so I looked on Ebay knowing many small surplus shops have Ebay stores and I found these.

I had some cheapo Vietnam repros when I was a kid and the traction on those Panama soles was great so I hope these don't disappoint.

Ordered a couple of Propper boonie hats to supplement the one I've been wearing for the past decade or so. I like them better than the bucket hats they expect old farts like me to wear. The brims stick out and actually provide shade. And I can still roll them up and stick them in my pocket if I need to.

Ordered a couple of Propper boonie hats to supplement the one I've been wearing for the past decade or so. I like them better than the bucket hats they expect old farts like me to wear. The brims stick out and actually provide shade. And I can still roll them up and stick them in my pocket if I need to.

Proper makes great stuff.

I go with R&B inc though because they still make stuff in the old M81 woodland , both my patrol caps and my boonies.

I ordered one in plain tan and one in plain black with no external camouflage holder.

I ordered one in plain tan and one in plain black with no external camouflage holder.

I had no clue Propper made them without the loops.

I'm so used to that being just the way it is from GOVT contractors that I never considered getting one without them.

I've got a number of pins I like to have on my boonie hat, and it would be great not to have those loops in the way.

A seal kit for a late 30's Benjamin model 177 air pistol, a seal kit for an early Benjamin model 132 air pistol, and a lever / linkage for the model 132 pistol.

I had no clue Propper made them without the loops.

I'm so used to that being just the way it is from GOVT contractors that I never considered getting one without them.

I've got a number of pins I like to have on my boonie hat, and it would be great not to have those loops in the way.
They call it a...ah...er... gag..."tactical boonie". Stupid name. Good hat, though.

Currently got this bad boy on preorder. According to CRK they ship a few out at the beginning of every quarter and it’s still the beginning of a new quarter so hopefully we see something soon!

Attachments

• 7D1067C9-4E78-432A-8E64-FA6C05DB4633.jpeg
    7D1067C9-4E78-432A-8E64-FA6C05DB4633.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 4
Back