Whatcha got on order ?

Got my leather craft tools today.

Went ahead and threw a belt sheath together, I wasn't thinking and made it too wide for any knife I'd put it in so I went ahead and added a division to also hold my LED solitaire.

I didn't to a very neat even job with the basketweave pattern and I stamped a bit too light, but overall the sheath turned out decent and usable for a first go with the new leather working tools.

I scored 12 of the mini 1.5" Pratt Read easy drivers, they're aa ver fine toothed ratcheting screw driver in the form of a two tone lexan ball.
These came out back in the 70's and we're originally made by Creative tools inc, I'm sure you've probably seen them before the most common ones are black and red ball about the size of a tennis ball and came in a tube.
Some time in the 2000's Pratt Read acquired the patient and released an improved version.
I scored 12 of just the ratchet ball with no shafts.
I'll be keeping a few , making shafts for them, and trade the rest to friends on the Garage Gazette.
My original is kind of messed up, and I've always wanted to try out the little one so I just couldn't pass the deal up.
Here's a picture in case you've never seen one.

I've also ordered an 18" barrel Custom shop Crosman 1300kt pistol in .177 that will be a traditional rifle / carbine when I'm done with it.

Took advantage of their free Lazer engraving and am having them put American Boy on it for me, that's a nod to a rarity that inspired my build but you'd have to really into classic multi pump air rifles to know.

Last edited:
Stainless steel guide rod and 20lb recoil spring for my SW40VE.
I know, it's like polishing a turd.
I currently have less than $300 in the gun, polished sear, stoned internal parts, fresh barrel, and a few custom pieces, and it's a tack driver.

It's yet another lever gun for me. This time although it's still a modern reproduction and it's a rimfire version of a single shot lever gun which was the first collaboration between John M Browning and Winchester. It's a 1885 Low Wall in 22 WMR.

Judging by the pictures he posts I'll bet it's the finest belt you ever wear.
He makes a very nice belt. It will be my second one from Dave.
bvscQGT.jpg

Last edited:
Great thing is this is a reproduction of the model Winchester 1885 Low Wall in 22 WMR which is a reproduction although in Low Wall of the first rifle John Browning sold to Winchester. Something a bit different for me to enjoy at the range. Still a Winchester and a Lever Gun which I Luv but a Single Shot and in 22 WMR that I can enjoy at the range.

Got my Crosman custom shop 1300kt yesterday.

Started with this

And turned it into this

I just need a rear peep sight when what I want becomes available again.

Great thing is this is a reproduction of the model Winchester 1885 Low Wall in 22 WMR which is a reproduction although in Low Wall of the first rifle John Browning sold to Winchester. Something a bit different for me to enjoy at the range. Still a Winchester and a Lever Gun which I Luv but a Single Shot and in 22 WMR that I can enjoy at the range.

22 wmr is a fantastic round, and that's an awesome rifle.

Since I started looking for and then acquiring replicas of the Winchester 1866, Winchester 1873, and Henry Rifle somewhere along the way I also looked at trying to acquire a Winchester 1892 as well.

One of the things that drew me to these rifles besides the history and the fact that they were lever guns was the fact I could get something in the same caliber that I already had pistols in with exception of the Henry in 45 Colt. The fact it was in a different caliber was in no way going to stop me from getting a Henry Rifle.

In addition, I also wanted rifles where the wood had a bit more character. Something a bit nicer. This was extremely easy when it came to the Original Henry because Henry Repeating Arms sells their Original Henry with an American Fancy Grade stock. However to get the best stock on a Winchester you have to get a Deluxe version. In fact for the most part to get the best grade available at the time you had to purchase a 2018 Shot Show Version. This wasn't an issue on the 1866 because there were still enough in quantity when I decided to make this purchase. I initially decided to get the Yellow Boy first and then over time get a 1873 and a Henry Rifle. Luckily, I kept tabs on the 1873 and noticed these becoming scarce so I jumped on one a bit quicker than initially planned.

Anyhow somewhere along the line as I looked at these rifles and the history and development of the Winchester Lever Guns it became apparent that for me even after getting the Henry, the Winchester 1866, and the Winchester 1873 the set really wouldn't be complete for me until I got a Winchester 1892. I mean after all John Wayne carried the 1892. Well actually so did the rifleman and as far as I know and remember I think the 1892 really was the most carried version in movies and television even though it may have in reality have been depicted incorrectly for the time period these movies and shows where trying to represent. Regardless it seems to me that this was the end of the evolution of the pistol caliber lever action rifle for Winchester and somehow my set just would not be complete without it.

The third in my set may very well have been the Winchester 1892 instead of the Henry Rifle had it not been so difficult to locate. My criteria for this one was a bit more specific as I not only wanted better wood but I also wanted it in the takedown version. There was a Shot Show 2017 version with a higher grade of wood but it wasn’t a takedown version. This was actually available in a Shot Show 2018 version but it was impossible to find in 357 by the time I looked and somewhat difficult to find in 45. So at this stage I decided to get the Henry and figured I may never get the 1892 I really wanted unless at some point I purchased from an individual collector, estate or something similar. Winchester and Miroku it appears make limited versions and if you find something you like your best to get them as soon as they come out.

Anyhow by now I’m actually contemplating other options to include other configurations which where not a takedown model or a takedown model by another manufacturer other than Miroku. Somehow none of these ever really appealed to me after the initial thought of just getting something wore off. In other words I knew what I wanted and I just knew the other options just weren’t a good fit for me.

I wanted a takedown version because it will be a bit more unique for me, it appealed to me aesthetically, and because this should make cleanup easier especially in what is my understanding a more difficult to take apart gun. I’m also hoping this might work better if I have any issues with ammunition at the range. The magazine does come out so if I have a jam I would think it would be nowehere as difficult had it not been a takedown model.

Anyway I found MY Shot Show 2018 1892 in 357. I placed this one on layaway for now but should be getting it soon.

Last edited:
I've got a vintage New Britain era Husky 3/8 set coming.
Supposed to be a 19 piece set, but the ratchet was replaced with a later husky ratchet and a couple extra husky extensions were added making it a 21pc set.

Back