What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

I recently tried a no clay hamon on a mini fighter and it didn't work out. While polishing, I noticed the hamon was too close to the edge and didn't pass my testing.
Instead of redoing the heat treatment, I decided to test some polishing techniques and after that torture test it.

(the videos are a bit loud) don't forget to switch to HD.
Firstly, I drove the knife on a piece of 80CrV2

And finally, I broke it to see the grain. Breaking the knife with my small tube was a bit of a struggle. On the end of the video, I was sent flying.

Here are the results.
Minor rolling on the tip but it did keep its shape, the damage could be easily sharpen out.
2.jpg

And here is the grain.1.jpg

I realy enjoy working on slip joints.
Here is nr 6 ready for HT. If you can make it, you can make it smaller.
I'm going to grind the bevels post HT wich is a first for me. It feels a bit unnatural to me. We'll see how she goes.

20211206-113934.jpg

20211201-190932.jpg

WValtakis WValtakis Do you mind telling me what you are using for bedding medium? Is that garden variety hot glue? The ThermoLoc I have is gray. Is that a clear version?

Thanks for any response! Enjoy seeing your work and WIPs.

WValtakis WValtakis Do you mind telling me what you are using for bedding medium? Is that garden variety hot glue? The ThermoLoc I have is gray. Is that a clear version?

Thanks for any response! Enjoy seeing your work and WIPs.
Yup, hot glue👍

Back