What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Finished up this fighting knife in O1.

cxatkKB.jpg

Xl7Ma9s.jpg

BYLMd64.jpg

5FVeea2.jpg

20180505_162822.jpg

I'm trying a new material for me called Ebonite on scales. It is an old hard rubber material that was once more common. You don't see it much anymore but I like the way it feels in the hand. This was scavenged from a 60 year old rubber bowling ball but I have some new material on order from a manufacturer in Japan. If it holds up well this may end up being a cool material for scales.

I am making my first friction folder. I am not sure on one aspect. Right now the pivot pin is not epoxied. The stop pin and pins in the spacer are epoxied. Do you also epoxy the pivot pin in one of the scales, both of the scales, or not at all? I am thinking not at all or just the scale opposite of where the Torx bolt goes.

This is O1 and G10. If I look at the blade wrong it rusts. I need to patina it and do a final sharpening.

TFN80NB.jpg

Otch2rt.jpg

9RDsZdF.jpg

G8uJKz2.jpg

3MmsPmb.jpg

Finally got around to finishing up my "new" heat treat kiln/oven/furnace today. Works an absolute treat! Really wish I had done this earlier. With a bit of practice I am able to keep the target temps ± 10c by adjusting the regulator whenever needed (hope i am using that symbol correctly).

hvd5GJh.jpg

DznXmcU.jpg

Just as a safety precaution i disengage the side latches when its in use.

Where does it vent, Jesse.
... and is the wall of the tank insulated?

Yep it is insulated, along with the obligatory satanite coating. I was having trouble getting proper kaowool here in Aus so i had to side with the generic ceramic refractory wool, which works fine, but the thickness is very inconsistent - so two layers were needed.

As for the vent... It doesn't really have one. :confused: The hole that the muffle pipe slides into has a slightly larger diameter than the muffle itself and that's pretty much the only thing that's currently acting as the vent. To be honest I wasn't exactly sure where i should put one. The plan was to assemble it and fire it up to see how the flame behaved so i could get a better idea on where to cut one out, but the whole thing just worked so i thought eh why bother.

Would cutting a vent still be worthwhile?

Hi all,
Here is something new i have been working on in my little shop:
Brand new from the year 1984 - old russian hardness tester
Kt94D4R.jpg

I made this to hold my grinder attachments. What do you think?
kI0vE3V.jpg

The last one is my signature knife. What do you think?
3Rp1VeN.jpg

Back