Whatcha got on order ?

Ebay is your friend here.
Theres lots of other lesser known brands you can get a good deal on too.
Easco, Herbrand, Challenger, Thorsen ( the earlier pre 80's stuff ) WRIGHT tool, KAL / Proamerica, masterforce, Master Mechanic, penncraft, Powr-kraft, Indestro...and the list goes on.

The current WRIGHT, Proto, and William's industrial tools are also priced much lower than others and a really good value on the secondary market, especially since you can save on a set missing a piece or two and easily replace it.
Cool, thanks for the info.

Cool, thanks for the info.
Blueline is another, not that common and almost unheard of but their wrenches were excellent quality and they usually don't command much at all.

Just wait though, eventually some YouTuber will discover them and prices will shoot up.
Always seems to happen these days.

Blueline is another, not that common and almost unheard of but their wrenches were excellent quality and they usually don't command much at all.

Just wait though, eventually some YouTuber will discover them and prices will shoot up.
Always seems to happen these days.
Do you mean Blue point tools they are Snap on budget brand and are very good.

Do you mean Blue point tools they are Snap on budget brand and are very good.
No Blueline, made by HP mfg in the 60's and possibly 70's.

Btw Blue point used to be " very good " before snap on relegated them to the budget stuff.
These days if it's not Taiwanese it's tools you can get cheaper from the OEM or any other branding of it.

I’ve been hunting down deals on older tools a lot lately and it’s not worth posting everything I find. However I thought this was a neat and unusual crescent wrench. Big jaw with a stubby handle, should come in handy for the tight places a plumber finds themselves in. Cheap too at $17.79.

F159D14F-F503-4C9A-9E4E-D3CC41275F9F.jpeg
77909AE2-F542-479F-AAAB-12404494F257.jpeg

I’ve been hunting down deals on older tools a lot lately and it’s not worth posting everything I find. However I thought this was a neat and unusual crescent wrench. Big jaw with a stubby handle, should come in handy for the tight places a plumber finds themselves in. Cheap too at $17.79.

View attachment 1632606
View attachment 1632605
Western forge made that 4" adjustable for PROTO, I have a Craftsman example of this that you can still get old stock a lot of places.
Bought mine a few months back on Ebay where they're still available.( bought the 6" at the local hardware last year )

It's a good tool and I really want to like it, but the proportions are off.
It never replaced my trusty MAC aw4 I've carried the last decade, but because of it's capacity I carry it in my pocket while riding my minibike.

Here it is compared to my MAC AW4 that's already slightly larger than average, and a Diamalloy of the typical size for a 4" adjustable.

Last edited:
I ordered some patches for my dad to iron on his favorite denim jacket.
A 9th infantry for each shoulder and a US ARMY seal for just above the breast pocket.

And I scored myself a couple of nice " vintage " ( older and American made, unknown age) leather jackets.
I have one and love it but the deep dark brown is a bit bland and I wanted something in a lighter brown with more character.
I found a pair of jackets 1 a longer driving coat style and the other a bomber type, $100 shipped for the pair in excellent condition.
If I don't like them I can find someone who does.

Last edited:
I just ordered myself a Wool cruiser jacket from Johnson woolen mills.

Call me crazy, but I love wool jackets.
Wool is awesome, and it can last a lifetime if you take care of it.

I contemplated filson, but their stuff seems to be an overpriced ripoff these days, apparently they just increased the price $100 last year for no reason and it was already more expensive than it needed to be.

I decided to go with JWM because I love the green and black option, and it was half the cost because they mill the wool and don't have to pay a middleman like Filson does.

I just ordered myself a Wool cruiser jacket from Johnson woolen mills.

Call me crazy, but I love wool jackets.
Wool is awesome, and it can last a lifetime if you take care of it.

I contemplated filson, but their stuff seems to be an overpriced ripoff these days, apparently they just increased the price $100 last year for no reason and it was already more expensive than it needed to be.

I decided to go with JWM because I love the green and black option, and it was half the cost because they mill the wool and don't have to pay a middleman like Filson does.

Wilson seems to be more of a hipster fashion brand for people who hang out at log cabins for pipe smoking pics but never have figured out things like how to start a chainsaw.

And yes wool is awesome!

Wilson seems to be more of a hipster fashion brand for people who hang out at log cabins for pipe smoking pics but never have figured out things like how to start a chainsaw.

And yes wool is awesome!
There are some true blue collar folks out there wearing filson, but yes for the most part they seem to be coveted by fashion or hipster types and that has caused them to think quite alot of themselves.

JWM seems to be more of an old school company who doesn't have a swolen head because they lack the following and brand recognition.

JWM offers a more equivalent jacket for the money, but it's still $20 less than the filson, uses a 100% wool, and has a removable hood .
They just don't have other color options for it.

The jacket I bought was $200 less before shipping, so I'm sure it's not going to be a 24oz wool because they didn't feel the need to advertise it but I have very high hopes for it.

Last edited:
It turns out I was wrong, based on the only option of fabric sample for the green and black small stag I went with, this jacket is going to be a 24oz ( the other options I considered for the cruiser also only come in 24oz ).

I ordered a 6D maglite, and I ordered an LED upgrade and a 2d tube extension from Litt industries.
The extension will probably have to be used to turn my old 3D into a 5d, because 8 batteries may overpower the bulb I ordered.

Last edited:
view

I “won” the lottery to order this 75th Randall anniversary knife. 1 of 200 made.

Last edited:
I bought the new olight warrior 3, in desert camo. Dual switch 21700 light with a 2300 lumen turbo. It should be a nice versatile big edc light to add to my options.

EA2D9CC7-A1CA-46BB-8BAA-43C04B38A4DF.jpeg

I tried to buy an orange i5r as a Christmas gift for my brother and snag the green i3e for my dad, but I'm having a bank issue right now so it's not gonna happen before the sale is up.

Some more winter socks.

My favorite winter socks that I've tried so far are the Huntrite moreno wool socks from sportsmans guide, they're American made well priced comfortable and pretty warm. ( I believe Costco sells the same socks under another brand )
I think they're a mid weight though, and I'm probably going to try their guidegear heavyweight wool socks next.

I ordered 6 pairs.

Back