What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

This guy is pretty much done. Just need to add a final edge and polish before I take some beauty shots. The Saya is lined with felt for a snug fit. Wish I had some matching leather cordage on hand instead of the nylon cord. Would have flowed better I think. Thought all the different materials might clash, but I think it turned out alright. Had to crack open the bottle of Toki I bought yesterday to celebrate:p

Lut2DxF.jpg

2wx5exv.jpg

IzIoWNw.jpg

Hi OccamsBlade OccamsBlade looks great, I'm just finishing up a faceted guard/spacer just like that only in copper on a medium sized bowie type affair. I really like the look, kind of reminds me of stealth tech angles.

Hi OccamsBlade OccamsBlade looks great, I'm just finishing up a faceted guard/spacer just like that only in copper on a medium sized bowie type affair. I really like the look, kind of reminds me of stealth tech angles.

Thanks! I had a double bevel in mind when I started making the guard. As I was establishing the initial shape of the guard, by removing chunks of material, those facets just sorta started emerging unintentionally. I kinda liked the look, so just went with it. I'd like to refine that look more with a bunch of smaller facets, perhaps on a future design.

@bike4fun919 , what steel are these?

On a related note, you are one of my favorite makers to watch their progression over the years.

Blue richlite and G10 pins on this drop point. It was sanded to 600grit by hand then to a blue scothbrite belt. I may texture the handle with dremel tool sanding sleeve.

6 7/8 OAL
2 5/8" cutting length tip to start of notch,
2 7/8" tip to start of plunge
IimPOy1.jpg

Wv4ucxj.jpg

T2bOifu.jpg

That's a beautiful knife Ashwinearl!
Handle material and blade shape complinemt eachother I think.

I just googled that material, so basicaly it is paper micarta. It looks good!

"caused by air bubbles" So if you constantly get this which you seem to do, maybe you need to use an epoxy that has a longer pot time. Let the bubbles pop then make the glue joint. If you have 30 minutes of pot life you might not have this problem.

Good looking knives.
What are those three narrow knives?
Thanks buddy! They are a little boning/petty that I made for a fellow. He gave me a little description of the type blade he wanted and I drew it up for him. Funny how custom knives start. He was originally wanting a bread knife and this is where we landed. I think it turned out pretty good though.

Back in post 7977 I showed some of a batch I'm working on. The knives are all finished and I have the sheaths cut out and am working on those. Here's a few of those same knives and their sheaths.

Bowie knife kit and kaboodle heading off to Norway. Part of a large order that includes several wildrags, a couple of holsters and a travel bag.

cDrHLHn.jpg

QzUtVTL.jpg

3DgI5m3.jpg

Vaquero Ultralite and Horizontal sheath:

zoXBDyS.jpg

Small chef and a paring knife:

4sHA9by.jpg

OX23NCc.jpg

IMCCwzC.jpg

Large chef's knife:

67w6tfu.jpg

X7IVzqT.jpg

Vp5mlAk.jpg

This one was not an order and was gonna be sold on the website, till the wife stole it. Now I got to make her more so she can have a matching set.

tJ4dA9W.jpg

aUbSpRS.jpg

Y1BuSdq.jpg

Oh well I got leather to glue up and sew.

Dave, those blue pine cone scales are pretty awesome! did you make them? if not, where'd they come from?

Back